• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Advanced Interface and Flags Code (and much more)

EDIT: Huuh? Now I can't select the type anymore, so I can choose tier 6-8 only. But I swear that I was able to select the Flying Dutchman the first time!
Is something in the quest fix that affects the code for the ship-select?
No, there's not.

Oo this version is really really messed up
There are no shop or tavern characters there anymore. The only trader is the one at the tailors shop, but if you talk to him the game freezes^^
I know there are issues, but THAT is not one of them.
Just started a Standard storyline and the traders are there just fine. Anything in your logs? :shock

I have not gone ashore yet in B13. The tutorial ship deck is better than in B12 because it does not have water on it, but it does still have the crew.
The only reason the crew WOULDN'T be there is if you are IN the tutorial. If you skip it, they're always there.
That flooding seems to happen occasionally, but I'm not sure sure when. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not.

Ahhhhh it seems the characters.c in the init-folder have been changed.. I didnt copied that because of my dialogs.
Err now I have to ask again.. has the code for the characters have been changed? because if so, I'd have to change this in my work..

But that explains not the game-freeze at the tailor shop? Could it have something to do with the new character-select interface?

My recommendation: do your modding work on Beta 3 WIP 12. Use WIP 13 only for further testing.
There were some changes here and there, but I can't remember exactly what. WinMerge would tell you: http://winmerge.org/downloads/ .
That's an excellent program for coding anyway. That and Notepad++ . :yes

Yeah I intended to do so, but just in case there are different codes I can already merge them for if we want to use it in a more stable version of WIP13
I will also do so for the additional music

But, I just looked into the town.c init files (like oxbay.c and so on) and the characters code SEEMS to be the same

EDIT: Yep they are the same (besides my already created citizens)

The only reason the crew WOULDN'T be there is if you are IN the tutorial. If you skip it, they're always there.
That flooding seems to happen occasionally, but I'm not sure sure when. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not.

Now you know why I provided a screenie. This IS in the tutorial and those sailors do push you all over the deck.

Now you know why I provided a screenie. This IS in the tutorial and those sailors do push you all over the deck.
Wha? While you're supposed to be fighting Malcolm? Really???
They do show up if I skip the tutorial in my cabin, but that's normal.

I wonder, what may be the purpose of this "Text" input field in the character/ship selection menu...
Anyway, what I have seen: if you give your starting character a custom name and change the model afterwards, the name changes into a random one. Works similar with the ship selection, but the ship's name there reverts back to the original one instead.

One time the "Select" button in all storyline menus was inactive, but I have no idea how I managed that. Maybe I can do it again.

the text searches for matches in names of the ships and models ;) works really good!
Nevertheless my game freezes all the time AND I DON'T F*CK*NG know why :modding
This time it freezed when malcolm has finished his dialog, after I skipped the tutorial. I didnt used Nathaniels model, I used some corsair and I used the european barque.
Code:
COMPILE ERROR - file: Characters\init\Eleuthera.c; line: 20
Invalid Expression
Invalid Expression
Invalid Expression
Invalid Expression
Invalid Expression
Invalid Expression
Invalid Expression
missed ')'
RUNTIME ERROR - file: Towns\Towntable.c; line: 1061
Invalid data type for DEC operation
RUNTIME ERROR - file: Towns\Towntable.c; line: 1061
Invalid data type for DEC operation
RUNTIME ERROR - file: Reinit.c; line: 692
Invalid function call
RUNTIME ERROR - file: Reinit.c; line: 692
function 'R_InitModels' stack error
I don't know if this is the error log for the freezing game, but I think it wasn't there before

I wonder, what may be the purpose of this "Text" input field in the character/ship selection menu...
Supposed to be a text filter, allowing you to find exactly the ship you're looking for if you know its ID.
I'm not convinced all filters are quite working though....

Anyway, what I have seen: if you give your starting character a custom name and change the model afterwards, the name changes into a random one. Works similar with the ship selection, but the ship's name there reverts back to the original one instead.
That sounds about right; similar to what it did in Build 13's Choose Character menu.
If a model doesn't have a name defined in initModels.c, you get a random nation-appropriate one.

Nevertheless my game freezes all the time AND I DON'T F*CK*NG know why :modding
This time it freezed when malcolm has finished his dialog, after I skipped the tutorial. I didnt used Nathaniels model, I used some corsair and I used the european barque.
I've been having random freezes right after skipping the tutorial for a long, long time. Goes much further back than WIP 13.

I don't know if this is the error log for the freezing game, but I think it wasn't there before
Did you edit the Eleuthera character init file? I don't have that one.
All other problems I do have and I'll be trying to fix them some time soonish. They don't actually cause crashes though.

Edit: Well, there is SOMETHING wrong with Eleuthera. I'm not getting it in my Colonies interface.
And Alice Town shows up on Aruba instead. Veeeery interesting. o_O

So Pirate_KK did some really cool work on flags and the like, but because the Questbook and Colonies interface weren't up-to-date, I was forced to keep the old files in use too.
Just for fun (hey, I can't fix bugs ALL the time!), I've been updating those to use the new code. And while I was at it, I created crests for ALL personal and pirate flags.
Looks like the code was intended to be used that way anyway, so now your own crests will be showing up properly.

Also, I expanded the number of crests on the Questbook Interface from 6 to 8 so that ALL nations now fit, including the United States and your Personal Nation.
This is what it now looks like in two different Storylines:
QB_Assassin.jpg QB_JackAubrey.jpg

And I did manage to get some stuff fixed, such as:
- Standard and Jack Sparrow storyline not working at all
- R_InitModels temporary fix (by just never re-initializing that code after starting the game)
- Towntable Invalid data type for DEC operation attempted fix
- Selected nationality DOES influence your personal relations properly again and it's no longer all neutral (including pirates)

I'm not convinced all filters are quite working though....
Aye, doesn't work that good yet. I just tried this:

1. Open the ship selection menu in the Nathaniel Hawk storyline, but don't change anything.
2. Type some random word into the text field instead.
3. Choose your vessel now and have a look at all those nice ships after four clicks. Spanish Heavy War Galleons ahead (after some time though). Makes no difference, if you change your ship type.

Works also in other storylines, of course, I got a Trinity Class 2nd Rate in Devlin Opera this way.

That sounds about right; similar to what it did in Build 13's Choose Character menu.
If a model doesn't have a name defined in initModels.c, you get a random nation-appropriate one.
Good to know. The name was reverted back to Jack Aubrey after the game started in Governor's Harbour, but I guess that part is not finished yet.
After I went to sea the game dropped me in the middle of nowhere, but the Archipelago Map says I'm still at Eleuthera. Odd.

I'm getting the distinct impression the game isn't understanding that Eleuthera exists. Most peculiar. :confused:

Edit: Indeed there was a bit of a mistake with the Eleuthera island init code.
Found and fixed and.... the worldmap works! Now THAT is nice!!! :woot

Download: FIX (3.94 MB)
Installation: Extract on top of Build 14 Beta 3 WIP 13
New game: Required for the Worldmap/Eleuthera issue
Contents:
Code:
- Eleuthera island code fixed, restoring the Worldmap back to proper working order
- Jack Sparrow and Sea Hawk storylines start properly again
- Personal Nation starting relations restored
- All crest textures, including various pirate and personal flags, redone and updated by Pieter Boelen
- Flag Related code updated
  . NEW crests textures used properly in Questbook and Colonies Interface
    Old crests.tga.tx and nations.tga.tx files are no longer used
  . All pre-defined flag uses adjusted for the new system [WIP: excluding a lot of Woodes Rogers storyline pirates]
- Buccaneers Camp display in Colonies Interface fixed
- Level Up cheats work properly if Auto Skill System is OFF too
- Captain Harvey missing initModels entry added
Opening post updated accordingly. One more step in the right direction, eh? :doff

But that explains not the game-freeze at the tailor shop? Could it have something to do with the new character-select interface?
Confirmed; the tailor shop DOES make the game freeze. Avoid them for now!
I get the distinct impression the game doesn't much like the rewritten initModels code. Possibly I'll have to restore it to what it was before.
Hopefully that won't throw the character model selection in Select Storyline out of whack. :facepalm

Aye, doesn't work that good yet. I just tried this:

1. Open the ship selection menu in the Nathaniel Hawk storyline, but don't change anything.
2. Type some random word into the text field instead.
3. Choose your vessel now and have a look at all those nice ships after four clicks. Spanish Heavy War Galleons ahead (after some time though). Makes no difference, if you change your ship type.

Works also in other storylines, of course, I got a Trinity Class 2nd Rate in Devlin Opera this way.

Strange, I could select the 2nd ship type button at the first time and could select "versitales" "merchants" and "warships" with this way, I could let me give every ship that exists in the game. But I don't know how to reproduce that...

For the crash, maybe that was a random one. Will give it a new try later.

Strange, I could select the 2nd ship type button at the first time and could select "versitales" "merchants" and "warships" with this way, I could let me give every ship that exists in the game. But I don't know how to reproduce that...
You're right, it IS possible to convince the game to let you do that. Seems to require to open that selection window, then close it again or something.
I get the impression the whole filtering only works properly the first time you open that screen.

And a LOT only works properly if you didn't already start a New Game. Seems the Select Storyline interface was not quite made with that in mind just yet.

Confirmed; the tailor shop DOES make the game freeze. Avoid them for now!
I get the distinct impression the game doesn't much like the rewritten initModels code. Possibly I'll have to restore it to what it was before.
Just tested in Pirate_KK's unmodified files and there the Tailor crashes too, so it's not a merging error.

Apparently SOME times the year is set to "0". Talisman reported that in Pirate_KK's unmodified files too.
However, when I actually TRY to replicate that, it works normally. Can anybody figure out when that does or does not happen? I'm confused. o_O

Happens to me, when I go to the worldmap straight after game start. I started a new game afterwards and stayed for a day in the tavern, that fixed the problem.

Turks looks pretty funny at the moment, by the way.
wat2.jpg

Edit
Oh, and the fort at Tortuga hates pirates again.

Back