• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Advanced Interface and Flags Code (and much more)

Apparently you now start out with ZERO skill points for everything.
I'm probably way too tired, because I forgot to ask this: Skillpoints for Perks or Skills like Sailing/Leadership? The latter would indeed make a huge difference (and it must be the latter, makes no sense otherwise).

I think the only advantage of some of Pirate KK's new screens is that you don't have to do so much scrolling to see things.

However having everything on one screen can be very confusing and if the buttons you have to click on are too small then it can be very annoying :mad:.

:cheers

I'm probably way too tired, because I forgot to ask this: Skillpoints for Perks or Skills like Sailing/Leadership? The latter would indeed make a huge difference (and it must be the latter, makes no sense otherwise).
Skills indeed; not abilities. Indeed that wouldn't make much sense. You start with only one anyway, so that wouldn't make much of a difference.

POTC is going to look more and more like COAS. My old eyes prefer the POTC stuff, but if everyone likes the COAS style menus I will get me a bigger magnifying glass.
Well, that's why I'm asking. For now, I haven't exactly seen much evidence of "everyone liking it".

Opening post updated with details on the first test version and the download link.

For now, the MAIN stuff I need to know is:
- What doesn't work properly that DOES work in Beta 3 WIP 12? Eg. what does this version BREAK?
- What is your opinion on the new stuff?
- Are there any truly major issues with the new stuff?

Basically I'll be wanting to get this to a point where at least the old stuff works as well as it does in Beta 3 WIP 12.
Then getting the new stuff working properly will be the next step. If that makes any sense. :doff

==========================================================================

Also, I am NOT including this new Store Interface, but out of interest, here is what it looks like:
View attachment 11449
For me, I'm just massively confused on the amount of numbers there, but I'd be interested to hear how other people like it.

==========================================================================

Here are a couple of images of the store interface in use - perhaps it will make it easier to see how it works. :cheers

PotC_KK_Store1.JPGPotC_KK_Store2.JPG

I got an instacrash with a compile error on two different installs. Same error both times.

Attachments

• error.log
    87 bytes · Views: 85
did you do sth with the CHARACTERS-folder? Because I'd have to copy my files for the dialogs then. Did you changed the code for files that affects me/my dialogs too?

Opening post updated with the correct file, this time containing ALL code files.

did you do sth with the CHARACTERS-folder? Because I'd have to copy my files for the dialogs then. Did you changed the code for files that affects me/my dialogs too?
As the new upload contains every single code file, it will overwrite any files you modified. The only files that will remain are the new ones you added.
So whatever you do, install this on a COPY of your regular game folder. It's.... not quite fit for proper playing just yet.

Error:
COMPILE ERROR - file: characters\characterUtilite.c; line: 3668
Invalid Expression
COMPILE ERROR - file: characters\characterUtilite.c; line: 3668
invalid syntax
Abnormal program determination - cannot start the game

Even with my second upload??? Looks like the WEIGHTMOD #define is missing then.
But that is included in the BuildSettings.h that IS in the file I posted. UH????

he gives me 29 lines of this error ^^ I looked into the buildsettings.h and indeed, there is the weightmod, it was set on false, i changed it to 1 but it didn't help

EDIT: Don't know if you mean that, but a #define weightmod appears nowhere in the buildsettings, only the boolean

EDIT: Don't know if you mean that, but a #define weightmod appears nowhere in the buildsettings, only the boolean
Sorry, that's what I meant.
Which storyline are you trying to start? I know I messed some up, such as Jack Sparrow and Standard, I think.

Just to be sure, do you have the function GetItemWeightByID in PROGRAM\ITEMS\items_utilite.c?

err.. okay first of all.. was it intended that the player can choose EVERY ship at the beginning? I mean, you can start with the Sovereign! :D
and 2nd standard is messed up: Malcolm Hatcher isn't there anymore, so you can only walk around in your cabin, and when you get on the shipdeck you can't get anywhere anymore :D a rather short game :D
Have to say that I chose DavyJones as Character and the Flying Dutchman as ship, don't know if that has any side-effects

err.. okay first of all.. was it intended that the player can choose EVERY ship at the beginning? I mean, you can start with the Sovereign! :D
[...]
Have to say that I chose DavyJones as Character and the Flying Dutchman as ship, don't know if that has any side-effects
Wha? I can only ever select tier 6-8 ships. How are you getting the larger ones to show up??? :shock

and 2nd standard is messed up: Malcolm Hatcher isn't there anymore, so you can only walk around in your cabin, and when you get on the shipdeck you can't get anywhere anymore :D a rather short game :D
As I said, I messed up the Standard storyline quest file. Extract attached to PROGRAM\Storyline\standard to fix.

Attachments

• quests.zip
    114.7 KB · Views: 86
well to start with the large ships select the ship type "warship" :p then you'll see :D With the type selection you can really get EVERY DA*N ship in the game :D
From SotL to Dauntless and even the Flying Dutchman and the Queen Anne's :D
Thanks for the quick quest-fix :)

EDIT: Huuh? Now I can't select the type anymore, so I can choose tier 6-8 only. But I swear that I was able to select the Flying Dutchman the first time!
Is something in the quest fix that affects the code for the ship-select?

Oo this version is really really messed upseadogs2_0279.jpg
There are no shop or tavern characters there anymore. The only trader is the one at the tailors shop, but if you talk to him the game freezes^^

Attachments

• seadogs2_0280.jpg
    seadogs2_0280.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 82
I have not gone ashore yet in B13. The tutorial ship deck is better than in B12 because it does not have water on it, but it does still have the crew.

B13 start.jpg

Back