• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Advanced Interface and Flags Code (and much more)

I have absolutely no idea what I did to convinve the game. I think I did this:
EDIT: deleted, I found out how to manage it :dance :
You select your character and select the first type so, that you can select a 2nd type, too.
3. I don't know if you have to select a character from the now shown filter, but if you go now to ship selection you can still change this 2nd type button :D I thought it would be more complicated to reproduce that :D
EDIT II: It seems that the game sometimes notices that you shouldn't select better than tier 6 ships, I couldn't select any higher classes then 6, even I had warships selected. BUT I typed in "First Class" and suddenly I could switch through all ships again. I noticed also, that all filters won't work anymore if you break it.

Is the tailor's shop maybe intended to open a new interface, similar to the character selection one? I could imagine that the game would have a problem with that.

Happens to me, when I go to the worldmap straight after game start. I started a new game afterwards and stayed for a day in the tavern, that fixed the problem.
That is on the missing year? Or were you talking about something else?

Turks looks pretty funny at the moment, by the way.
Uh? Anything in system.log on missing textures? You sure you installed correctly.

Oh, and the fort at Tortuga hates pirates again.
The "Pirate exception" code was rewritten and I have to double-check it to make sure it DOES work properly again.

Is the tailor's shop maybe intended to open a new interface, similar to the character selection one? I could imagine that the game would have a problem with that.
That would admittedly be cool, but there is no code for that. Just seems that the new initModels code breaks all sorts of things. :facepalm

started new game, behaved correctly until now.. well until one little bug: I entered my ship (spanish Man'o'War :p :D) and wanted to fast travel to open sea, and I saw 2 to the sea buttons^^ but they did the same and nothing bad happens if you select the "wrong" ^^

That is on the missing year? Or were you talking about something else?
I really should quote more often. *cough* Yes, I mean the missing year.

Uh? Anything in system.log on missing textures? You sure you installed correctly.
Hmm, I think so, but... maybe I should install it again and see what happens. Not now though, busy with WIP 12.

Attachments

• system.log
    9.5 KB · Views: 100
started new game, behaved correctly until now.. well until one little bug: I entered my ship (spanish Man'o'War :p :D) and wanted to fast travel to open sea, and I saw 2 to the sea buttons^^ but they did the same and nothing bad happens if you select the "wrong" ^^
Indeed I saw that too. Probably related to Pirate_KK's code changes for the "Visit Deck" stuff. Maybe I should try to exclude that again. It worked fine before in WIP 12.

Hmm, I think so, but... maybe I should install it again and see what happens.
There are no Turks missing textures in there. :shock

Apparently SOME times the year is set to "0". Talisman reported that in Pirate_KK's unmodified files too.
However, when I actually TRY to replicate that, it works normally. Can anybody figure out when that does or does not happen? I'm confused. o_O
Happens to me, when I go to the worldmap straight after game start. I started a new game afterwards and stayed for a day in the tavern, that fixed the problem.
You're absolutely right on that! Seems that if you go to the Worldmap on the FIRST day, the game loses the starting date.
But NOT if you wait in the tavern. Very interesting. :shock

Haven't managed to do much today, but I did do some updating on the F2>Character Interface. Now the Title is no longer the same as the Officer Type down below.
Instead, the title indicates the "category" of character: Captain/Officer/Companion/Trader/Passenger/Prisoner, while the officer type remains just that.
Hopefully that'll make it easier to understand "who is who".

Also, if a character has a rank title (Midshipman, Admiral, etc.) this will over-ride the title. After all, the title is no longer included in the character name display.
Note that this also works for NON-player characters, which is being put to good use now in the Hornblower storyline.
This means the player will not be shown as "Midshipman" and "Captain" on the same interface.
And any companions and officers are shown by their proper rank. So you get several Midshipmen and Post Captains and the like.

BTW: I am changing the rank name from "Captain" into "Post Captain" too.
This is to distinguish more clearly between "captain = person commanding a ship" and the actual navy rank.
After all, a Midshipman could be a Captain when temporarily being given command of a captured Sloop, but he'd be FAR from Post Captain rank.

And another slight update, this time on the Sailstate Delay:
The delay will now ONLY be active in Realistic Game Mode and Iron Man Mode.
Additionally, you won't get crazy amounts of sounds playing at the same time if you go button-mashing.

Basically, you can't do anything, not even issue an order, while you are waiting for the crew to execute your last order.
Seems fair enough, no?

And I managed to swap out the period-incorrect Ship Design Nation Flags with corrected Crests.
While I was at it, I managed to fix the display of your own player ship nationality in the Shipyard Interface. That worked sometimes, but not always. :confused:
So anyway, that's less wrong displaying flags to concern ourselves with and means we can REALLY retire the old nations.tga.tx file.

Just a thought. At the start of the Seahawk storyline when you first set sail the personal flag used looks like an English flag and can be confusing.

Like I set sail and there were the usual French ships and also some Pirate ships. So here I am with the fort blasting away and lots of ships blasting away all over the harbor and my ship is getting hit. I look at my flag and WHAA??? Why am I flying an English flag in front of all those French ships? :8q

I restarted three times before I figured it out. :facepalm

Uh? The personal flag was some sort of thing with a cross. Doesn't look so English?
Also, didn't I recently change that code so you ALWAYS start out flying your personal colours even if you select English nationality?
The fort shouldn't fire on you at game start, unless you hoist a different flag.

But once you see the French invasion video, I've got your nation being set to England, because you usually ARE English.
Is that what is messing you up then? I still have to tweak that code a bit further. Needs to take your original nationality into account, I think.

That flag looks VERY English to me and can and has caused confusion.

This all happens long before one gets to that video.

As per WIP 13, you get the original "Hawk" personal flag again. We had to do away with that one originally when we moved the Standard storyline one period up.
Because that was the same period as the Jack Sparrow storyline, there wasn't much choice for non-PotC flags to use.

Can somebody please do the following with WIP 13?
1.Make sure you have ENABLE_CHEATMODE on
2. Start a new game for Bartolomeu
3. When given the choice, skip straight to Cartagena
4. Go to sea straight away
5. Let me know WHERE your ship is generated: IN the port or further out to sea?

At the moment, I am being reloaded further out to sea in my KK code base, but NOT in my WIP 12 install. And I've got NO clue why there is any difference.
So I'd like to confirm if this is due to any recent changes of mine or if it is something inherent of the KK code base. :modding

Must be something I did then. Now I've got to figure that one out. :facepalm

- Game loses the date if you go to the Worldmap on the FIRST day (but NOT if you wait a day in the Tavern)
I think I managed to fix this. Was due to some missing code.
At the moment I'm compiling all my recent changed files on this and will upload as soon as I've got it.

New Update
This one should make the game much more playable, though there's still a fair amount of work left to do.
Latest changes:
Code:
Build 14 Beta 3 WIP 14:
- Code Updates:
  . Different Flags code completely rewritten by Pirate_KK
    > Changing flag DURING the game through your crew DISABLED as it doesn't work with the new system
      [WIP: Add this functionality in the Nation Relations Interface]
  . Delay of 3 seconds (plus/minus morale changes) before your sail commands are executed by Pirate_KK
    > On Realistic and Iron Man Mode only by Pieter Boelen
- Bug Fixes:
  . Worldmap restored to proper working order by Pieter Boelen
    > Date resetting when going to worldmap on the first day fixed
  . Jack Sparrow and Sea Hawk storylines start properly again by Pieter Boelen
  . Personal Nation starting relations restored by Pieter Boelen
  . Temporary Simple Solution for display of pirate flag on shore structures while ashore by Pieter Boelen
    > For display of pirate flag while ashore, use fixed fort flag file instead [WIP: Proper fix to be made]
  . Level Up cheats work properly if Auto Skill System is OFF too by Pieter Boelen
  . Captain Harvey missing initModels entry added by Pieter Boelen
  . "HMS" prefix used only in the Golden Age of Piracy and more recent RESTORED by Pieter Boelen
- Code Updates:
  . Periods System by Pirate_KK
    > Updated and adjusted by Pieter Boelen
      Includes "Tortuga friendly to pirates"
  . Models System by Pirate_KK
    > Reinitialization of this disabled to prevent error messages by Pieter Boelen [WIP: Proper fix to be made]
  . Island and Town Generating System by Pirate_KK
    > Town re-initialization when adjusting Game Preferences fixed to prevent CTD by Pirate_KK
  . Save/Load Code by Pirate_KK
  . Item availability code further modified by Pieter Boelen
    > Books are sold and cannot be found; skill modifiers hidden for low-level books, prices increased
    > "Item Realism" code simplified so only one table is required
      Skill modifiers for Jewelry, Indian Artefacts and Minerals hidden on Realistic Game Mode
  . Citizen dialogs added by Pillat
    WORKING: GrandTurks and SantoDomingo
    [WIP: Havana, Marigot, Philipsburg, PoPrince and Santiago still to be tested]
- Interface Updates:
  . Map Interface right-click functionality restored, fixed and updated for new Worldmap by Pieter Boelen
  . Character Interface title and officer type use simplified by Pieter Boelen as per an idea by Pirate_KK
- Texture, Model and Sound Updates:
  . Island interface pictures redone by Cassadar
  . All crest textures, including various pirate and personal flags, redone and updated by Pieter Boelen
  . NEW crests textures used properly in Ship, Shipyard, Questbook and Colonies Interface by Pieter Boelen
    Old crests.tga.tx and nations.tga.tx files are no longer used
- Storyline Updates:
  . All pre-defined flag uses adjusted for the new system by Pieter Boelen
  . Woodes Rogers Storyline:
    > Various fixes by Jack Rackham
    > Flags set up for new system by Jack Rackham and Pieter Boelen [WIP: To be checked]
As usual, comments appreciated. :doff

Back