• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Age of Pirates II ... only for the original version ... from de Zee Roovers « german Team »

Cool :rofl

You are heroes ..:yes

I'm talking about the scripts ... in the folders program and ini

that is not right, something is missing ... .tx (Examples)

Code:
  Playlogic\Age of Pirates 2\RESOURCE\INI\dialog.ini(23):;texture        = dialog\interface.tga
Playlogic\Age of Pirates 2\RESOURCE\INI\dialog.ini(24):texture        = dialog\dialog.tga
Playlogic\Age of Pirates 2\RESOURCE\INI\fonts.ini(4):Texture        = fonts\pc_keyboard.tga
Playlogic\Age of Pirates 2\RESOURCE\INI\fonts.ini(92):Texture        = fonts\xbox_buttons.tga
Playlogic\Age of Pirates 2\RESOURCE\INI\fonts.ini(140):Texture        = fonts\interface normal font.tga
Playlogic\Age of Pirates 2\RESOURCE\INI\fonts.ini(312):Texture                = fonts\interface normal font.tga
Playlogic\Age of Pirates 2\RESOURCE\INI\fonts.ini(484):Texture        = fonts\interface normal font.tga
Playlogic\Age of Pirates 2\RESOURCE\INI\fonts.ini(656):Texture        = fonts\interface bold numbers.tga
Playlogic\Age of Pirates 2\RESOURCE\INI\fonts.ini(687):Texture                = fonts\interface button.tga
Playlogic\Age of Pirates 2\RESOURCE\INI\fonts.ini(855):Texture        = fonts\interface normal font.tga
Playlogic\Age of Pirates 2\RESOURCE\INI\fonts.ini(1027):Texture                = fonts\interface button.tga
Playlogic\Age of Pirates 2\RESOURCE\INI\fonts.ini(1199):Texture                = fonts\interface normal font.tga
Playlogic\Age of Pirates 2\RESOURCE\INI\fonts.ini(1371):Texture        = fonts\interface normal font.tga
Playlogic\Age of Pirates 2\RESOURCE\INI\fonts.ini(1543):Texture                = fonts\interface button.tga
Playlogic\Age of Pirates 2\RESOURCE\INI\fonts.ini(1715):Texture                = fonts\interface button.tga

and so it is right

Code:
  E:\Age of Pirates 2\RESOURCE\INI\dialog.ini(23):;texture        = dialog\interface.tga.tx
  E:\Age of Pirates 2\RESOURCE\INI\dialog.ini(24):texture        = dialog\dialog.tga.tx
  E:\Age of Pirates 2\RESOURCE\INI\fonts.ini(4):Texture        = fonts\pc_keyboard.tga.tx
  E:\Age of Pirates 2\RESOURCE\INI\fonts.ini(92):Texture        = fonts\xbox_buttons.tga.tx
  E:\Age of Pirates 2\RESOURCE\INI\fonts.ini(140):Texture        = fonts\interface normal font.tga.tx
  E:\Age of Pirates 2\RESOURCE\INI\fonts.ini(312):Texture                = fonts\interface normal font.tga.tx
  E:\Age of Pirates 2\RESOURCE\INI\fonts.ini(484):Texture        = fonts\interface normal font.tga.tx
  E:\Age of Pirates 2\RESOURCE\INI\fonts.ini(656):Texture        = fonts\interface bold numbers.tga.tx
  E:\Age of Pirates 2\RESOURCE\INI\fonts.ini(687):Texture                = fonts\interface button.tga.tx
  E:\Age of Pirates 2\RESOURCE\INI\fonts.ini(855):Texture        = fonts\interface normal font.tga.tx
  E:\Age of Pirates 2\RESOURCE\INI\fonts.ini(1027):Texture                = fonts\interface button.tga.tx
  E:\Age of Pirates 2\RESOURCE\INI\fonts.ini(1199):Texture                = fonts\interface normal font.tga.tx
  E:\Age of Pirates 2\RESOURCE\INI\fonts.ini(1371):Texture        = fonts\interface normal font.tga.tx
  E:\Age of Pirates 2\RESOURCE\INI\fonts.ini(1543):Texture                = fonts\interface button.tga.tx
  E:\Age of Pirates 2\RESOURCE\INI\fonts.ini(1715):Texture                = fonts\interface button.tga.tx

How to find the game a .tga file, if it a .tga.tx file.
I am not surprised, when they have graphic problems.

You can have a list. :rofl

This tells Visual Studio.
Matching lines: 11366 Matching data: 364 Overall searched files: 7603 :cheeky

@Pieter Boelen
and POTC ...what about it

If anyone has any questions ... if I can I will answer them.

Last edited:
I'm doing the find and replace with Notepad++

Only the Program folder and RESOURCE/INI folder? Nothing else?

Dangerous and taking too long.
I look then drop by in a month. Are only about 10000 Changes. :wp

I'm doing the find and replace with Notepad++
That's good. Open all files you want to edit, then use the "search and replace in all open files" option.
Just to be certain, make a copy of your folder before you do that, then WinMerge it later double-check that it worked correctly.

@Pieter Boelen
and POTC ...what about it
I thought you meant that any ".tga" files in the "RESOURCE\Textures" folder should be converted to ".tx".
I just double checked this on PotC and that is already done.

But you are actually referring to replacing this:
Code:
[KEYBOARD_SYMBOL]
Texture     = fonts\pc_keyboard.tga
With this:
Code:
[KEYBOARD_SYMBOL]
Texture     = fonts\pc_keyboard.tga.tx
Right?

EDIT: Doing that on PotC is NOT a good idea! I tried it on the "fonts_euro.ini" file and that broke all the fonts in the main menu. :unsure

Correct Pieter.
If it does not work, ... To be considered ... in original it was. PoTC
I've already written in the Forum, the POTC stable running under 8.1. These changes were there.
We have our last Mod discarded. For the same reason.

The new german test version of COAST has it so.
It runs absolutely stable, really good graphics and has Full HD resolution .

Last edited:
I've fucked up everything, the game won't run :D fortunately, I made a backup of the folders...

I don't get it, I think Notepad++ replaced some names that also had tga, for instance I saw someting tGalleon... and I think that was replaced to tga.txlleon... :/

I told you, that's dangerous.
You need to set it manually.
Take Visual Studio Express.
Since you can display all the paths.

I can also give the paths to them. Nevertheless, they are bals come to the same result.

Setting it manually will kill me literally :D

Edit: Got it with two moves! :p

Pieter's way is the best way. First I indexed the Program and INI folders in Windows search, then I searched for .tga files in both folders. I first did the INI folder. I opened all the files that were found containing .tga scripts, then I opened all of them at once in Notepad++, then I looked for .tga lines with find. I replaced the .tga with .tga.tx. Then I looked for .tga.tx.tx files just to be sure. I did the same way for Program folder, and now all are replaced, and the game runs perfectly :cheers

What's next to edit :D

Last edited:
so what ... I'm still alive ... :cheeky

The list ...
The red in color have to remain as a .tga file. This does not change.
The blue is from POTC and will be deleted later. This does not change.
You can see, that some files are correct as .tga.tx the original game.

Check all manually. I would be careful.

Test the game now and see if there are errors.
Standard with us 20 hours of play time. Pay attention to everything.

Ok, I will report if I encounter any errors. So, the system.log shouldn't be reporting any errors now?

I need to take a break. So you continue in 3 to 4 days.
The new source code to be checked and the new Caribbean map.

After 20 hours of gameplay, I guess I can say that everything is working perfectly...

Can't wait for the next content...

They have the used in the original game?
No crashes?
What is with bucking?

Yes, I used it with original game.
The only thing that sometimes occurs is random crash to desktop, but it happens very rarely and I think it's because of Windows 7 64 bit?

I don't know what is bucking...

Back