• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

American Flag Complaint

After some discussion in this thread it was decided that a new flag was not needed.

What happened was I asked Armada to replace the Serspis flag (in the 1777 storyline) with the Betsy Ross flag to be historically accurate. The 1793 storyline US flag was left as is.

It's not so much 'new' as it is 'copied', technically. I just replaced the old flag with the same one used by the US forts in the same period.
I'll get a screenshot for you soon.

@ Pieter, did I not give you the modified flag texture? :?

Hmm... maybe you did. I just had a look at my files and now both the period 5 fort and navy ships get the circle type USA flag and in period 6 fort and navy ships get the... ehm... non-circular one. If ye get me meaning.

Good, that sounds like I did. I just checked anyway, and it turns out the texture was part of the initial ENS test version. :yes

Indeed it was. I remember you including it in your first list.
keith.gif

That explains where I got the file from; didn't even notice until now. :facepalm

Technically, the Betsy Ross flag was retired in June 1777 for a DIFFERENT 13 star flag (in the standard rows instead of a circle). But I think I've given Armada enough grief about the flag.
Haha
slap.gif

Besides, the Betsy Ross flag looks cool and is so iconic.
me.gif

I like the one with the stars in a circle; looks nice a different and therefore more "historical" to my unknowing eyes. :wp

I like it too. The circle of 13 stars on the Betsy Ross flag were designed to represent equality between the 13 original states. But for some reason, 11 months later, Congress adopted the "rows of stars" design. It certainly works better that way nowadays. I don't think they'd be able to fit 50 stars in a circle very well. haha
danse1.gif

I like it too. The circle of 13 stars on the Betsy Ross flag were designed to represent equality between the 13 original states. But for some reason, 11 months later, Congress adopted the "rows of stars" design. It certainly works better that way nowadays. I don't think they'd be able to fit 50 stars in a circle very well. haha
danse1.gif
Yeah might be a bit of a struggle hey :rofl

Well then.....

Swab the deck! :whipa Clean the mess! :whipa Aww, the hell with it. Throw out a hook and do some fishing. :drunk

Back