• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

An unique ship very special

Update to this thread: With the release of the new storyline on Beta 3.3, Brave Black Flag, i have noticed something unusual: The glitch x2 of maneuverability that I first post on this thread is happening again to the "Defiance", the Naval Light Brig that you have as the stock ship on the campaign. Pirate flag was selected at the start. If you are asking how much maneuverability does it have the Defiance... I can tell you that you can do 360 degrees of turn in 3 seconds... Yes, it is 120 degrees.

The strange thing also is that the speed doesn't get the extra bonus of speed as being a "pirate design ship"... it should have around 15 or 16 knots... But the speed is 12 knots.

If she really turns on a dime like crazy, I suspect some weirdness due to starting the storyline on Realistic Game Mode, then swapping to Arcade later.
While all other ships get updated, the ships already generated before the swap retain their realistic values.
So that means much higher turn-rates and inertia values, making them behave absolutely insane.

How crazy IS the handling? What happens if you execute this through console?
Code:
GiveShip2Character(pchar,pchar.ship.type,pchar.ship.name,-1,PIRATE,true,true);
That will re-give your own ship to yourself and should reset her to correct ships_init.c values.
If she really does handle like crazy due to realism mode mismatch, that should set things back to normal.

Well, I was quite curious to find if that DOES actually fix it. That would at least prove where the effect comes from.

I may have to add an automated re-give-player-ship line to the realism mode swap code then, just to prevent this in the future.
It isn't exactly intentional....

Back