• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

An unique ship very special

Ok, news about unique ships...

It has appeared another special ship. It is the Monarch, an Essex Class Frigate that appears only in the english fleet that attacks Bridgetown when it's ours. It turns at 75 points of manueverability. When it is possible, i will upload a screenshot with its stats.

Also the 2nd rate warship on that fleet (the stock POTC warship with 70 cannons) appears with 50 points of turn rate. I wonder how it will be the ships on cozumel... xD

And yep, the ships on cozumel have doubled their maneuverability. This includes the 1st ship of the line, the corsair frigate, the fast war galleon, and the heavy brig.

So how come they "magically" become so strong? They're just quest characters with regular ships. Should be nothing special there. :shock

Who knows... what i discovered, Pieter, is that the "unusual maneuverability" of the ships only applies to the standard storyline. In other storylines (For example, de la Croix or Devlin Opera storyline), no special ships are there.

Very odd; they DO have some story ships on occasion. o_O

Actually, one thing that springs to mind: If you start the game on Arcade Game Mode,
then switch to Realistic Game Mode afterwards, the ships may still be initialized with some Arcade values.
Maybe.... Perhaps?

I only have played the game on Arcade Mode sir, so i don't know if the "unusual maeuverability" does affect in realistic game mode too. :shrug

But anyway, perhaps it can be true what you say.

If you're already on Arcade Game Mode, then my suggestion doesn't make sense. :no

Arcade mode is ..........different. I can remember going 24 knots in a Lugger.
Well, that explains my crazy speed with the wicked wench in my post on the other thread. (That was on arcade mode btw, I forgot to mention it there)

Yep, i had sometimes a speed of 30 knots with a gaff schooner, that's insane! o_O

And with a pirate schooner from the revolutions period, i could get easily 40 knots!! xD

Last edited:
Recent news: With the release of Beta 3.2, the glitch of x2 maneuverability in some ships seems to have disappeared. I recently captured the pirate corvette on Martinique on TSH, and... no crazy maneuverability this time. So... goodbye unique ships :(

It's strange... i'm sure that the corvette ship has changed its maneuverability to the standard one, not the double... Don't know, but i have to check the patrol french ships of Speighstown and see what happened to them.

Perhaps.... If you started the game on Arcade Game Mode, then switched to Realistic,
possibly some ships for quest characters could have remained initialized with the old stats.

I got the ship in a shipyard don't know if it's a glich but I got one in a pirate town I think the island was Nevis

Back