• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

An unique ship very special

HellSailor

Privateer
Storm Modder
Well, first of all, this ship can't be found right at the start of Tales of a Sea Hawk if you are even using cheats. (refering of which ship are you going to choose before starting a new game). The ship i'm talking is... The Fast Death.

This ship can be found when you accept the side quest of sinking the french corvette menacing the waters of Martinique. It also appears this side quest on the stock POTC, but here on this mod, it's special.

This ship is an Aurora class frigate. Before you want to say something, i say this ship is unique because it has an unique quality: its maneurability. It turns around 80 "points" of degree, making it the fastest ship of maneurability in the mod. It is supossed to be an spanish design, but i look the spanish designs of this type of ship, and there's no one like him. Maybe it lacks a bit of speed, but his cargo it's nice, around 1650 of cargo.

That's why for now, i love this ship. I went to the shipyard and changed the model of the normal Aurora class frigate to an Aurora Corsair class frigate (not the one with supossed cursed crew...), and rename it with Maneuver.

Here's a photo of my ship:

Maneuver.jpg

In this post i would like that you put which ships do you lke most and his names. If you can also upload a photo of it, it will be better :)

Sorry, i have to update something i haven't seen until now....

The Fast Death isn't the only one which can turn very fast.... the french ships protecting speighstown while this city was captured by the french are also very fast turning. I think they turn double the normal degrees than their similar ships.

Eh? A coder would know about that. What I know is that they are VERY fast and no matter what ship I have they can catch me.

I like the Postillionen a lot as it is fast, maneuverable, and can hold a decent amount of cargo. I also like the Neptunus a lot once I learned how to paint her.
ENGINE 2013-11-01 10-39-17-72.jpg

Which type ships are the "Postillionen" and "Neptunus"? I only know ships from their type class.

Methinks the Postillionen is classed as a 6th rate frigate. You will know her by her large cargo capacity and 20 guns.

The Neptunus is officially a Sloop of War. She carries 16 guns.

The Fast Death isn't the only one which can turn very fast.... the french ships protecting speighstown while this city was captured by the french are also very fast turning. I think they turn double the normal degrees than their similar ships.
I'm pretty sure they're all normal. Perhaps they've got some high-level captains. Can't remember now....

Maybe should I upload a photo of it to prove?

And no, captains were normal, nothing very special... it is on the ship, not on the captain.

Captain with good skills would make the ship more manoeuvrable.

But indeed I just checked their skills and while they're pretty good, they're not insanely so.

The French fleet is there early in the game when the players skills are still pretty low. This could make them seem faster than they are.

No, it's 100% sure that is on the ships, not on the captains. The captains have low-skill, and i take a look in a shipyard of the specs of those ships. They all are equal into having amazing manueravility. Unfortunately i haven't got any screenshots to upload here right now of it; maybe in the next days i will upload a photo of it.

By the way, those 80 degrees i mentioned in the first post was when the ship wasn't fully upgraded; now i have got all eight possible upgrades on the ship, which give now to 87 degrees of maneuravility.

I can have a ship with low maneuverability but if I have very high skills, I can maneuver the ship like it has high maneuverability.
We are telling you, and its not about the ship you are talking about, that if you have high stats/skills, your ship's stats will be affected as well.

And in your defense, there are ships that do not need or require high character skills
in order for that ship to be easily be maneuvered and do not need to be upgraded for her to be fast and strong.

When i started a new game i realised that the stats of these unique ships restarts, and change a lot. Now i had the fast death with pirate deesign but it lacked a lot on other camps. The Aurora class frigate from the french fleet protectig speightstown had better qualities, so i took it instead of the Fast Death.

I will bring a screenshot of this things as soon as i can.

PD: The maneuravility remains excellent on these ships.

Ship stats are always slightly randomized, except for VERY specific quest ships.

That stats are for very specific ships, as i mentioned.

Ok, here's is the stats of my ship. It is not the stats of the ship right up at the start of the post; It isn't the Fast Death, but the Semillante, the aurora class frigate french defending speighstown. I took this ship instead of the Fast Death because it was more better (I started a new game). Please take note that it has almost all upgrades, and the maneuravility.

Maniobravilidad.jpg

Ayup! She has all the perks except the razee. No wonder it always catches my 11 knot ships.

Oh.... And pretty much EVERY ship generated will randomly get some of those ship upgrades. So that might play into things too.

Ey, recent news... there are more fast maneuver ships... :p

These new ships are a royal man o' war and a heavy east indiaman, ships that only appear when you take the ravernau's ship and escape to jamaica from speighstown (tobias main quest). These ships have double the maneuverability of their own ships.

Here are the stats of the royal man o' war:

Man of war and Heavy East Indiaman.jpg

Those are the French squadron ships. The Soleil Royal has a default turn rate of 45, and yours has been razeed and has stay sails. Nothing unusual there.

Really? If that is the case, sorry, i hadn't got before a ship like that... anyway, it turns too fast for a tier I and superwarship, not? IF it's supossed to be standard as i metioned how i got it. Perhaps it should take a look when it's possible?

Believe it or not those huge ships were actually quite fast, and while it took some time to get them turning once they got going they turned well.

I'm probably off a bit here, but I remember from somewhere that it took 4 men 8-10 seconds to spin the wheel from straight ahead to full lock. Then it took more men to hold it there.

Back