• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help AOP 2 Internal Driver Error

MatthewThePirate

EccentricMatthew
So guys, wondering if you could help with this, I played AOP2 for a while now on my PC but I had a break fir a while, though all of a sudden when I want to play, I have this error come up when I try to start the game.

I have no other messages, I just get to generic, windows is finding a solution and then says, found none.

I already installed the drivers needed to play, and I even uninstalled and re-installed them. I run the game as Admin and have tried running in compatibility modes.

Any ideas?

erroryj.jpg

It was working then you let it sit for some time and now it does not work? Sometimes this happens. Try a defrag.

So between the game working and the game not working, literally nothing changed to your computer?
In that case, indeed I'd take Hylie's suggestion and remove the "options" file; that sometimes gets corrupted.
You could also remove any savegames and see if that does any good.

tried it, none of those worked either, one strange thing about my PC though is that I keep getting visual memory errors, even when I sorted all that that to fix it, I get it sometimes even browsing the internet and I have to restart my computer, however, I can play games fine.

Do you mean "virtual memory"? That could signify a hard drive that is getting errors. Google for "Crystal Disk Info". That is a free utility that checks the health of your hard drive.

Where do you have your game living. Is it in one of the partitions (X86)program files...etc.

OR have you plopped your game folder onto your desktop like we recommend?

If you are having VA issues, I am guessing that you are using an NVIDIA card and that you tweaked your computer to play a high end game recently. I recommend going to your card options and changing the profile back to whatever it was before you started playing that game. Am I right?

Posting your system specs when you ask as question like this is always helpful before we start speculating all kinds of stuff that may not even be relevant.

I could be totally wrong.

MK

Yeah its in (x86), I have no problems with it at all until now.

My specs are:

Processor: AMD FX - 4100 Quad Core Processor, 3.60 GHZ
RAM: 8GB
System: Windows 7 64 Bit, Home Premium

and no I haven't tweaked it at all, its the same as its always been.

oh and lol, it was "virtual memory" after all, my eyes are terrible when reading at night lol.

anyway downloaded that program, these are the results:

resultsg.jpg

did you try re-installing game? i had this problem before after i was running on a Removable HD, and it got corrupted. had to do this.

It's always a good idea to put a copy of your working stock game folder on an external HD in case you need to reinstall.
Just speeds things up. :onya

If you have HD space left, you can do it on your internal one too.

Yeah I suppose so, never thought of that lol, I have a TB HD so yeah, still any ideas about these virtual memory problems I get/ I randomly get messages that it needs to shut down programs since it doe not have enough virtual memory. even though I set up the min and max which "should" fix that

Yeah I suppose so, never thought of that lol, I have a TB HD so yeah, still any ideas about these virtual memory problems I get/ I randomly get messages that it needs to shut down programs since it doe not have enough virtual memory. even though I set up the min and max which "should" fix that

start menu, right click on computer.then property then advanced system settings, in performance go to settings, then adjust for best performance, then go into advanced tab, click on change under virtual memory. uptick first box. (automatically manage.)
click on the custom size button, and enter a number, i currently have 50,000 min and max. depending on how much memory you want to use. i think this might help, For Win7 users,

Back