• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Artois Voysey Quest Loop

He guys,

I think something is wrong with Artois Voysey but I'm not sure it is really a bug or something so I'll ask here first.

I have completed his quest and do free play now and use him as officer/passenger but when I've talk to him the quest starts again??? This is really strange because I've already completed it and when I do the quest again it will be stuck when the three man want to kill Artois in the jungle of Sao Jorge. They won't re-apprear because I've killed them already the first time I did the quest.

If I choose to 'not hire him' he will remain as passenger but walk away from me and if I hit him he will attack me and then I must kill him.

I really have no idea how this can happen. I've never talked to Artois Voysey by myself only if I must for the quest but it's really strange the quest starts again if I talk to him now. There are no quest book updates this time but the quest still contunes until I reach that point in Sao Jorge.

Can you guys take a look of this because it's something really annoying, and stranger is that this won't happend the first time I played the game...

Could someone confirm this happens?
Could you provide the .log files after you spoke with him and the quest started again?
And could you provide a savegame.

Moved this to the bugtracker.

This is the savegame.

If you put Artois on as your officer and talk to him you'll see by yourself.

NOTE: Maybe Artois is renamed in this save as Rodrigo Eros or Rodrigo Estevez, one of them is Artois but the quest also starts again before I change his character

Attachments

• Voysey.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 204
Artois Voisey has always been like this. The work around has been to only allow him on shore for his quest at Grenada and then keep him aboard ship after that. I make him a Captain.

Ok, probally has something todo with the start parameters of the quest. Will look into it soon.

Thanks,

The same thing is happening to Edgar Attwood when you reach Bridgetown or Port Royale Port. The quest starts again, you can complete the Bridgetown one but at the Port Royale one it will stuck. I couldn't talk to Greenfield anymore.

I don't know if that problem is in the Nigel Blythe quest as well because that's also a quest where someone leaves your ship at a certain port but it would not surprise me if this problem is there too if you go to that port again with Nigel as officer....

Greetz,

VanessaHudgensFan

After you rescue Attwood in Jamaica he turns into a Super Officer. At that point I make him a captain and he never sets foot on land again.

Hi all.
Been away a long while - using Build 14 B3 full 16 Nov 2013

There are a few issues with this quest:
When you reach Sao Jorge Artois enters town - he actually remains in the port - this was due to a change by KK on line 12462 of the quest_reaction,c which was commented out to allow Artois to walk away from the player. It is nice to see him walk away but sometimes if you have other officers he stays put. It would be good to have him, removed after a short walk - so maybe have him run to the locator by the main town gate and then use the a time delay before removing him from the area is better.

A couple of issues if you reach Sao Jorge at night:
1. if you go to the barkeep and ask to stay overnight - you transport to the room and can exit back to the tavern OK.
2. if you ask the barmaid to sample her charms (to stay overnight) you end up stuck in the room.
3. if you talk to the barkeep and go to the room looking for Artois all is OK until transported to the Governor's residence - no Governor and you are stuck.

The time for paying the church is 1 month - this should be 3 months in line with the Assassin quests to enable you to get to Port Royal before the quest turns "bad".

I have had issues with Artois not talking after the rescue from the three pirates - he should be still an officer. Will look at this in a bit more detail tonight.

I have had issues with Artois not talking after the rescue from the three pirates - he should be still an officer. Will look at this in a bit more detail tonight.

Just play the quest BUT don't talk to him unless he talks to you for the quest. So after you hiring him don't talk to him anymore and just play the quest as always. When you finished the quest again talk to him and you'll see the quest starts again but you can complete them because the three men outside Sao Jorge will not apprear

Greetz,

VanessaHudgensFan

:ahoy

2. Does the barmaid talk to you in the room? She should talk and then run out, and then you can leave.

3. The Governor keeps regular working hours like most people, so it does no good to go to his office when he is snoring in bed.

Just don't do this quest in the night haha :D.

For my experience it's always better to complete quests when it's day and not night ;)

Greetz,

VHF

I think this should solve this problem but unfortately I haven't the time to check it right now.

Just paste file below in: PROGRAM\Storyline\ Standard\ Quests

I'm glad if someone could confirm it works ;)

Attachments

• Artois Fix.zip
    89.9 KB · Views: 172
No this wont solve it I think.
I'm not enterily sure but I think he should have some other dialog options also.

Last edited:
I DOES solve the problem Levis. I have check it myself just a moment ago and I did work. If I talk to Artois after finish the quest the quest won't start again and that was the problem here wasn't it?

I've uploaded a file so you can see yourself.

Think this bug is fixed for now by me hehehe :p

Attachments

• Artois Fix test.zip
    610.8 KB · Views: 185
What I mean is doesn't Artois normally have some other dialog things after the quest is done? Or does he behave like a normal officer then?
I remember at least in the main quest he was also in some other quest later right? If you had him the quest could turn out differently, or am I mistaken?

I don't remember that, I'm afraid. There was just his sidequests as far as I know.
A lot of the sidequest officers maintain their own (useless) dialog once the quest is over,
though ideally they should be set to use the regular tavern-hired officer dialog afterwards.

Ok if that's the case then this is fixed indeed.

Yup I have change some lines in the code here. Artois has a regular officer hired dialog but that was what caused the problem here so I've changed it to his own dialog again from the stock game and the problem is fixed.

My first fixed bug without any help how to fix it hehehe :razz

This is an ongoing problem. Every time he is one of my shore officers when I go to Sao Jorge he takes off from the dock and gets kidnapped.
The first time this happens all works as it is supposed to, but the next time this happens the story works up to the point where you go outside and find him laying on the ground. There are no pirates to confront and ARtois is truly dead this time.

The workaround has been to not take him ashore there but I keep forgetting.

Back