• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Artois Voysey Quest Loop

Do you have a savegame? Probably just an attribute needs to be removed.
You did complete the Sidequest, right?

He leaves and get kidnapped. That is the way it is supposed to be. That is the start of his side quest.

Yes I did complete his side quest except for going into that cave.

No I do not have a save game but can get one in a half hour or so.

My how time flies when you are having fun.

Attachments

• -=Player1=- La Grenade.7z
    570.6 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
I remembered it existed. Search for "Artois Voysey" in the title only and found it quite quickly.

I just had a look at your save, but unfortunately this one is apparently from after Artois ran off again.
Do you have a save just before? I can't prevent the bug from occurring if it already happened. :facepalm

This is also quite weird. Looks like Levis tried to fix it but so did Nathan Kell many, many years back.
How many times is this bug going to resurface? :shock

So could anyone test this sidequest and post a savegame?

I just completed this quest for the first time and hopefully will remember to save before going ashore at Sao Jorge again. My normal solution is to play it one time and when it is completed artois Voisey is a ships officer and never sets foot on land again.

I just completed this quest for the first time and hopefully will remember to save before going ashore at Sao Jorge again.
You might then even save right now. The person who then loads the save can go straight to Sao Jorge for testing. :doff

Ok then. Here is a save from Martinique with a trade mission to Sao Jorge. Artois Voisey runs off as he is supposed to and it all works well. After that...............

Attachments

• -=Player=- Martinique. Saint Pierre port. July 15th, 1551.7z
    540.2 KB · Views: 133
Can you refresh my memory, what is going wrong again and how should it happen?

When you first get to Sao Jorge, Artois Voysey runs off, starting his sidequest. After that sidequest is completed and you get to Sao Jorge again, he RUNS OFF AGAIN!
The sidequest doesn't actually work properly anymore the second time around.

This is quite weird because there IS code in place to prevent just that. Apparently it doesn't quite work though.

If I remember correctly, now he will not run off unless you accidentally talk to him. That resets the whole quest and then he does run off and dies this time.

Talk to him at any point after the completion of the storyline?
Ideally he should be set to "Enc_Officer_dialog.c" afterwards so he'll function like a normal officer.
That isn't the case now, is it? With a different dialog, there is no reason to start any quests whatsoever.

Indeed Artois did get set again to "case First Time" in his own dialog, which is the part where you can hire him.
That doesn't belong AFTER the story has completed, of course!

PROGRAM\DIALOGS\Artois Voysey_dialog.c:
Code:
    case "final_talk_2":
       dialog.snd = "Voice\ARVO\ARVO014";
       dialog.text = DLG_TEXT[29];
       link.l1 = DLG_TEXT[30];
       link.l1.go = "exit";
       pchar.quest.artois_line = "completed";
       NPChar.Dialog.Filename = "Enc_Officer_dialog.c"; // PB
       Diag.TempNode = "Hired"; // PB
     break;
I think those two extra lines at the end should do the trick. Artois gets regular officer dialog after he has nothing quest-worthy to say anymore.

Executing these lines through console will fix this on your savegame:
Code:
  characters[GetCharacterIndex("Artois Voysey")].Dialog.Filename = "Enc_Officer_dialog.c"; // KK
   characters[GetCharacterIndex("Artois Voysey")].Dialog.CurrentNode = "Hired"; // KK

There's another problem with Artois Voysey. I'd like to be able to test the quest, but he didn't show up at all when I went into the pirate settlement at Nevis - or Nuestra Senora de las Nieves, as it's known in "Early Explorers". In fact, there's nobody outdoors at all except the tailor and a few guards - no wandering civilians and no Artois Voysey or Nigel Blythe.

There's another problem with Artois Voysey. I'd like to be able to test the quest, but he didn't show up at all when I went into the pirate settlement at Nevis - or Nuestra Senora de las Nieves, as it's known in "Early Explorers". In fact, there's nobody outdoors at all except the tailor and a few guards - no wandering civilians and no Artois Voysey or Nigel Blythe.
What starting options did you choose and, if there was a tutorial, did you play through it or skip it? If skipped, in what way?
There is some code in place to prevent the Artois sidequest from interfering from the tutorial and it sounds to me like that might be related.

I started as Francis Drake. I don't think there was a tutorial. I started at La Tortue, and subsequently made my way to the pirate settlement.

Back