• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

assassin main quest problem

I have a problem with Assassin storyline quest "the Alliance" when you need to sneak in to the french lineship and place two time bombs, i kill all four guards on the main deck but i can t still enter upper cannons deck, please help me! :modding

This is a tricky part to get through, because it MUST be done through sneaking and not brute force.
You're screwed when you get hit even once. :shock

thanks, i have another problem in "A Kidnapping" quest, when i talked to Santo Domingo governor he said that i must visit all locations of the north coast of the Hispaniola to find a lead, but i swimed all over the island but i can t find anything.

There's supposed to be a shipwreck on Playa del Muerte.
But to get there, you have to go through a cave.
Looks like Bartolomeu made things really hard to find again. :rolleyes:

Another problem yet... in main quest "A kiddnaping" when you need to sail to Guadeloupe and find Renouart Baumont, cause he knows about that pirate, so he tells me about a woman Lady Gaga that knows him and she woks in brothel on Chalerstown, but there are no brothel in Charlestown or i can t open it. Sorry for my bad english

GOOD point! There's only brothels in the game IF you enable them in Advanced Options prior to starting a new game!
And that option is OFF by default. So probably that's the reason why you can't get in there. :facepalm
That's not good and needs to be fixed! :whipa
I've notified Bartolomeu and hopefully he'll get back to you soon.

In the meantime, can you tell me what exactly was the last quest action you did?
I can come up with a temporary console workaround if needed. :yes

In the Kidnapping Quest

I have managed to capture Roche Brasiliano's ship.

There was a crew fight in Capt's cabin - Roche killed by my officers - Quest book updated to say "Roche captured - take him back to Havana"

Sail to Havana - on Land Ho - Transported to inside Fort, Vice Admiral Benavides there - Game Freezes - I can't move - No one talks to me. :?

I think the Vice Admiral is supposed to talk to me.

Ah! I think the reason might be because you killed Roche.
He needs to be alive in that scene; he goes to talk to you as well.
Code:
Actor error: character <Roche Brasiliano> now is not actor, his have type <stay>

Ah! I think the reason might be because you killed Roche.
He needs to be alive in that scene; he goes to talk to you as well.
Code:
Actor error: character <Roche Brasiliano> now is not actor, his have type <stay>

:will
Managed to capture Roche's ship - Roche alone in Capt Cabin - got standard surrender dialogue & options

None of the dialogue specific to Roche for the quest was available - ( think this is the problem )

Took Roche prisoner ( listed on Passanger screen as Prisoner ) - sailed back to Havana and frozen in Fort as before. :shrug

You need to kill Roche in his ship. Normally, he should appear again in the Havana fort (it's the first person you'll meet). Don't know why that doesn't work.. Like all the quests I make, I play and check them before releasing them :facepalm

I played through that part as well. It worked at the time. :wacko:

You need to kill Roche in his ship. Normally, he should appear again in the Havana fort (it's the first person you'll meet). Don't know why that doesn't work.. Like all the quests I make, I play and check them before releasing them :facepalm

:modding

Roche just does not appear in the Havana fort.

Killed him several times now in his cabin ( at different islands ) - always get the following at the end of the Compile.log

ItemLogic: On load location Quest_Havana_fort
ItemLogic: found 0 buttons
ERROR: unidentified condition type()
Template <follow> -> timeout chr.id = Blaze
Template <follow> -> teleport chr.id = Blaze to pos(-3.9612, 1.9085e-002, -3.3517)

:shrug

No error logs generated

That's really weird :?
I need a few days to check this problem..

Thanks Bartolomeu. :doff

I have just tried to play this part of the storyline by using the shortcut in the Very 1st dialogue, to jump to "The Kidnapping" .

Just in case something I had done earlier on was causing the problem.

However it has not made any difference - still no Roche in Havana Fort :sad

I saw, yesterday, that Roche has the function Lai_norebirthenabled... Maybe that's the problem. Today, I have some problems with my computer (the windows xp doesn't want to work :modding ) I hope it can be repaired this afternoon so that I can fix the problem tomorrow :shrug

Would be good to have this fixed in a few days for Build 14 Beta 1.

Not before Tuesday, I can release a fix.. My computer will be only ready this afternoon. The hard disk was formated yesterday and they still need to install Windows 7 ( I hope there is no problem in using this windows version for POTC :? )
Afterwards, I need to download Alpha 10 full installer and install again POTC..

I have Windows 7 on my computer Bartolomeu ;)

Its intel again that makes old games not work so if your just upgrading OS it should be fine :yes

I'll try to hold off on making the final installer until you might have the fix ready.
With a bit of luck, it can still be included. I hope... :?

Talisman, try this fix and tell me if you still have the problem.( I didn't have time to test it yet)

btw : start a new game and use the cheat mod to directly go to the kidnapping quest..

Back