• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Discussion Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - Single-Player Adventure Game

too late now -.-, haha, also with the new Mod release, can you re add the ability to go into that fly mode? when you press tap 3 time's or somthing it was.
Set FREE_CAMERA to 1 at the bottom of PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h . :doff

As most of you surley noticed that the E3 is still running. Without question there will be some more eye candy to be seen from AC IV: Black Flag.
Here is a new Gameplay Demo and a new Cinematic Trailer.

Does look pretty cool. Looks almost like a brilliant pirate game. Apart from the whole "Assassin's Creed" aspect. The arcadey-ness really is too much.
And that main character outfit with his hood and Inspector Gadget type assassin attributes looks really out-of-place too.
Seriously, all they'd have to do to make this awesome is un-AC it and it'll be great! :whipa

The music choice on that Cinematic Trailer is pretty atrocious though; hole crap! :shock

I never had any doubts about this game in that way. I always thought that it will be a great pirate game for shure. I only worry about how the setting will be. For example Risen was a very nice game for me in every way. So i was very excited about the Pirate game Risen 2. The first pictures were very nice and the trailers were looking very good but after the release i found the setting so terrible that i threw it in a corner of my room. Hopefully they don´t make the same mistake with Assassin's Creed 4 because it really has a big potential :bow

Now this is just cool, I really do hope the combat will in fact be more challenging though.

"1. Fights are harder, enemies attack faster and do more damage.
2. You get killed in 2 shots
3. This was done to enforce player stealth
4. How guards are placed in the world also enforces stealth.
5. Working on AI for almost full development
6. When they started development they wanted: Naval, Boarding and stealth.
7. Edward has more stealth tools, one is a blowpipe. It is a ranged stealth tool and isn't used to kill, but manipulate AI.
8. Tweaked detection rules
9. Can manipulate the AI better
10 Still working on making the combat harder but fun.
11. In the main story there are basic objectives now aka "Go kill this guy"
12. Less hand holding, you can do anything you want to complete the objective.
13. When attacking another ship, you can also do this stealthy by swimming to that ship.
14. 100% Sync objectives dont tell you how to kill people. Eg "For this mission, use stalking zones"
15. You can go below deck in the Jackdaw. You have a captains cabin which you can access whenever and the cabin allows you to customise the ship and Edward as well as giving you access to your fleet.
16. Multiplayer characters will be in the game.
17. Some side missions flesh out character development of some of your recruits
18. One commitment they wanted to make is to make a POLISHED game looking at core mechanics and naval
19. If a system isn't good enough, they either cut or try to fix it to make sure it is polished.
20. Feedback from AC3 has been taken into consideration and they have huge play tests every week
21. Caribbean open world is the most fresh thing they have made.
22. Over 50 locations, 3 of the locations are city, over 75 sandbanks/beaches.
23. Made sure that player is always motivated, always has something to do.
24. All side stuff has gameplay value which was tough to do but fans will be pleased.
25. There is a demo shown at E3 that involved killing 2 brothers (which we haven't seen)
26. Because the world is massive and lots to explore AMBIENT MUSIC IS BACK!
27. Seashanties are collectables, music sheets used to make crew sing lovely songs to you."

SOURCE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8nXLl80VnU

Found this over at: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...-about-AC4?s=2d756f03184f51da621ad9d34c53fc94

Here are the main ship classes of AC4: Black Flag and yes, I can already hear the outcry of indignation especially concerning the Brig. :pirates

bigimage.jpg

It's a secret rum storage compartment! It's under water so the crew can't see it you know. :nerbz

The Man O War is limited to only 50 guns but has at least 50 gun ports per side....... And 5 sails and 6 yards per mast?

The frigate doesn't look too bad.

The schooner looks ok.

There is something off about the gunboat.

I'm getting this if for no other reason than being able to epicly swing aboard a ship and cruise the seas without any loading screens!

hopefully they will realise how much people want a new great pirate game. and they will develop one with the bases of the AC4 :p

That's what all the young people want these days. Fast pace, explosions everywhere, people that fly and have superhuman abilities.....and lots and lots of stealthy ninja skills....ya gots ta have bow hunting skills and nun-chucks skills man...

I see this as a simple over-saturation of youth by Hollywood blockbusters and the comic genre combined with a continuing decline in modern education. Who cares about historical accuracy when you have all this other stuff - and who among this "current greatest generation" is really going to know any better if it's accurate or not??? They don't know man.....It's got assassin electrolytes man. Drink it up baby! Idiocracy here we are.

Wonder-twin powers activate!!!! Shape of - a self head-banging hammer! Form of - an Idiot!:monkeydance BLING....:modding

MK

Last edited:
Back