• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Big problem

Goran900

Landlubber
Hello i have been posting several times before about problem with intel now that problem is fixed by you and i can play game. When installed game it was running perfectly and everything was fine until crashes started to happen. First it wasnt alot and i could still play the game but now its impossible i cant reach other island cos of number of crashes its just too much. I dont know what is problem everything was fine. I didnt had internet at home and i try
to fix it somehow, funny thing i used runme.bat again i dont know why i just did and after that confix exe and runme.bat dissapiered and when i entered game there was no saves, however when i went to profile i saw all my saves but it said that saves are something i cant even write it down like it was in red letters (something like unacceptable ) and load button didnt work but when i double click it could load but when it try to enters in game it started to blinking and then nothing just black screen. I copied all saves and reinstalled game and put coppies back and everything worked gr8 until first crash happened after that it was impossible to cont. Crashes happens on almost everything in combat when i want to go from land to sea or to see to land or to ship. I noticed also 1 more thing that didnt happen before on sea map game laggs for like 1 sec for each 5 sec i dont know why.

Also i have 1 more thing to ask :) when i was doing quests for merchants to bring goods from 1 island to another i lost cargo once and failed quest and now i cant do those quests anymore when i ask them about that no option for that is it bugg or they just dont like me anymore?

Do you have a saved game from before you lost the cargo? The merchant at the destination doesn't care if the cargo is the same one you started out with, just that it's the right amount of the right stuff. For example, if you were supposed to deliver 100 units of rum and the crew drank it on the way there, buy 100 units of rum from the merchant to whom you were supposed to deliver it, then report that you have a cargo to deliver. (This won't work if you're supposed to deliver it to the Dutch colony. :))

Oh no i had to deliver it to the Philisburg :) Ty for advice i think it was paprika i dont remeber how much but i can buy milions of it anyway :)

You could try removing the "options" file from your main game folder.
Also, what red text is being displayed? If it is "Incompatible save", that would be normal if you just upgraded your game version.

When do those crashes occur? Anything consistent about them?

That they happen alot :) when i try to get on ship to get on port or in a battle. When i installed game everything was really fine no crashes no buggs but after first crash happened then they became more more frequent until its was impossible to play the game.

Anything in the log files in your main game folder?

Unfortunately just "happening frequently" doesn't tell us where the problem is. And if we don't know where to look, we don't know how to fix it. :facepalm

When it happens, look at the .log files in your main game folder; see if they provide any clue.

Textures don't cause crashes. :no

I know usually when the game CTDs, there are no clues in the log files at all. That's why we can't trace it and why we can't FIX it.
But we've still got to check. :shrug

It sounds like it did not install completely, he played it anyway until too many errors accumulated, found and ran runme.bat, and then tried to play the old incompatible saves.

Yes, delete options and start over.

Ill explain it again. I played this game before and i installed everything right. Game was going really good for like 5 days then crashes started to happen, after that it was impossible to continue playing game. After that i ran runme.bat and confix exe and runme.bat was gone and when i entered game when i saw saved games it said "Incompatible save" load button could not be pressed but when i double click on saved game it started loading and then when i tries to enter in game screen started blinking and all black. After that i copied saves and deleted game "all" and installed all again in right way and copied saved games. When i entered game again everything was working fine for like half hour then first crash happened and after that tons of them. Then i deleted options and nothing, crashed again and i noticed 1 thing while i spend little time in game that ships didnt had bars of hp,crew and sails i could on mine but not on others, and game created another options in folder but with less KB.I copied old options back cos i dont think that is problem. And 1 more thing i can do anymore cargo quest deliveries i tried to deliver paprika to dutch but nothing can anybody help with that? :) Here are some errors, compile and system.log.

Attachments

• compile.log
    15.3 KB · Views: 121
  • error.log
    91 bytes · Views: 134
  • system.log
    7.2 KB · Views: 143
  • error.log
    2.6 KB · Views: 122
There is something definitely wrong with your game files:
Code:
Invalid model: resource\models\ships\NL_PinnaceofWar47\NL_PinnaceofWar47_path.gm
WARNING! Can`t model class pointer for ShipModel
WARNING!!! Missing INIT message to ROPE - bad ship model
Can you open your RESOURCE\MODELS\Ships\NL_PinnaceofWar47 and check if that "path.gm" file is even there?

What game version does the Main Menu say you are running?

If you played and still had a RunMe.bat in your main game folder, I suspect that Windows Security Stupidity prevented it from running properly during the original installation process.
That would mean that you may have been playing with the Beta 2.1 files and once you ran RunMe.bat, it finally upgraded to the Beta 2.5 code base.
Unfortunately that does require you to start a new game, because the saves are not compatible. I'm VERY surprised you were even able to load them. :shock

Yes runmbe.bat is still here and when i ran it last time it was gone with config.exe too and i could load games but couldnt enter in game cos it started blinking and then just black screen. I am at work now i will i will reply later on about RESOURCE\MODELS\Ships\NL_PinnaceofWar47 and check if that "path.gm" file .

So you're saying starting a new game does NOT work? That's even stranger.

What folder do you have the game installed to? And what Windows version do you have?

(And WHY oh WHY is Microsoft making things sooo difficult for honest pirates??? :walkplank )

No i didnt even try to start new game when i ranme.bat.i couldnt not load those saves before. When game started loading those saves screen started blinking and then black screen we are talking about old saves not new game.I will try to runme.bat again and start new game and see what will happen.

Check also if you have a PROGRAM_new folder. If RunMe.bat works properly, there will be NO PROGRAM_new folder and RunMe.bat itself will be deleted.

Hmm. Blinking screen.........

I use Amd video cards and on certain settings the screen will start flashing badly. It is possible there are two different issues here. What video cards are you using?

Back