• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Black Pearl and QAR Progress

Hey Armada, do you think you could model some simple cones and stick it on top of the skull of the QAR's figurehead? I noticed it has horns. But they're small, so I think a pair of simple cones should suffice.

[attachment=7158:pirates4skullship.JPG.jpeg]

The horns are actually important since the figurehead is supposed to be the embodiment of Blackbeard's jolly roger.

Ok after a long time and much trial and error, here are the bow skeletons. Let me know what you think.
me.gif
These ones were such a pain in the ass.
This ship is so complex, it's insane. lol

[attachment=7161:Fullscreen capture 9152011 55923 AM.jpg]

yes I agree with them because I have indeed built in google as a test ship for another mod and everything is very complex
but the textures are a bit too dry I have some which look like real wood taken
i make ah video from me textur

Glogoglo! So, isn't a better version of the Revenge yet, which work in AOP? :shrug Because, I believed you working on this. :urgh And the light promblems? :shrug
(PS: the H. M. S. Victory is so beautiful. :onya )

Glogoglo! So, isn't a better version of the Revenge yet, which work in AOP? :shrug Because, I believed you working on this. :urgh And the light promblems? :shrug

nope xD:
i just upload the file for the people with dificulties to put the qar on aop:ct
in fact,im still working to fix the lights(trying other ships fonars)
"(PS: the H. M. S. Victory is so beautiful. :onya )"
thx :urgh
thpirateshipff.gif
:rumgone

Ok after a long time and much trial and error, here are the bow skeletons. Let me know what you think.
me.gif

[attachment=7161:Fullscreen capture 9152011 55923 AM.jpg]

if you ask me i think you must make the skeletons a lil bit red and black(like the big skeleton)

Look better? I got the rings to line up finally as well as adding the grime to them. I also made the grime of the gold trim of the ship darker to match the actual ship.
Yep, looks better. Nice job! :yes

Hey Armada, do you think you could model some simple cones and stick it on top of the skull of the QAR's figurehead? I noticed it has horns. But they're small, so I think a pair of simple cones should suffice.
I don't think I'll need proper cones, because I might be able to just pull out a vertex from each side of the skull to do it. Failing that, though, simple cones it is.

me.gif
That looks great! This is why it was essential to make these using textures and not polygons, else we'd have far too many of them. :shock

That reminds me, I've got some more upgrades planned for the realistic Victory soon... ;)

That reminds me, I've got some more upgrades planned for the realistic Victory soon... ;)
[/quote]

So, the Victory is obtainable? :b: I very like this ship. xD:

Armada ,let me know when you have something new about the H.M.S. Victory.
ok?
(PS:this is a lil bit off-topic :urgh )

And where? :woot
Depends on the game. In PotC she can be encountered in English fleets in the later periods, but I've no idea about CoAS. :shrug

Armada ,let me know when you have something new about the H.M.S. Victory.
ok?
(PS:this is a lil bit off-topic :urgh )
I'll post about it in a different topic when I've made some progress, so you'll know about it. :yes

yes I agree with them because I have indeed built in google as a test ship for another mod and everything is very complex
but the textures are a bit too dry I have some which look like real wood taken
i make ah video from me textur

I'm not sure what you mean by "dry".

if you ask me i think you must make the skeletons a lil bit red and black(like the big skeleton)

I'm actually probably going to change the skeletons colors a bit, so worry not. I still need to make the figurehead the right color as well.

Here's the work I did on the bow. I got the figurehead and the bow skeletons the proper color now. I made the figurehead lighter than the actual one is, because it was so dark, you couldn't see any of the details. So I purposely made it light enough to see the details. Armada, don't let me forget to do the masts of both the Pearl and Revenge, because I haven't touched those yet.
keith.gif

[attachment=7165:Fullscreen capture 9152011 53844 PM.jpg] [attachment=7166:Fullscreen capture 9152011 53829 PM.jpg] [attachment=7167:Fullscreen capture 9152011 53806 PM.jpg]

Could someone please post woodGrainU1.tga and fightdeck2.tga? I modified them for the Pearl, but I forgot to re-name them before I saved it, and I think they're a files that other ships use.
mybad.gif

The Queen Anne's Revenge is looking really good, if you want to get rid of my original circles on the stern and replace them entirely with proper detailed ones that's fine by me. Is there anything new on the Pearl or was she done a while ago? :gday

Back