• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Black Pearl and QAR Progress

Armada, Blender accepts VRML, so if you'd rather export into that format, that'd be ok. OBJ or VRML, which ever is easier for you :keith
OK, here's a VRML version of the latest Pearl: http://www.pyratesahoy.com/potc/Experienced%20Captain/Back-up,%20WIP%20and%20unreleased/BP_test1.wrl
I have no idea how it turned out, because Maya can't actually view VRML files.
There were a lot of settings to tweak for the export process, so there may or may not be issues.
Anyway, what I'd really like to know is if the model is in separate meshes rather than all one mesh.
If it does work, you'll need to send me the changes in OBJ format. You'll need to make sure the model is made up of its separate components though, if possible.

@LS, here's another important update for the Pearl and Revenge: http://www.pyratesahoy.com/potc/Experienced%20Captain/Back-up,%20WIP%20and%20unreleased/BPandQAR_updates3.7z
I've fixed a reverse lighting problem on the Revenge's stern circles, and added fire locators to both ships. Without those, the ships can't catch fire when damaged.

Well now I'm just lost. I made the code changes to the other two Pearls, but the cursed and un-cursed Pearl are STILL up to their cannon ports in water and the cursed Pearl keeps exploding till it sinks.
modding.gif

What the hell?
Uuuh, that's very weird. The code changes should fix any waterline problems. I have no idea what's causing the self destruction. :?
Did you press F11 and then go to a different location to make sure the changes took effect?

Well now I'm just lost. I made the code changes to the other two Pearls, but the cursed and un-cursed Pearl are STILL up to their cannon ports in water and the cursed Pearl keeps exploding till it sinks.
modding.gif

What the hell?
Uuuh, that's very weird. The code changes should fix any waterline problems. I have no idea what's causing the self destruction. :?
Did you press F11 and then go to a different location to make sure the changes took effect?

Yes I did. Now the cursed Pearl has stopped exploding, but her health bar is still going down with the sinking icon and her sail health bar is empty.
modding.gif

Did you get the ship via Vanderdecken or the console file?
We've seen instances in the past where the ship works fine with the console, but has problems when bought from Vanderdecken's shipyard.
I can't remember why, but maybe something like that is going on.

Did you get the ship via Vanderdecken or the console file?
We've seen instances in the past where the ship works fine with the console, but has problems when bought from Vanderdecken's shipyard.
I can't remember why, but maybe something like that is going on.

Neither. I went into the shipyard and changed the "paint job". When I tried with the console, that's when it stopped exploding, but was still slowly sinking. I haven't tried Vanderdecken's yet. This didn't happen till the new Pearl came along. What could be wrong?

Perhaps we need to prevent the ability to change between Pearl versions via repainting, just to be on the safe side.
I think the difference in stats when repainting the ships is what's causing the strange behaviour. It's always best to keep repaints between ships with identical stats.
I'd be interested to know what difference Vanderdecken makes, if any.

Perhaps we need to prevent the ability to change between Pearl versions via repainting, just to be on the safe side.
I think the difference in stats when repainting the ships is what's causing the strange behaviour. It's always best to keep repaints between ships with identical stats.
I'd be interested to know what difference Vanderdecken makes, if any.

I found him once by accident, but I forgot where. lol Where is he? PM me if you don't want everyone else to know.

Armada, just sent you the damaged BP in its pieces in OBJ format, all you should need to do is put them at the right height and apply the textures. :keith

I found him once by accident, but I forgot where. lol Where is he? PM me if you don't want everyone else to know.
He can only be found once you have acquired a "well known object" from a "well known person" in a "well known place".
Then, search the world map for a certain island... PM me if you still can't figure it out from there. ;)

Armada, just sent you the damaged BP in its pieces in OBJ format, all you should need to do is put them at the right height and apply the textures. :keith
Thanks, I'll get to work on that soon. :doff

He can only be found once you have acquired a "well known object" from a "well known person" in a "well known place".
Then, search the world map for a certain island... PM me if you still can't figure it out from there. ;)

I'm gonna smack you. lol
slap.gif

Just PM me. I'm too lazy to figure it out. I haven't had a chance to use the updates you and BM sent. I was at Disneyland again. Might go again on Friday. lol
rolleyes.gif

Someone on ModB is having an issue with the game crashing while trying to sail with the QAR. Can you help them out? I don't know about all that technical stuff.

But that just spoils the fun, telling you the answer. :razz

Anyway, that crashing issue sounds unusual. I'll look into it.

Uh, something to do with finding out why the Cursed Pearl keeps self-destructing when you sail her?
You were meant to visit Vanderdecken to see what difference it makes buying the ship from him.
It's not too far up this page where you last posted about it, you know. :rolleyes:

Uh, something to do with finding out why the Cursed Pearl keeps self-destructing when you sail her?
You were meant to visit Vanderdecken to see what difference it makes buying the ship from him.
It's not too far up this page where you last posted about it, you know. :rolleyes:

Ah yes. Silly you. How could you forget something like that? lol
slap.gif

slap.gif
Oh yes of course, how silly of me! I must remember to absorb the entire forum's contents so I can instantly recall anything you want to be reminded of.
Piece o' cake, lol. :razz

It's amazing how much I do lose track of on the forum, though.
Trying to complete several different projects for different parts of the Build and GOF turns your brain to scrambled egg, believe me.
Add to that college and life decisions and things get hectic. :wacko:

slap.gif
Oh yes of course, how silly of me! I must remember to absorb the entire forum's contents so I can instantly recall anything you want to be reminded of.
Piece o' cake, lol. :razz

It's amazing how much I do lose track of on the forum, though.
Trying to complete several different projects for different parts of the Build and GOF turns your brain to scrambled egg, believe me.
Add to that college and life decisions and things get hectic. :wacko:

And trying to find a job and trying to bring in money. Speaking of which, looks like I'll be homeless for real shortly after Halloween. Guess I'd better get those updates and what not finished. Who knows how limited my internet access will become.
dunno.gif

wow guys
look at these extreme game graphycs
the games name is napoleon total war
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMPC-NWIOdA&feature=related

Back