• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Brigantine Castell Friedrichsburg 1688, upgraded to 16 guns

I see you are on the COAS FTP! :onya I got it but don't quite know what to do with it. It looks like there are three versions. It's time for this old dog to learn some new tricks. :rumgone

Thanks for your advice about ftp, I've just downloaded a file ftplist.txt and then choose the first ftp in that list :) So I'm very glad I've solved the problem. So now I'm going to upload my collection of ship plans.

2Seb: Thanks!

She is one really beautiful little ship and I successfully ported her into COAS. However, its not perfect. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm obviously putting a texture in the wrong folder - anyone know which ones?

See screens. Dead-eyes and the deck seem to be the only ones messed up. On the deck it looks like all the deck decorations for several ships combined.

MK

Attachments

• start-20111102-0904310.jpg
    start-20111102-0904310.jpg
    783 KB · Views: 260
  • start-20111102-0904210.jpg
    start-20111102-0904210.jpg
    502.7 KB · Views: 276
She is one really beautiful little ship and I successfully ported her into COAS. However, its not perfect. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm obviously putting a texture in the wrong folder - anyone know which ones?

See screens. Dead-eyes and the deck seem to be the only ones messed up. On the deck it looks like all the deck decorations for several ships combined.

MK
You've got wrong textures there, that's certain. How did it happen? I don't know. Here is a step by step instruction of how to place the textures in a way they look correct:
1. Go to a TEX folder extracted from CastelF1_v1.00.7z archive.
2. Copy ALL the files from here to your HULL1, HULL2 and HULL3 folders.
3. Go to TEX\Skin2 folder.
4. Copy the files from here to your HULL2 folder. Replace the files with the same names when you will be asked. The matter is that Skin2 and Skin3 folders include only those files which are different from the files in TEX folder. These files have different hull colours. I did it so to reduce the weight of an archive and didn't include the same files into all three folders.
5. Go to TEX\Skin3 folder.
6. Copy the files from here to your HULL3 folder. Replace the files with the same names when you will be asked.

If you'll do all the steps correct, the texture problem will be solved.
Good luck!

Thank you very much Rider,

That's all I needed. It's fixed and looks perfect!

Beautiful work mate. Gonna do a video of this one I think.

MK

When the flagpole and or masts are part of the hull, it raises the 3rd person camera point of view very high. This puts the ship hull down on the bottom of the screen where it can not be seen.

The attached screenie shows the last ship I worked on in game. The camera will not go lower. It took me many hours to get to that point only to find that the ship is not usable. :modding

There are many ships afflicted this way including the East Indiaman, La Couronne, Apostol Filipe, the Spanish War Galleon, and now this brigantine.

I can not repair these ships in TOOL. They must be rebuilt in Maya and I can not even get Maya to work at all. :j3

The 2nd screenie shows how older ships are laid out to avoid this problem.

What a beauty Rider,

She's one of my favorites! Thought you might enjoy this. MK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKvGcVSiKuc

When the flagpole and or masts are part of the hull, it raises the 3rd person camera point of view very high. This puts the ship hull down on the bottom of the screen where it can not be seen.

The attached screenie shows the last ship I worked on in game. The camera will not go lower. It took me many hours to get to that point only to find that the ship is not usable. :modding

There are many ships afflicted this way including the East Indiaman, La Couronne, Apostol Filipe, the Spanish War Galleon, and now this brigantine.

I can not repair these ships in TOOL. They must be rebuilt in Maya and I can not even get Maya to work at all. :j3

The 2nd screenie shows how older ships are laid out to avoid this problem.
Ok. I'll try to reexport the model with detached flagpole. But there is another issue with it. The front mast brakes down in a place where the lower yard is attached to it, so it has nearly the same height as a flagpole. Will it cause the same problem?

What a beauty Rider,

She's one of my favorites! Thought you might enjoy this. MK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKvGcVSiKuc

Thanks, MK! The video is great! It warms my heart that my first work in 3d modeling is successful and players like it so much!

There is an easy way to fix it. The main GM is made up of many parts. The part called flagshtok02 is the part with the flagpole and mast. I can separate that out in TOOL but then the GM becomes corrupted and useless.

If you can re-export it with that part separate, then the ship can be seen. And we all want that! :cheers

PS: This was not a problem until I got this big widescreen monitor.

There is a problem with the brigantine. The source files with scaled and ready for export of the model are lost :( I'll make the necessary modifications to solve the camera issue in PotC, but It would take much more time.

Sorry to hear that, mate. Losing files is always frustrating. :facepalm

Don't worry about time constraints; there's no rush to get the ship ready, so do what you can and we'll gratefully accept any updates as you post them. :doff

There is something about this ship that is defeating me. She is in POTC but there is a problem. After doing the work to get her in game I started getting random ctds. Never saw her anywhere though. So, I used the console and got her no problem.

But when I try to go aboard I get an instacrash. Normally when I mess up there is a message saying what is wrong. Not this time. I can get on deck and talk to the crew, go to my cabin, but when I try to sail away, CTD. :j3

I have uninstalled her and re-dl'ed it and reported her with the same result. Any ideas? :shrug

Can you upload all your files for her? I could try her in my game and see what happens.

Ok, the files are on the FTP.

It just crashed again. I tried to leave a port and CastelF2 spawned in the harbor.

Err uhh.

Ok, the Castelf1,2,&3 folders go in your POTC--> resource-->models-->ships folder.

The contents of the "tex" folder goes into your POTC-->resource-->textures-->ships folder.

The Castelf_walk.c goes into the POTC-->program-->seaai-->walk folder and the shipwalk.c goes into the seaai folder. It's the P7 version with the Lyon and Neptunus added.

The shipsinit.c goes in the POTC-->program-->ships folder. It's a P7 version with the Lyon and Neptunus added.

I didn't bother cleaning out the COAS stuff.

It's the files in this folder, right? http://www.pyratesahoy.com/potc/Hylie%20Pistoff/CastelF1_v1.00%20files/
That's all I needed to know; I was a bit confused between the folder and the .7z file. :?

Back