• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build 14 Alpha 10 Work In Progress

Ahoy Pieter,

I have played Alpha 10 WIP for the last couple of weeks. I have played New Horizons and Hornblower.

First of all I find the game play aspects of the mod to be extremely stable. There are very few crashes, and the key aspects of game play, sailing,trading,land combat, ship to ship combat, boarding, smuggleing all seem work glitch free.

The new features, ship upgrading, wounded crew, and historic flags all add fine new dimensions to the game. Having all these additional quests to play almost make this a game that will never go stale.

Honestly in terms of playing the game I find it is a stable as 9.5 with Patch 4.

Great job everyone!

:warr

ANNOUNCEMENT:
The opening post has been updated with the download link for Build 14 Alpha 10 Light.
Also included is the updated feature list with an overview of what has been added since Build 14 Alpha 9.5 Patch 4.
The Full version (1.36 GB to be installed on top of Build 13 Final) is coming as soon as my internet connection allows.
A new thread will be started at that time. But in the meantime,
I'd very much appreciate if someone would test the Light version.

Can be installed on top of Build 14 Alpha 9.5 Patch 4 or any of the more recent Alpha 10 WIP versions. :yes

Can be installed on top of Build 14 Alpha 9.5 Patch 4 or any of the more recent Alpha 10 WIP versions. :yes

ok,i installed it on top of alpha 10 wip8.and to let you know,i had to go to the folder
and run the runme.bat it didn't auto run like it was supposed to.nothing major
less ya not sure where to go to find the file to run it.just thought i'd inform ya bout it.

The Light version didn't run the RunMe.bat either? Darn.
I was hoping that problem was limited to the Full version.
It'll be fixed with the Build 14 Beta 1 installer, but that will not be released any time soon.
I don't have time to fix the current installers anymore. :(

If anyone has any important gameplay tips to share with future Alpha 10 players,
please have a look here: http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?/topic/14815-build-14-alpha-10/page__view__findpost__p__347436

ok,i installed it on top of alpha 10 wip8.and to let you know,i had to go to the folder
and run the runme.bat it didn't auto run like it was supposed to.nothing major
less ya not sure where to go to find the file to run it.just thought i'd inform ya bout it.

right now, i`m installing over the B14 alpha 10 wip 8 and it does ask me if i want to run the .bat file, are you saying you clicked "next" and nothing happened or the window never popped up?

Pieter, this is a typo in the runme.bat:
del RESOURCE\Textures\Ships\inzane_bell.tga.txm
should be *.tga.tx
or so was typed in the runme.rar i dowloaded from your post last time.

I DID select the "Run RunMe.bat" option, but it didn't actually DO it.
So you have to do it manually after all. :facepalm

Actually, the .tga.tx was the typo; it should've been what's in there now.
The game had a .txm file before and that's not used anywhere, so I have the RunMe.bat removing it.
We don't want to delete the .tx file because that IS used. :cheeky

yep what Pieter said,i selected the option to run the .bat but it never came up
had to go double click it.

Back