• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build 14 Alpha 9

As for the dialog I think having them all as cases instead of if statements is the way to go.
So define in the quest_reaction.c or both_reaction.c the currentnode... what say you? :D
I think that'd probably be best. We'd have to make sure the correct currentnode is set-up then at the correct time.
The if-statements always struck me as being a weird and possible troublesome way of handling it. :facepalm

Hi I just installed "mod 13" and it works fine, now I want to install "build mod 14 full" but I'm not sure how to do it: I dubble click the launch icon and then it asks where I want to install it to, does this mean that I need to install in my POTC-game folder in program files (I have windows xp)or does this not matter where I install it to because if I don't change the directory it will just install the mod in the file I downloaded it in.
What should I do now ?
thanks

It needs to be IN THE PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN directory....

Also if you are just getting Build 14 Alpha 9 then you will need to delete the PROGRAM directory in the main folder

Be sure to check the installation instructions:
http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?/topic/12809-build-14-alpha-9/page__view__findpost__p__307383

Hi, I just installed mod pack 14 full and everything worked fine but I can't play:
1. I start the game: everything works.
2. I press; 'start new game' --> I choose first story line.
3. I press 'start game'
4. The game loads and then goes to a black screen ( = the problem )
5. There's no sound, there's nothing, just a black screen. but when I press F1 it goes to the main menu. If i press F2 it goes to the character screen so it appears that they work, the only problem is I can't see my character, ship,...
What should I do?

I extracted the mod over POTC and had build 13 installed already. I did not delete the PROGRAM directory like 'Captain Maggee' said though because I did not really get that part. And I did not install any build 14 patches because I thought that they were included. This is where I downloaded i from:

http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?app=downloads&showfile=52

I really want to play this build so please help.

thanks.

You answered your own problem then...

The PROGRAM folder NEEDS TO BE DELETED before install Build 14 Alpha 9

If you go up to Alpha 9.5 and later this does not need to be deleted but Alpha 9 it does.

Go to your Pirates of the Caribbean folder
In it is a folder called PROGRAM
Click and hit DELETE
Install Build 14 Alpha 9

i realised that the game can be copyed to an external drive and run on a seperat computer, so is it kind of running out of the box? This si kind of cool that meens i never have to install it again after re staging my computer or laptop :doff i like.

@Plowman if i were you id realy want to install the patches they make the game a lot more stabl(playable) and add cool new stuff

Indeed putting the game on an external HD works perfectly fine with the modpacks.
I do that all the time.

As for the Patches, there's really no reason not to get them.
They improve stability AND add nw goodness. :cheeky

Has anybody tried the following with one of the latest Alpha updates?

Fly false colours of an enemy country as you approach the ships of that country,
in an attempt to lure them into believing you're one of them.
If everything works as intended, the closer you come, the higher the chance of you being recognized.
If you're not well-known, you might get really close, but if people already know you,
they'll recognize you from a greater distance.

Screwface put some hard work into making this work and I'd like to know if it works as intended.

I have a wired behaviour when i set sail or seize them
the sceen beginns to flicker like mad but if i change
angle of view it's gone oh by the way i only reproduced
this in battle. i don't know if it's a bug or just because
i upgraded my grafics card(can it be to powerfull?? HD4890)

gruss raphael

I have had the same thing since using Patch 3.

In direct sail mode, arround islands & entering and leaving port or fighting other ships. The screen sometimes seem to split into 4 and in one or two sections splits into shards going diagonally out from the centre of the screen, which flicker. :shock

It happened a lot before installing the Cayman fix & now happens less but still occurs, I have had this happen arround Barbados and Jamaica.

I don't think its a hardware issue, since i have not done any changes for ages & ages.

Are there all sorts of straight lines going through the picture?
I recall seeing that once, but assumed it was a one-time fluke.
It appeared to me like you could see the edges of the polygons,
which ordinarily you should never get to see like that.
Has anyone got any clue how that would be triggered?

hmm no its like you have some triangles flashing from one point in the screen, sometimes covering the whole, only halfe or less of the screen but only for split secounds so it's kind of odd you still can play and if you leave the sceen your fine again the point where its comming from is somewhere in the middle. the triangles are brown, now idea where this comes from or how to trigger it, it shows up and is gone again. It's some random bug.

I have this problem too. When I sail (no on the worldmap but on the sea) i have this "triangle". They appear when i move the mouse, when i turn the camera.

There is a other problem: with Mr gibbs.

I've finished the storyline and when i speak with Mr Gibbs i'm transported to the part of the quest "search for the black pearl" when we speak in the tortuga tavern about the Bootstrap Bill's son and after i'm transported in the port with the crewmembers and annamaria (Annamaria?! YOU STOL MY BOAT! :cheeky ).
How can I resolv this problem?

I want a screenshot of those weird graphical artifact things! :whipa

As for Mr. Gibbs: So you already played the CotBP quest through?
What is Mr. Gibbs doing in the tavern after that? He shouldn't be there! :shock

I want a screenshot of those weird graphical artifact things! :whipa

As for Mr. Gibbs: So you already played the CotBP quest through?
What is Mr. Gibbs doing in the tavern after that? He shouldn't be there! :shock

Yes i have already played all the Jack Sparrow story. I can talk to him because he is my officer. ;)
But when i talk to him i'm transported to the tortuga's tavern and i replay the part of the quest with the crew, annamaria...
I think this is the same problem that the one i had a the portgate of havana...

Back