• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build 14 Beta 1

RUNTIME ERROR - file: sea_ai\AIGroup.c; line: 29
Using reference variable without initializing

Did you use F11 after the code change? It might even require a fresh game possibly?(yeah i know that won't help this particular game much...but well we are beta testers! unloved and ever suffering!)

Errr. Umm. The first one ctd'ed at the first screen. The 2nd one ctd'ed after a minute of play. Nope, I did not hit F11. :facepalm I will try it again soon.

I'm working on class 1 ships now and will use this game for that as long as possible. It might be time to start a new game in this install, or upgrade another install with these items. It's hard to both mod and play test because I forget what has gone where.

EDIT: I tried setting it to 128 in 2 different installs.

In one as soon as it finished loading and it got to the game the screen froze and the hard drive went into overdrive. Alt-cntrl-delete was the only way out. No F11 was possible.

In the other the game started ok. F11 worked. Then I tried to save and it ctd'ed. Every time. It also left a bad save behind, so it looks like a new game is required.

EDIT2: New game required. The game with L_S's sound pack in it is working ok. He will be pleased to know that I am playing that one again. Hehe. It's hard not to type LSD. Always liked that stuff.

Sorry about that. Replace with:
Code:
//	string groupname = "Directenc"+rand(100);
// PB -->
string groupname;
if(CheckAttribute(rPlayer, "DirectSailEncounterGroup")) rPlayer.DirectSailEncounterGroup = sti(rPlayer.DirectSailEncounterGroup) + 1;
else rPlayer.DirectSailEncounterGroup = 1;
if(rPlayer.DirectSailEncounterGroup > 20) rPlayer.DirectSailEncounterGroup = 1;
groupname = "Directenc" + sti(rPlayer.DirectSailEncounterGroup);
// PB <--

I can't say why yet, but when in direct sail "sail ho!" and "strange sail" messages no longer result in a ctd.

it works now. don't poke it or it'll break again. xD:

i hope i can find the time soon to get back to the game, since this sounds like some really sweet developements. not to mention that it needs more testing.

More testing! Yes! :keith

Testing is over. The Lab Rat has died. :ko Long live the Lab Rat! :drunk

With me taking all kinds of side quests and generally wandering aimlessly all over the map while working on dozens of ships this install still managed to complete the main quest and it just kept on going. I made Spanish Capitan General, Level 35 and Captain skill3! :keith

I made a merchant run from Sao Jorge to Marigot. Got there fine. I'm almost half way done with La Licorne and made some changes. That's where it died. I could not go from land to ship without a ctd, and then the install refused to even start. There's not enough logs to even figure out what is wrong. I guess it's time to start digging though the rubble and move the "ships" folder and some other stuff to another install.

Onward through the fog! :rumgone

Sure. It barely gets to the black screen with the gold coin in the lower right hand corner before it ctds.

Wow; that really DIDN'T get far. What if you remove the "options" file? And if that doesn't work, empty the SAVE folder? Does it start then again?

Aha! Oho! Hee! Hee! Hey! Hey! Woo! Woo! Whee! Whee! :mi :mi :mi :mi :mi :mi :mi :mi

It's Alive! :warr It wuz the options folder. :j3

Mucho whole buncha thanks Pieter. :bow

I'll bet it was thanks to all that random crap which seems to compile at the bottom of the options file over time. I wish we could stop that from happening. :modding

I will try to remember that for the future.:dance

Two steps forward and one step back.................... The "sail ho!" ctd is back. :facepalm

hey, this may be random, but one of the experimental features on patch 6 does not work (the one where the shopkeepers remain in their shops at night) just wanted to let you all know.

Oops. I missed your post. :eek:ops

The lab rat is being very inconsistent now. For instance, I sailed to Bonaire and everything was fine. I left the game to tinker with a ship, then restarted at the dock and went to see what the changes looked like and ...ctd. The logs said it was the kind where an island drops out. So I restarted and went and did the trade and repair stuff. When it was time to leave everything was fine. 3 times it was fine. :8q

Then I sailed to Havana with a cruise by Eluethera. Land ho and sail ho and it was ok. Got in a battle and it's ok. The next land ho...........ctd. Here are those logs. I hope Cuba is still ok. Oh, I'm up to level 37 now! Also, this install does not have more ai slots made because a new game is required and I'm not quite ready to go there yet.

Jonty: I'm not sure how that is supposed to work. For me they stay in the shop later, but not all night.

Code:
All slots in AIGroups are used, need to resize array!!!
Group_FindOrCreateGroup sGroupID = Directenc4, can't create group 
Can't find ship type 'War' with ClassMin = 4 and ClassMax = 2
DAMN! Even when using only #4 it still doesn't work. Is that with the code changes I did?
How many different DIrectSail encounters have you had in that game so far?

Like I said, in this install the ai groups are still set at 64, not 128 or higher. A new game is required and I'm too wound up about the thing still running at all to stop. I'm at level 37 and the year is 1702. 12 years! :mi :shoot:

How many direct sail encounters have I had in this game? :shrug Hundreds?

Hmm. If you are getting all wound up maybe it is time to retire this game and start over. :nerbz That way the extra ai groups could be implemented.

Are you using my original code modification to cycle between AI group numbers for the DirectSail encounters?
If so, you must've had at least several cycles of successful encounters before it went wonky.

http://www.pyratesahoy.com/build/b14_b1_p7_wip2.exe

To be installed on top of Build 14 Beta 1 Patch 6. New game required.
Fixed and awesome stuff included as per below list:
HTML:
- Ship's Log Interface by Sulan
. Automatically generated log entries for sea battles including a record of plundered goods and gold
. Automatically generated log entries for promotions, marriage
. Automatically generated log entries for nation relation changes and random town events
. Automatically generated log entries for goods and item trades, including the net profit/loss
. Automatically generated log entries for ship repairs, upgrades and cannon installations
. Automatically generated log entries for loans and deposits
. You have to talk to tavern keeps to update information on nation relation changes and town events in the ship's log
. You can write and save custom log entries (Notes)
. You can filter log entries by the categories "General", "Battle", "Ship", "Personal" and "Notes"
. Includes statistics on kills, sunk and captured ships
- Better Economy
. Tweaks for items (lower prices in general) by Black Bart
. Item realism mode (no skill bonuses for rubies, etc.) by Black Bart
. Advanced Option button on the above by Sulan
. Reduced the amount of gold carried by crewmen/officers, etc. by Sulan
. Updated goods' prices (general increase) to better balance items' prices vs. goods' prices by Sulan
- Simplified Advanced Options menu by Pieter Boelen
Several options removed, the rest reordered and categorized
- Code Updates:
. "Oily" water fix
. Added configurable hotkey to show archipelago map (default: M) from anywhere in the game by Sulan
. Added the powder barrel and the ammunition bag including game mechanics (24 shots) by Sulan
. Implemented basic self-developing town economy (WIP: still to be adjusted) by Sulan
. Implemented random town events ("Malaria strikes Guadeloupe ...") with influence on economy, town size, troop size, town gold etc. by Sulan
. Updated the advanced options interface to show more options at once by Sulan
. Corrected tradebook islands quantity in sort order (20 instead of 19) by Sulan
. Cut island name "Santa María de Guadalupe de Extremadura" to "Santa María de Guadalupe" to fit interface by Sulan
. Corrected the "can't sell ship in shipyard bug" by Sulan
. Decreased sailing experience by Black Bart
. Critical Hit code rewritten by Baste
. Reinstated Bridgetown Maltese Knight Abbey functionality by Pieter Boelen
. New attempted fix for CTDs due to allied characters being assigned to Sea AI groups by Pieter Boelen
. Attempted fix for CTDs due to having a lot of DirectSail encounters by Pieter Boelen
. Passengers Interface empty officer picture fixed for the Brown Interface by Pieter Boelen
. Updated and fixed Rumours by Morgan Terror
. Improved Item Names and Descriptions by Morgan Terror
. [L] button also toggles the Date & Time Display at the top of the screen by Pieter Boelen
. Reload to jetty in port on Fast Travel in all stock game based towns by Pieter Boelen
. No more random characters in tavern rooms by Pieter Boelen
. Aruba and Hispaniola tavern rooms fixed by Captain Maggee
. SHIP_INTERFACE_SCREENSHOTS toggle added to ships_init.c by Pieter Boelen [WIP: Option to be moved to InternalSettings/Advanced Options]
. Wind strength log removed except in ports, on shores and the player ship deck or at sea when you don't have a compass by Pieter Boelen
. Stuck on boarding bug fixed by Talisman
. Additional weapons added from Russian Mod for Period Weapons mod by Bartolomeu o Portugues
. Bridgetown Maltese Knight Abbey restored to full functionality by Pieter Boelen
- Storyline updates:
. Padre Domingues quest fix by Captain Maggee
. Bartolomeu storyline custom start screen restored by Pieter Boelen
. Assassin storyline Period Weapons set by Bartolomeu o Portugues
. Bartolomeu storyline Period Weapons set by Bartolomeu o Portugues
. Bartolomeu storyline Isla Mona Residence loading screen replaced by Bartolomeu o Portugues
. Standard storyline Period Weapons set by Bartolomeu o Portugues
. Teague Sparrow renamed to Edward Teague as per his actual name by Pieter Boelen
. Tia Dalma character model added by Damski
- Ship Model Updates:
. Barque1, Brig3, Hooker1, SloopofWar_50 and SP_Pinnace50 rigging improved by Hylie Pistoff

Somebody please download this file as soon as possible and let me know if it works; I'm not 100% sure the upload worked properly. :?

Back