• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build 14 Beta 1

Didn't we check all flags on all ships at some point? I thought they worked.
Anyway, apparently we need to check those Lydia's.

There's a bunch of ships that could really use being re-exported from Maya.
The Lydia is one of them. That'd fix the camera walk patch.
And then lots of ships also don't have crew walk files, but that's a less pressing matter.

If it is any help, I don't think it is the ships themselves that are the issue. I have seen two ships that are the same ship except for the name sailing together several times, and one will have flags and the other will not.

Every ship I have bought in a shipyard has had flags so far. But, if you capture a ship without flags then it will never get flags, and the best thing to do is sell it.

More weirdness. I finished Cozumel!! :D But my flagship suddenly no longer had flags. :huh It's a 3rd rate named(I think) rn_warship. It has black and yellow stripes and a dolphin for a bow ornament. It also didn't have working rear chasers, but those might not have ever worked. I don't use them much on big ships.
This is the first time I can recall a ship losing its flags.

dunno if this is the right topic, but once AGAIN, i'm returning to POTC. I'm not reliable, but at least i always come back. Basically, i have a couple questions before i download this (huge) mod on my limited broadband.
Firstly, should Beta 1 install fine over Alpha 9? My cd broke, so i'm stuck copying my copy of the game - which has Alpha 9 installed. So i'm wondering if i'm likely to cause problems by just installing over it.
Secondly, is there likely to be a new version any time soon? I'm sure a quick search of the forums would tell me, but may as well put this here, as i don't want to download the whole mod only for you to release a better version.
Thanks for putting up with me over the time i've been on and off here. I've given up on any ideas of really helping the mod anymore, as i'm too unpredictable and unreliable, but when i AM playing i intend to build on the blog post i made about the Build Mod, with some form of log of my ingame actvities, in a way likely to draw people in - even if i get a few new people playing the game or one new modder on board i'd personally consider that a success, considering what a failure i've been in the past. I know some people have run similar logs here on Pirates Ahoy! but if we could set up several gamespot blogs, and if possible link them, as our gamespot accounts gained levels we might be able to get some serious publicity. Just throwing ideas out there, this is off topic anywa

The next version will probably be a patch (so you will need Beta 1 anyway)...

What I suggest is you copy your version of Alpha 9 (so you have a backup) and then if the FULL download is to big maybe do the LIGHT version (requires more steps)

Update Alpha 9 to 9.5
then patch it to 9.5 Patch 4
Update it to Alpha 10 (LIGHT)

Finally update it to Beta 1 (LIGHT)

This will hopefully cut 500+ mb off the download in total as you already have 9 installed ;)

It also didn't have working rear chasers, but those might not have ever worked. I don't use them much on big ships.

I can't seem to get the stern chasers to work on any 3rd rate. It gives the "fire" sound, but no guns actually fire, and no ammunition is used. All other guns seem to work fine (including chasers on other ship classes).

I just fixed up a whole lot of frigates/corvettes that chasers weren't firing (with the help of KevinAtlanta)...

This is probably the same problem (missing locators) unfortunatly the BUG tracker seems to be playing up so you cant post it there at the current time :facepalm

It also didn't have working rear chasers, but those might not have ever worked. I don't use them much on big ships.

I can't seem to get the stern chasers to work on any 3rd rate. It gives the "fire" sound, but no guns actually fire, and no ammunition is used. All other guns seem to work fine (including chasers on other ship classes).

I just fixed up a whole lot of frigates/corvettes that chasers weren't firing (with the help of KevinAtlanta)...

This is probably the same problem (missing locators) unfortunately the BUG tracker seems to be playing up so you cant post it there at the current time :facepalm

If by "third rate" you mean any ship called "Third Rate Man 'o War", I checked most of the models (warshipX and lineshipX) in GM_Viewer and the locator(s) are present, so I don't think the problem is missing locators. If "third rate" means any CLASS 3 ship,.we would need more detail - screencaps and / or the model name(s) of the ships would help.

One last thing, you may want to verify that you have the skill level and/or perqs to be able to handle a large ship. Do you have a Cannoneer (Gunner) in an active officer slot? And does your Gunner have the cannon related perqs? I do know that if you are lacking in that skill set (Accuracy and Cannons), that SOME of the cannons WILL NOT FIRE - some of the time.

Side Note: as a general gameplay rule, I don't sail those big,.slow, "take forever to turn" ships - so I'm not a good one to ask about generic problems with them. I will generally only sail one (or two) when I'm required by a storyline to attack a fort or a large fleet.

KevAtl

dammit, i was wrong. Finally got a day off from revision and coursework, and i realise i've got Alpha 8, not 9. Looking back at my past topic about this, apparently there isnt an alpha 9 light. I have most of the installers i used that time, so will:
- Install Alpha 9 ontop of Alpha 8
- Alpha 9.5
- Alpha 9.5 patch 4
- Alpha 10 (light)
- Beta 1 (light)

Should that work? will try anyway, but if anyone replies quickly you may still be able to help lol.

If you can afford the download, you can also try installing Beta 1 Full on top of your current installation. Whatever you do, make sure you install on a COPY of your working installation.

May be getting unlimited broadband soon, so if i do i'll get the full version - or will do if i have any problems

Build 14 Beta 1 Patch 2 Available!
Patch 2 contains mainly fixes, including the buying and upgrading of special ships and fixes to the Standard, Bartolomeu o Portugues, Tales of a Chevalier and Jack Sparrow storylines. It also contains a new feature to make storms more interesting, as well as additional balancing of the ships.

Download (50.2 MB)

Installation:
1 - Install Build 14 Beta 1 Full, following the instructions in the installer and allow it to run RunMe.bat
2 - Install Build 14 Beta 1 Patch 2 to your main game folder
3 - Run Rename.bat in your main game folder
4 - OPTIONAL: Tweak the controls and the game's settings to your liking in the Options menu
5 - Start a new game, select a storyline and ENJOY! :woot

Includes:
HTML:
- Ugly deck texture fixed by Captain Maggee
- Capsize Mod by Pieter Boelen
. In storms, there's a risk of roll-induced damage
. You can decrease the risk of this happening by putting the ship's head into the waves
. If the ship rolls too much, various events will happen and the ship can even capsize in the worst case
- Code updates:
. Taking captured captains as companion crash workaround by Sulan
. Additional ship balancing and type renaming by Oberleutnant
Additional modifications by Pieter Boelen and Experienced Captain
. "Unique Ship" upgradeable now by Pieter Boelen
. Cannons fire on cursed ships bought from Vanderdecken shipyard by Pieter Boelen
. Code governing whether merchants/shipwrights talk to you rewritten by Pieter Boelen
. Questbook interface always available by Pieter Boelen
. BuildingSet models moved to subfolder to clean up the "Ammo" folder by Pieter Boelen
. French national ranks spell-checked by Daf.fr
. Spell-checks and texts improved in dialog and questbook files by Cap'n Cook and Pieter Boelen
- Bartolomeu o Portugues storyline updates:
. Appearance of Isla de Muerte fixed
. Isla de Muerte Grotto location now open by Captain Maggee
. Appearance of Spanish governor fixed by Talisman
. Appearance of Juan Esteban in Havana fixed by Talisman
. Not talking Bertrand Ogeron fixed by Talisman
. Not talking Roxanne in jail fixed by Cap'n Cook and Pieter Boelen
. Cowering Fort Captain fixed by Pieter Boelen
. Different particle systems used for explosions by Pieter Boelen
- Quest updates:
. LaCroix storyline slight fix by Captain Maggee
. Standard storyline Danielle rename fix by Captain Maggee
. Jack Sparrow Tia Dalma/Annamaria not talking issue fixed by Captain Maggee

Patch 2 is available from the ModDB now as well.
Captain Maggee, if you want, you can remove Patch 1 for clarity's sake,
but I don't want to remove it for you...

Can I just run patch 2 on top of patch `?

A couple of things I noticed playing the main quest with patch 1.

When I boarded the three ships blockding Barbados I found englis officers on those ships one was killed and I looted the corpse, one did nothing and one fought the french and when I addressed him he went into the prosoner dialouge.

During the main quest I sacked the town on Marinique and lost my English letter of marque.

Back