• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build 14 Beta 1

Should be 1,638,849,138 bytes.
What if you run the EXE file and then wait for a while?
It is pretty big, so it might take a while.
But many people have used it in the past, so it should work... :?

i'l try redownloading it and see if that does anything. reporting back in about 2 hours.

edit:same thing all over again, the size didnt change. perhaps there is something wrong with the download on pirates ahoy? :shrug

double edit: after sitting there playing dead for about 20 minutes, it started installing. :woot guess i just need to become more patient.

The interface used to have the boxes on top and bottom with a row of up and down arrows in the enter against a plain background. That background is now gone so you can see the screen as it was when you hit the button. Hehe. Some of the people look like they are from a Picasso painting.
I'm not sure what you mean; can you show a screenshot?

Here is a screenie of the chest in a tavern. Since the character has his back turned, you should not see his face. This seems to be much faster than before.

Ah, yes. I've seen that before as well. Quite bizarre.

The transparent backgrounds are part of the "Dynamic Interfaces" which you can enable/disable in the Options menu.

Here's another small fix; this time for the Turks gunsmith dialog. Goes in PROGRAM\DIALOGS .

Good to hear. Sounds like a bizarre random glitch then though. I don't like those... :facepalm

I just tried the side quest where we rescue Bartolomeu's crew. I can anchor at Bahia de San Antonio but I can't get to shore. When I hit the enter key, the only choice I have is sea. I encounterd this bug before the patch. I gather it is not yet fixed.

What if you go to the "anchor" location, but press [Enter] while at sea still?
Does the "Go to shore" icon show up then? I always use that, because it's nice and quick.

The visiting of the deck is something I once added with the intention of using it when officers get a larger role,
but at this time, it's basically just a waste of time. :(

Ok, Thanks. It works fine that way.

But when I get to the Havana Church Yard, and send Barolomeu off to attack the soldiers while I go talk the executioner, nothing happens. I walk a few steps to toward the church and stop and nothhing happens and I can' move forwrd or back.

Never Mind. :wp

OK I am truly confused. Mostly the executioner is not there. Once he showed up. What is going on?

Man there are a lot of new ships with patch 2! I could easily go broke just buying and selling ships just to check them all out. :)) There are new Fluyts and Pinnaces and Indiamen and Frigates and now new flush deck frigates in light and heavy flavors. I just acquired a heavy flushdeck Frigate that is amazingly detailed. I thought the Pirate Fast Galleon was the most detailed ship in the game, but this thing is awesome! :2up But, it looks too modern. Keep or sell, keep or sell......... :j2

For flagless ships, see here for a fix that Screwface just sent me:
http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?app=tracker&showissue=365&view=findpost&p=2421
I don't know if that'll fix ALL flagless ships, but it must at least help.

Man there are a lot of new ships with patch 2!
Er, they're not 'new'... more like 'renamed' and 'reclassified'. :cheeky
That you can blame Oberleutnant and myself for- he started a mod which further balances all the ships, including more realistic names, and a new class system.
I'm currently fine-tuning the changes to make them both more historically accurate and to include every single ship, including the 'unique' ones.

For more information, see this thread.

Do the fush deck frigates have flags, and do the telescopes work in them?

The only flushdeck frigates I have sailed are the Bouselle that I steal at Bridgetown and what I believe is the USS Constitution. They both had flags and working telescopes for me. I have never seen the USS Constitution before anywhere.

In rescue the crew, why can't I get the executioner to appear? ARRGHH! :modding
Last time I checked, it worked, but that was a long time ago.
The best person to ask is either Bartolomeu or Talisman. If they don't drop in here, you can try sending them a PM. :yes

Edit: Actually, seems you're not the only one with that problem. See this Bug Tracker issue:
http://forum.piratesahoy.net//tracker/issue-263-standard-missing-hangman/

In rescue the crew, why can't I get the executioner to appear? ARRGHH! :modding
Last time I checked, it worked, but that was a long time ago.
The best person to ask is either Bartolomeu or Talisman. If they don't drop in here, you can try sending them a PM. :yes

Edit: Actually, seems you're not the only one with that problem. See this Bug Tracker issue:
http://forum.piratesahoy.net//tracker/issue-263-standard-missing-hangman/

Well one thing I have noticed is that no matter what time you get to Bahia de San Antonio, for example 100:15, when you land on the shore it is 12:00. When you get to the city, you are told that the executions will take place at noon and it is already past noon by the clock.

A couple of comments about the improvements in patch 2.

I agree that many of the new and or improved ships look exceedingly great and detailed. Congratulations and thanks to the people who have done these.

How nice to get uniforms when you get promoted, very inpressive! :cheers

Just a couple of tweeks I would like to suggest. One the uniifroms at promotion, in the quest the character is beaded, it might be wise to pick uniform models with Jack or another beared figure for consistency. In any case a great feature.

I also think it might be worth a look to check the cabins in use during boarding. Some of them seem awfully big, particularyl for sloops and brigs. Something like what is used for most schooners might serve better.

Anyway great work, group!

Back