• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build 14 Beta 1

Not really, no. Code-wise, we didn't actually make that many adjustments; just a few small fixes.
The only thing I could possibly think of is the new DLL file I added for the storm roll angle display, but that's been working perfectly fine for me.
When exactly are these CTDs occurring?

Usually between deck and sea, world map and combat or sea deck to port and sometimes on opening a chest.

Sounds really random; nothing new in Patch 3 is particularly related to any of those transitions. :modding

Thanks a lot, Captain Maggee! I'm replacing the file on the ModDB; can you please update the opening posts in this thread?
Just changing the linsk will do. :doff

Jason, the only difference is two lines of code in ships_init.c that fix the early storyline breaks for the Assassin and Bartolomeu storylines.
If you are playing any of the other storylines, you don't need to start a new game.
If you ARE playing one of these two storylines, you would've gotten stuck and needed to start over anyway. :doff

Build 14 Beta 1 Patch 3.1 Available!

Download (51.3 MB)

Installation:
1 - Install Build 14 Beta 1 Full, following the instructions in the installer and allow it to run RunMe.bat
2 - Install Build 14 Beta 1 Patch 3.1 to your main game folder
3 - Run Rename.bat in your main game folder
4 - OPTIONAL: Tweak the controls and the game's settings to your liking in the Options menu
5 - Start a new game, select a storyline and ENJOY! :woot
OR
5 - If you were running Patch 2 (or 3) before, load your savegame and perform a Reinit by pressing (F11)

Includes:
HTML:
- Code updates: 
. Shipyard and store owners not talking to you if you've got a Letter of Marque bug fixed by Pieter Boelen 
. Capsize mod added on-screen display of roll angle in storms by Pirate_KK 
. Capsize mod added colour coding to roll angle warning messages by Pieter Boelen 
. French national ranks spell-checked by Daf.fr 
. Re-enable Quick-Equip button during boardings by Pieter Boelen 
. Turks gunsmith dialog fixed by Pieter Boelen 
. Itemsbox interface performance improved by Sulan (needs further testing) 
. Aruba texture-less dungeon fixed by Pieter Boelen 
. Bugged armored "Morgan" character models removed by Pieter Boelen 
. Missing flags on ships problem fixed by Screwface 
. Additional ship balancing and type renaming by Oberleutnant 
Additional modifications by Pieter Boelen and Experienced Captain 
- Quest updates: 
. Assassin storyline new parts added by Bartolomeu o Portugues 
. Standard storyline ending dialog reinstated by Pieter Boelen

3.1 Update
- Code updates:
. Cargo in Assassin and Bartolomeu quests fixed by Expierenced Captain

Ahoy Captain Mcgee

I was plying patch 3, loaded patch 3.1 and found all my save games identified as in compateible saves, so something must be wrong.

And saving is screwed up again because after one or two seuccessful saves, you get profile errors and can't save.

I can confirm the incompatible saves. Will empty the save folder and start over to see what happens. Drat. I wuz up to Commodore in 4 nationalities. The class 3 Pinnace of war is a good all around ship.

Oh sorry I changed the globals, to make it so a new version was out... I should have just said reinit :facepalm

Go to PROGRAM/globals.c and find:
Code:
#define IS_SGV					14.869					// must be a float
Change the 14.869 to 14.868

it worked fine for me. :yes

Do you have windows 7 ultimate?
and have you installed potc on c ?
if you have that might be the problem cause sometimes you can't run or change things on c.
dunno why.
the only solution i know to this is to switch to super admin.

Yeah, it is one or the other now. I have started over and am continuing that game. The old one was dying anyway.

There seem to be some changes to this site this morning. Why is the reply space so narrow now?

um i just started potc and now my my 3.1 saves are incompatible.:modding
See below:
Go to PROGRAM/globals.c and find:
Code:
#define IS_SGV					14.869					// must be a float
Change the 14.869 to 14.868
That should do it. :yes

sometimes you can't run or change things on c.
dunno why.
the only solution i know to this is to switch to super admin.
Surely you need only install outside of C:\Program Files? That should allow access to the files. :?

There seem to be some changes to this site this morning. Why is the reply space so narrow now?
I was just thinking that.
I thought it was just an update to my browser making it look strange; I guess not then. :?

Dunno. Firefox updated itself this morning. That shouldn't affect this site tho. This is a generic forum layout.

PS: I just went to another site that uses a different format, and it is unchanged.

Dunno. Firefox updated itself this morning. That shouldn't affect this site tho. This is a generic forum layout.
I know, that's what I meant (Firefox update), but I agree that shouldn't have any effect.
I know the forum was updated too, so I reckon something may have changed which wasn't meant to. :shrug

Back