• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3.5 Internal WIP For Testing

Opening post updated with new ZIP. Contains all recently posted fixes, along with some extra ones.
Also contains some code related to the Gold-Bug storyline, but due to size limitations that isn't all included this time.

Hopefully this at least fixes the stupid Free Play issues people have been reporting over the past week.

Same here I'm just saving manually, F5 doesn't seem to work for me anymore.
But this new ZIP is the one you told me about last night or a more recent one within the past hour or so?

File named "options" in your main game folder. Delete that so the game can make a clean new one.

found it deleted it still can't save. New game?

Also in the May 13 version playing BFF I got a cursed coin bur it didn't curse me. Intentional or not?

Worth a try. :yes

Indeed the curse is no longer active in the Free Play storyline. You can still get yourself "cursed on purpose" though.
New game fixed it. How do you get cursed on purpose?

And, did you put back English relations at the beginning of BFF?

New game fixed it. How do you get cursed on purpose?
Go to Isla de Muerta and plunder the chest in the cave.

And, did you put back English relations at the beginning of BFF?
I confirmed a while back that it still works as intended. Just make sure to switch to Arcade Game Mode before starting a new game.
You can also use any other starting choices where this wouldn't make a difference anyway. :wp

Arcade Game Mode, started Free Play on default settings (Brave Black Flag):
upload_2015-6-14_3-11-29.png

You're hostile to England (like you should be, being a traitor), but not hostile to any other nations (so you didn't actually get the original English relations).
Of course you ARE still flying a pirate flag, making you hostile at sea until you hoist another flag.

But as far as I can tell from this, it is working as intended.

Wow after multiple tries i finally got rid of the Larouse girl.. kept crashing when i disband her from her cabin, but now somehow it didn't crash.

Now I can fight and not watch this vegetable standing next to me doing nothing!

Sup Guys, any things you want me to look at soon? In 2 weeks I can again. any pressing matters?

Is the version in the opening post pretty up to date or should I wait on a new version before I start modding again?

Is the version in the opening post pretty up to date or should I wait on a new version before I start modding again?
You might want to wait a little bit because I've got some stuff that hasn't been posted yet.
If all goes well, I can hopefully put the new stuff together tonight so that everyone can be on the same page again.

New Installer EXE Now Available!
WARNINGS: New Game ENFORCED and options will be restored to default

The opening post has been updated with all the latest stuff in a proper installer to get everyone on the same page again.
A lot of the changes are fixes, though there are also some very nice new character and ship models added to the Free Play selection and the Jack Sparrow storyline.
The below overview shows everything that is new since the previous ZIP I posted; refer to the opening post for the complete list.

Code:
Build 14 Beta 3.5:
- New Features:
  . Improved Select Storyline Interface by Levis and Pieter Boelen
    > Possibility to choose from NEW Specific pre-defined characters
    > Interface elements enabled and disabled as appropriate to prevent errors
- Code Updates:
  . Changing Relations setting removed, now linked with storyline by Pieter Boelen
  . Treasure Quest pistols adapted for period by Grey Roger
  . Antigua disabled in Early Explorers period by Grey Roger
  . Player nation relations linked to Served Nation by Pieter Boelen
  . Always random name and outfit for governors after Town Capture by Pieter Boelen
- Bug Fixes:
  . GetMyAddressForm correction by Pieter Boelen
  . Wrong name upon death fixed by Pieter Boelen
  . SetRank for NPCs doesn't affect player by Pieter Boelen
  . Missing governor dialog texts restored by Pieter Boelen
  . Emissary dialogs fixed by Pieter Boelen
  . Correction to store interface by Grey Roger
  . vcskip attribute enabled for Tortuga Atmosphere by Pieter Boelen and Grey Roger
- Storyline Updates:
  . Sidequests:
    > Fix for "sink pirate ship at Martinique" by Pieter Boelen
    > Mateus Santos reward items changed to normal type by Grey Roger
    > Turks Help potential lock fixed by Pieter Boelen
  . Free Play Storyline:
    > Malcolm Hatcher hostile nation randomized by pedrwyth
  . Bartolomeu and Assassin Storylines:
    > Various issues fixed by Bartolomeu o Portugues and Grey Roger
  . Gold-Bug Storyline:
    > New WIP content included by Jack Rackham
- Model and Texture Updates:
  . Sao Feng, Sao Feng's guards, Pintel, Sri Sumbhajee, Sri Sumbhajee's aides, Francis Drake and Michiel de Ruyter characters models added by Jack Rackham
  . Golden Hind ship model added by Jack Rackham, Hylie Pistof and Armada
  . Wider pier added to Antigua Port by Hylie Pistof and Pieter Boelen

Back