• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Build 14 Beta 3 Issue

Try that little fix in post #18 that Pieter provided. This game is running sweet for me.

What are the latest .log files you got in your main game folder? Maybe they'll tell us something.

Right, after a redownload I got past the whole .7z thing being corrupt, but now it's throwing up runtime errors and such. After chucking the

#define PROMOTION_SHIPS 0 // Get an officer and a ship upon promotion to Captain rank

line into PROGRAM\globals.c (googled that problem), I'm now getting in the system log:

Scanning modules\
Loading modules...
Loaded 0
Reset...
Initializing CORE...
Creating atoms space: 128
done
initializing complete
Initializing DirectX 8
Assert failed in C:\PROJECTS\DRIVE_V2\DX8RENDER\Technique.cpp line 1411, expression string dwSize!=0

And have no idea how to solve that problem. And I have installed the game in a folder outwith program files, so I don't think permissions are the problem. And it ran fine vanilla, I had nary a crash there, so it's definitely the mod and/or me making a mistake during installing it that's to blame here.

If the game gives an error due to a missing PROMOTION_SHIPS line, you must be having outdated code files in there.
That toggle is no longer there because it isn't used. Can you post all your .log files?

Well, I found the issue. Was the installer file that was causing problems this time. The one I had previously was 658kb, while the working one was 812kb. So in essence the entire problem was that my 'net botched the download of both files while the system didn't see any problems on the surface. Although as far as your question was concerned, that bit of text was the entirety of my system.log, with no error.log to be found there.

So yeah, the culprit here was the files not being fully downloaded, despite the system thinking that they were.

Okay now i'm confused..what is the difference with these two installers or what is better?

what I tried is the 774kb. (http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-beta-3-progress.20686/page-64#post-462661)
and what about the 812kb? (http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/build14-beta3-full-error.21110/#post-462748)

so what is the recommended one?
i'm still using the old install process with the 3 files(with the latest update archive: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-beta-3-progress.20686/) thing.

So that plus latest update archive would be best right? :) (I mean with a fresh install using that and the archive using the 3-file install process Clipboard01.jpg )
Oh and uhm, what is replaced here btw..? Clipboard01.jpg (latest fix?) ..just making sure..:D :onya

What was replaced is the addition of that ZIP-archive, which contains everything that is in the latest installers.
If you install that at the end, it doesn't matter what installer you use.

ONO! :facepalm

I went from a 680kb to 760kb EXE and just DLed an 813kb exe. Oh well, it runs.........

I have been adding the contents of that fix-ZIP into the installer archive, hoping to keep new installs up-to-date.

Oh my, now I can't play the game. I re-downloaded the update archive and used the latest installer you gave.
-Start New Game
-Freeze
-Slow Motion
-Hang

..no error log..

Attachments

• compile.log
    6 KB · Views: 83
  • system.log
    302.6 KB · Views: 101
I haven't the foggiest what you managed to do. DEFINITELY never seen this before:
Code:
sea err: -11.300
sea err: -12.038
sea err: -12.529
sea err: -12.703
sea err: -12.549
Why did you install like that anyway? You only needed the ZIP archive.
You already had a working install. :facepalm

Ha! IT WORKED!!!(Used the former 3-file installation process thing again) :dance Using this:Clipboard01.jpg(same files)
..BUT!..I re-installed the whole thing:
  • latest update archive
  • Latest Installer (post #29 by Sire, Pieter Boelen)
  • And former beta 3 full (from Beta 3 Progress Thread)
I checked the main files. well, now I can sleep peacefully..i'm sooooo sleepy now :rumgone
..CHECK BACK LATER..:dance

Back