• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

What would one need to do?
I guess there is no comfortable level-editor as in other games? :confused:
We are stuck with Ye Olde Maya 5 and Ye Olde GM Export plug-in; the former takes some getting used to, and the latter is dodgy at best. :rolleyes:

Pieter did ask me to add the small dock model to Aruba some time ago, but I haven't got round to it. It's a small task, but a tedious one with a very specific process.
I have a half-finished tutorial in the works that will cover how to import a model into Maya, the correct way to export one, and possibly a couple of manipulation techniques.
Basically my hope is that I can put everything that I've learnt into writing so that I never have to deal with Maya 5 and GM exporting again. Bring on the CryEngine, please! :p

I see but to call it "PotC 3" is then ...
It doesn't have "3" in the name, at least on the version I've got. :shrug
And I think there were similar games before it, relating to the first two films, so it was never part of the Sea Dogs series like Akella's PotC was.

Which reminds me there is time for the PotC 3 really already. :) Something to beat AC IV in every aspect. Ships where you can climb from ashore passing through the gundecks to get to the upper deck. Maybe. With many three and four deckers where you can watch the fight how they reload etc. like in Empire Total War in real time. :ninja Who knows. What else ?

Sounds a lot like what we hope to achieve in Hearts of Oak. ;)

Cheers gents,

did I misread something or shouldn't these fast travels be not available in iron man mode?

17 - fast travels.jpg

Some things were added in a rush at the end and not fully tested. You fast travel issue might be one of them. In internalsettings.h it looks like it is either on or off.

The forum was recently updated for IE users.

Cheers,

internal settings did not tell me anything about fast travels at land, but only at sea.

I use Mozilla Firefox ... strange that an IE update helped me. But oh well, it's fine anyway.

Fast travel used to be global didn't it? It looks like now it is separated. All I can say for now is don't use it if you don't like it.

Fast Travel IS still available in Iron Man Mode, but it only gets enabled after you manually discovered a location.
Same as in Realistic Game Mode.

Cheers,

ah thanks, I thought they have been disabled.
So maybe I just did not see them in my newly started game and guessed they are enabled, then discovered locations and wondered, why now they are enabled again. :modding

Just another matter.
PotC just crashed.
I post error and system log if anyone wants to look into. It happens very rarely, so it's not a big issue.

Attachments

• system.log
    239 bytes · Views: 78
  • error.log
    85 bytes · Views: 85
Cheers,

seems I found some bug:
9 - on deck.jpg
That's my actual "on deck" view. Can't move a step in this. Re-initialize did not help.

Restarting the game helped ...

Attachments

• 9 - on deck.jpg
    9 - on deck.jpg
    364.8 KB · Views: 60
  • compile.log
    20.2 KB · Views: 75
  • system.log
    16.8 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
No ideer how you managed that and why is the hull invisible? o_O The system log mentions an undefined error. I guess the game just hiccupped.

Cheers,

aye, it looked cool.

The ship is the 6th rate frigate. The error occured only this one time.
It happened after a new sail ho message and I found myself immediately at this position. So it is not that I walked there however.
I just appearded there after the sail ho loading screen.

If it happens again, I'll tell you.

Back