• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

I seem to be unable to save now running the Sep 13th update, trying to quick save just brings up the message "unable to save now" and occasional CTD and trying to save through menu causes CTD

Attachments

• compile.log
    2.2 KB · Views: 134
  • error.log
    1.3 KB · Views: 144
  • system.log
    619 bytes · Views: 115
I seem to be unable to save now running the Sep 13th update, trying to quick save just brings up the message "unable to save now" and occasional CTD and trying to save through menu causes CTD
I remember DavyJack had those same error messages as you do; can't remember how she fixed it now though.

Some things to try:
- Delete the file named "options" from your main game folder
- Move the contents of your SAVE folder somewhere else so you can make a "clean start"
- So just leave an empty SAVE folder in its place

See if that makes any difference.

Yeah looks like i'll have to start again, so that seems to be the fix. Cheers Peter :) Anything you want play testing before i start again?

I'm able to save now, had to delete my saves and start over. Will test First Contact side quest :) how do i start it?

Right, When returning to Cayman when sailing with the WorldMap when entering the sail mode you are attacked by the Dutchman after opening a menu you are transported to the deck, not sure if that is wanted. After speaking to Jones and Shaw when back in sail mode i have no control over the ship, i can't open any menus and F12 is not responsive. Dutchman is still shooting at me though.

Last edited:
YES! VERY TRUE! I even tried sailing to the port manually but i can't make port. No control after scene :modding seadogs2_0020.jpg seadogs2_0021.jpg seadogs2_0022.jpg

EDIT: I attached a save, if it would help. This is on my way to Cayman. (JeanLaffite S.btw)

Attachments

• compile.log
    5.7 KB · Views: 109
  • error.log
    578 bytes · Views: 118
  • system.log
    6 KB · Views: 135
  • -=For Testing(2)=- Antigua. Saint John's port.zip
    694.8 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
I'm guessing it's deactivating control for the cut scene when you are approached, and then does not reactivate them. I'd look at the code myself if i knew what i was meant to be looking at xD added my files, don't know if it will help or not but it's standard storyline with Sparrow model and pearl. Also anyone know a fix for this? (Attached Photo) game opens in bottom corner and not center of the screen.

Attachments

• compile.log
    5.8 KB · Views: 113
  • error.log
    74 bytes · Views: 128
  • system.log
    3.8 KB · Views: 117
  • Windowed.png
    Windowed.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 146
yes this happens to me sometimes, too.. The fix is really weird^^
Open engine.ini and set fullscreen to 1. Save the file. Set to 0 again. save. should working again ;)

Wow..... look what I did. Tried to load my ship's deck while on the worldmap. Guess what; it did EXACTLY that! :shock
Uhm.jpg

Next thing I know:
NotBetter.jpg

Total number of errors generated:
Code:
RUNTIME ERROR - file: Loc_ai\LAi_deck.c; line: 130
Invalid conversation
RUNTIME ERROR - file: seadogs.c; line: 1200
process event stack error
RUNTIME ERROR - file: seadogs.c; line: 116
process event stack error
Uhm.... Consider me surprised.

I downloaded the new installer, used it to download the new update, ran the new update and the game wouldn't boot. Runtime error abnormal termination. WT...

You downloaded the new update with the installer? How does that work???
Anyway, can you post the log files from your main game folder here?

Right, When returning to Cayman when sailing with the WorldMap when entering the sail mode you are attacked by the Dutchman after opening a menu you are transported to the deck, not sure if that is wanted.
It is supposed to be the other way around. The idea is that you go back to Cayman empty-handed and get a visit somewhere halfway.
Then since you're not doing what you promised, you'll be attacked once you get to Cayman and you have to escape.

YES! VERY TRUE! I even tried sailing to the port manually but i can't make port. No control after scene :modding

EDIT: I attached a save, if it would help. This is on my way to Cayman. (JeanLaffite S.btw)
Yep, that helped very much. Managed to fix it properly this time. Turns out there was also an issue that the "reload to deck" was only executed after you'd open an interface or something.
Now it happens straight away when loading to sea, just like it always did.

BTW: How do you even sail around with that ship of yours? She manoeuvres so quickly I tend to hit those cliffs at Antigua! :shock

I'm guessing it's deactivating control for the cut scene when you are approached, and then does not reactivate them.
Yep, that's exactly what it was doing. :yes

[quote="Eadian, post: 461163, member: 21026"Also anyone know a fix for this? (Attached Photo) game opens in bottom corner and not center of the screen.[/quote]When I got that, I set up ENGINE.exe to run in compatibility mode "Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)".
That seems to have fixed it for me.

Opening Post Updated: New Fix Pack Posted

And again a bunch of fixes. Not a lot; just enough to sort out the new issues introduced with the previous update.
PLUS fixing nearly all Capture Colonies issues I am aware of. So that's pretty cool, no....? :wp

So that includes:
- Double "Sea" icon on your ship deck removed again
- First Contact sidequest restored to proper working order
- Cannot assign companion ships' captains as governor/fort commander (this would otherwise could a CTD when going to sea as the same character is asked to be in two spots)
- No crew in certain town locations fixed as BuildingSet characters are no longer included in this
- Getting stuck in last location on Buccaneers Camp, Bridgetown and Speightstown fixed [NOTE: These three DO require a new game to be started]

Okay, there are just too many changes now to where I have to try this all out! I have the beta 2.5, do I just need the update archive and installer?

I need a new game to install and make those work fuf!! Now im quite into that custom nathaniel storyline. Iv not downloaded ur last 2 updates to make sure any bugs got fixed or any glitches. Found this error whilst at curacao store the jacobus guy. I get planks on my ship -2 and when i try buy some i can only buy 1 and it wont go back to normal number and then it will crash exe.

Okay, there are just too many changes now to where I have to try this all out! I have the beta 2.5, do I just need the update archive and installer?
You need the full archive too. Update only works on Beta 3 WIP 18 or newer.

I need a new game to install and make those work fuf!! Now im quite into that custom nathaniel storyline. Iv not downloaded ur last 2 updates to make sure any bugs got fixed or any glitches. Found this error whilst at curacao store the jacobus guy. I get planks on my ship -2 and when i try buy some i can only buy 1 and it wont go back to normal number and then it will crash exe.
That is really quite weird. I do recommend getting the latest update; it has less bugs than any previous version, that I am sure of. :yes
Then when weird stuff happens again, you can post a savegame so I can have a look. But that doesn't work well if your game version is old.

I downloaded the new installer, used it to download the new update, ran the new update and the game wouldn't boot. Runtime error abnormal termination. WT...
Just in case it wasn't clear, the installer doesn't do any downloading of its own.
You have to download the latest update archive yourself, along with the installer.

hmm, If I would have to download that 2.34 GB archive along with everything else anyways, I think I'll just wait until Beta 3 releases since it seems to be getting quite close to release, when do you think the beta 3 will release?

Back