• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

Personally, I'm trying swashbuckler because I hope I'll find more challenging naval battles there.... Hylie, since you play on that level, can you confirm naval battles being more challenging like on lower levels?

I think ships stats don't change with difficculty, only the character's stats. Just to die. :shock

We need more information. That is a stock game file that is giving the error.

Where did you install POTC? Did you download both part 1 and part 2 of Beta 3? What version of windows are you using?

Its fine I managed to sort it. I was installing to my slave drive. As soon as I installed to my C drive it worked without any problems. Thanks for your reply :)

Cheers,

just did my first treasure quest in this new build, and found an empty chest.
Is this intentional?

Thanks.

POTC did not work when installed on your slave drive? I put my POTC installs in D: instead of C:. Is your slave drive an external drive?

It is random. I have done 5 treasure quests so far. The first 2 had full chests and then the next 3 had empty chests. I have another one to do and am hoping that chest will have some loot.

Now I'm getting two automatic quicksaves: seadogs2_0000.jpg seadogs2_0001.jpg Clipboard01.jpg -and its creating a new profile, and if I delete it in the game, mine will too.
so..i'm deleting that damn thing manually..its just so annoying..:facepalm
error.log:
Code:
RUNTIME ERROR - file: utils.c; line: 536
Invalid string argument

Get more for a letter of marque and perhaps was there ever something above a letter of marque like some Privateering commision,some letter's of reference or some stuff that you can gain through service to a country.Certainly more awards,titles,accolades for being loyal and long service to a country i think would be more appealing,historically accurate and better gameplay. A letter of marque should warrant some benefits perhaps cheapen the price of ships,goods and stores in the countries the marque covers for and perhaps cheaper loyal naval officers,better hiring capacity and morale and treatment in countries your marque represents. This can be explored in newer additions to the game. I would even suggest you could get some prizes for loyalty to a nation with a marque,maybe like getting a house,some land(no more than a token gesture)medal,titles and rewards thereof with benefits. Indeed i think genuine ships caught from enemy having a marque against should warrant a better prize at shipyard or might even be sold directly to a govt agent for a better prize instead of at shipyard.

Sorry i had some ctd's the other day forgot to report it this is what the error logged>
RUNTIME ERROR - file: seadogs.c; line: 731
Save - ARef to non existing attributes branch
RUNTIME ERROR - file: seadogs.c; line: 731
Save - ARef to non existing attributes branch
RUNTIME ERROR - file: interface\kam_selectmodel.c; line: 31
invalid index -1 [size:1200]
invalid array index
Unknown data type
RUNTIME ERROR - file: interface\kam_selectmodel.c; line: 33
invalid index -1 [size:1200]
invalid array index
function 'GetModelIDFromListNumber' stack error
RUNTIME ERROR - file: interface\kam_selectmodel.c; line: 137
Unknown data type

Maybe for future.. If you are captured(well you happen to lose some fight against an enemy and not die)say against an enemy country and you have a marque from country,can it be coded that instead of being resurrected at Tavern with that girl,that you are like in prison but thanks to your letter covering you as privateer you are either ransomed,able to bribe judges or spend some time in prison. Also if shipwrecked or sunk at sea if resurrected can randomly appear in some deserted island and perhaps be able to be rescued or be able to bribe some indians for a canoe or something like that. Give more options. More indians,escaped slaves,slave revolts and religious intrigue,refugees etc in game. Actual indigenous boats and canoes that can attack or be captured or sunk and so on.Indians as occasional allies also slave escapees like those that helped hawkins in Panama. Denmark to be included in game as a nation which had real land in carribean.Maybe have nation under Carribean rebels or Bolivarian rebels for period after 1793 with haiti under their control and build some more cities in mainland colombia like caracas,porto bello,panama etc..

You're suggesting a lot there mate! :facepalm -well, i too, hope the update will be here soon enough..
But generally speaking, the game runs just fine..:keith :onya :pirate41::guns::whipa :dance

I like the ideas and when I have time I want to look at it. but it will probally be a while before I can take a look at it.

Maybe for future.. If you are captured(well you happen to lose some fight against an enemy and not die)say against an enemy country and you have a marque from country,can it be coded that instead of being resurrected at Tavern with that girl,that you are like in prison but thanks to your letter covering you as privateer you are either ransomed,able to bribe judges or spend some time in prison. Also if shipwrecked or sunk at sea if resurrected can randomly appear in some deserted island and perhaps be able to be rescued or be able to bribe some indians for a canoe or something like that. Give more options. More indians,escaped slaves,slave revolts and religious intrigue,refugees etc in game. Actual indigenous boats and canoes that can attack or be captured or sunk and so on.Indians as occasional allies also slave escapees like those that helped hawkins in Panama. Denmark to be included in game as a nation which had real land in carribean.Maybe have nation under Carribean rebels or Bolivarian rebels for period after 1793 with haiti under their control and build some more cities in mainland colombia like caracas,porto bello,panama etc..
What you're suggesting is a huge amount of potential work for any of us to do, especially the idea of adding new nations.
While that was achieved with the US a long time ago, adding another new nation would probably cause all sorts of issues.

What you're suggesting is a huge amount of potential work for any of us to do, especially the idea of adding new nations.
While that was achieved with the US a long time ago, adding another new nation would probably cause all sorts of issues.

Altough I think the resurection in jail wouldn't be such a problem. It would be a check if you are killed by a soldier. If so you resurect in jail. It would mean a little quest then but maybe in the end it would be a lot nicer because you could play on ever after you for example failed a boarding. It would damage the morale of your crew and probally will cost you a lot of money to bribe everyone but you could go on. It would especially be interesting if you are playing an ironman playstyle.

And if you are killed by pirates you find yourself marrooned on an island which could open up things also.

Actually won't this game have a sequel or PotC 2 /taken that Aops are not/ ?! This is a stuff for game developers studio.

Back