• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

Can you moders do something about fog when ship is cursed beacuse fog is slowing down my pc and block the game performance!!!

damn! why not make your ship uncursed then? don't take any of the cursed coins(aztec gold) and don't use ships that is cursed or have the fog effect like the "La_Marianna". And load a previous save game if u accidentally got a cursed coin. If you don't have a save game before you got the aztec gold, well next time save more often. and save before opening any chest or before picking up any items on random locations.

Can you moders do something about fog when ship is cursed beacuse fog is slowing down my pc and block the game performance!!!
Hey. :ahoy
There's an option to reduce particles of any kind (like the fog). Open PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h and find this:
Code:
#define SHIPHIT_PARTICLES 3 // INT - The higher the setting the more effects (choose a lower setting if you get performance problems)
// 0: Stock PotC (red-orange explosion on hit)
// 1: Minimal hit effects (small puffs of gray smoke)
// 2: Recommended hit effects (puffs and splinters)
// 3: Excessive hit debris effects (plumes of planks and barrels, water splashes, flashes and smoke - ship explosions extensive)
#define USE_PARTICLES 2 // Sets the amount of effects in the Greenford's haunted Abbey and various other particle situations
// 0: Off
// 1: Few effects
// 2: Full effects
#define USE_PARTICLES_CANNONS 1 // Sets the realism of the cannon visual effects.
// 0: Low - Stock POTC cannon smoke
// 1: Medium - Realistic cannon smoke
// 2: High - Extremely Realistic cannon smoke, high-end computer recommended.
Change the number behind USE_PARTICLES to your liking (and perhaps the others, depends on your computer).

damn! why not make your ship uncursed then? don't take any of the cursed coins(aztec gold) and don't use ships that is cursed or have the fog effect like the "La_Marianna". And load a previous save game if u accidentally got a cursed coin. If you don't have a save game before you got the aztec gold, well next time save more often. and save before opening any chest or before picking up any items on random locations.
I know very well rules how to play but I'm asking to improve the game performance I'm not asking somebody to tell me how to play

Open PROGRAM\SEA_AI\AIShip.c and find:
Code:
    if(HasCharacterShipAttribute(rCharacter, "fog_trail") || IsCursed)
    {
        int puffs_per_second = 10;
        if(SeaCameras.Camera == "SeaDeckCamera")    puffs_per_second = 1;
        for (i=0; i < puffs_per_second; i++)
        {
            PostEvent("CreateCursedPearlFog", delay, "i", rCharacter);
            delay = delay + 1000/puffs_per_second;
        }
    }
Replace that "puffs_per_second" of 10 there with a lower value. That should help.

Doesn't make any sense to have extra flags somewhere when you use crests for all the other stuff. On the other hand, there are flags in the quick command menu. Personally I don't bother if there are flags or crests in spyglass mode; the flags are not that hard to make, but crests are, of course, simpler.
Whatever you prefer doing. :doff

Hi everyone..
I´m new on this site and this is my first message on your nice forum..
I have a little problem/question but first let me introduce my self.
I´m a 34 year old pirate from Gothenburg Sweden who have always loved pirate games since I had sid meiers pirates on my commodore 64. Me and my friend rigged our c64 next to each others and pretended that they were connected to eachother and we were in the same game. (imaginary multiplayer)..
I´ve visited this forum for years to seek helps with bugs/walkthroughs and ofcourse getting new mods. or just read.
I have mostly played age of pirates 2 with GOF mod But lately i have played potc new horizon.

The thing is that things went to hell yesterday when I updated to the latest version, a really nasty thunderstorm gave us a power failure as I updated. the update got interrupted (naturally) and some things must have been damaged in the game files cause I couldnt make it run even after I updated it again. In a fit of rage I deleted the game and game map and reinstalled it. But my saves are gone ZZzzzzzzzzz
I have reinstalled it and updated it now to the latest version and it works fine..
Started a new game (woodes rogers) and wanted to add some gold and use godmode to get in business again as my poor saves are gone..
I read earlier in this topic that cheatmode is enabled from start in this update. But not for me.
I cant even activate/trigger it.. I have checked the InternalSettings and it has a 1 so it should work.
My numlock is on because when I press 9 angry frenchmen attacks me and wants to slice me like a cheese.

Ideas would be appreciated..

OH! Cheatmode is disabled in Woodes Rogers on purpose. That storyline is not meant for free play of any kind and should be followed exactly as it is written.
If you played it before and want to skip ahead, talk to Blackbeard's Head in the opening cabin scene.
If you want to have some regular free play in the same time period, try the Tales of a Chevalier Storyline.
After the opening scenes, you'll be free to do as you please. :doff

OH! Cheatmode is disabled in Woodes Rogers on purpose. That storyline is not meant for free play of any kind and should be followed exactly as it is written.
If you played it before and want to skip ahead, talk to Blackbeard's Head in the opening cabin scene.
If you want to have some regular free play in the same time period, try the Tales of a Chevalier Storyline.
After the opening scenes, you'll be free to do as you please. :doff

Thanks alot Pieter that explains alot and I can stop going through my files and change stuff that I probably shouldnt change :)
My modding skill is :ko ............ Well I have no skill...
I have never played that storyline and when I saw the swedish flag (dont know why I havent seen it earlier) I couldnt resist it anylonger.

I noticed this some time ago and keep forgetting to mention it. :pirate07:

When one presses F2 and then colonies and then scrolls through them Saint Pierre appears three times in a row.

I think we should make the Tales of a Chevalier (or whatever the french one is called) a free play storyline for that period, no one's done any work on the storyline and it's kind of silly to call it anything but a free play storyline.

I noticed this some time ago and keep forgetting to mention it. :pirate07:

When one presses F2 and then colonies and then scrolls through them Saint Pierre appears three times in a row.
Which time period is that in? I noticed it in Early Explorers after I disabled various islands, but I fixed that. Might not be in the latest files I uploaded though.
Anyway, just to be sure... IS it in Early Explorers?

I think we should make the Tales of a Chevalier (or whatever the french one is called) a free play storyline for that period, no one's done any work on the storyline and it's kind of silly to call it anything but a free play storyline.
Today I made an update to the Select Storyline interface, so it now states "Scripted storyline opening, click anything to customize your character" for that story as clarification.

This is in the Assassin storyline 1660 or so. WIP 16, but I'm not going to patch it until I get that last fleut done.

EDIT: I have run into a problem with flags. I went to San Salvador on a treasure quest and changed flags to pirate. It didn't workout so well because the nearest ships were Spanish as it turned out. So I changed back, but my companion ship changed flags to something different as his personal flag and refuses to use the same flag I am. He will change to national flags. Is there some way to get us both using the same flag?

Also, when making orders how does one turn on the carat over the ship you are ordering to attack and how do you turn on the carat over the ship you select to be attacked?

BTW, the flag he chose to fly is verrrry innteresting. Lose the Union Jack And I would be all over it.
flag-2.jpg

This is in the Assassin storyline 1660 or so. WIP 16, but I'm not going to patch it until I get that last fleut done.
Just checked in my game version and Martinique is there only once. So it looks like that is fixed. :confused:

EDIT: I have run into a problem with flags. I went to San Salvador on a treasure quest and changed flags to pirate. It didn't workout so well because the nearest ships were Spanish as it turned out. So I changed back, but my companion ship changed flags to something different as his personal flag and refuses to use the same flag I am. He will change to national flags. Is there some way to get us both using the same flag?
Ah, he DOES use A personal flag, just not yours. Could you upload your savegame? I'd like to experiment a bit with it to make sure companions get the same flag as the player does. :yes

Also, when making orders how does one turn on the carat over the ship you are ordering to attack and how do you turn on the carat over the ship you select to be attacked?
Looks like Pirate_KK experimented a bit for improved Realism on that one; I found the code responsible. It works on Arcade Game Mode, but NOT Realistic Game Mode.
In PROGRAM\BATTLE_INTERFACE\BattleInterface.c find:
Code:
void procBISelectShip()
{
    int chrIdx = GetEventData();
    int isMyChr = GetEventData();

if (iRealismMode>0) return; // KK
    if(chrIdx==GetMainCharacterIndex())    chrIdx = -1;

float fShSpeed = 0.005;
    float fShAmp = 1.0;
    float fShW = 1.0;
    float fShH = 1.0;
    float fTop = 10.0;

SendMessage(&objShipPointer,"lllfffff",MSG_SP_CHANGESHIP,chrIdx,isMyChr,fShSpeed,fShAmp,fShW,fShH,fTop);
}
Remove this line:
Code:
if (iRealismMode>0) return; // KK
I suppose he intended this to decrease the amount of data on Sail-To ships. But indeed this has several unintended side-effects.
It's probably best to remove this limitation altogether. You can't give orders, Summon the Kraken or Instant Board if you don't know which ship you're dealing with.

BTW, the flag he chose to fly is verrrry innteresting. Lose the Union Jack And I would be all over it.
View attachment 11713
That's Hornblower's personal flag. :cheeky

Thanks for the fix. It is ok the way it is in small battles but in big battles one needs to be sure just which ship is going where.

Hornblowers flag eh? I'm interested in it because at one time in my misspent youth I played the French Horn. 1st chair. 5 years.

The flags are messed up on the pirate ships, or maybe just this one in particular. The fast war galleon. It has no flags at all, not at first and not after surrendering and not as part of my fleet.
no flag-1.jpgno flag-2.jpg

Attachments

• -=Player=- Open Sea 13-10-1667.7z
    539.5 KB · Views: 72
Back