• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

Hi all, I'm having trouble downloading the Beta 3 full zip file - gets to around 1.8-2.2 GB and stops. Very annoying - now done my 5GB monthly limit. Will have to wait a while to try again.
Don't know why - just stops.

Any tips?

I'm sticking with an older version until I finish these fleuts (3 down, 2 to go) but am wondering if the pirates are showing their flags properly now. I suspect that what was wrong with the Petros flags is doing them the same way.
The sails and the flags are totally unrelated. Haven't looked at those personal flags in port yet, but I may give it a shot tomorrow.

Or did you mean something else on pirates showing flags? I fixed the fort flags, at least. And I haven't seen flag-less pirate ships at sea yet. :confused:

Is it save game compatible? Bytheway manually installed the folders that supposed missing and still get that texture faults with nathaniel's ship.I'll try again and see or it could be some setting in the nvidia card. Yes i know just suggestions for a newer version for future.
Of course you get errors. Because the installer doesn't just extract the 7-Zip file, it also copies, renames ad deletes a lot of files. Several thousand, in fact. It HAS to be run.

You still didn't tell us what folder you tried to install to. That can make quite a difference. This one has worked for Armada on Windows 8: C:\Game Files\PotC- New Horizons .
Another suggestion would be to somehow reduce your Windows Security Settings. The installer already requests the highest security clearance though.

Hi all, I'm having trouble downloading the Beta 3 full zip file - gets to around 1.8-2.2 GB and stops. Very annoying - now done my 5GB monthly limit. Will have to wait a while to try again.
Don't know why - just stops.
All I could think of is to wait until the public release. Once we get to that, I'll make sure to upload it to several mirrors that you can try.
Haven't the foggiest why the download would fail, but that's computers and networks for you. :modding

On the subject of people having issues with the installer: can I suggest modifying the instructions in the first post to clarify this line...
Place all three files in the same folder
As I understand it, the installer files should be placed in a separate folder which ISN'T the actual game folder, and I'm sure many people won't catch that part.
Maybe something like "Create a new folder on your desktop and place the installer files inside it" would be better?

On the subject of people having issues with the installer: can I suggest modifying the instructions in the first post to clarify this line...

As I understand it, the installer files should be placed in a separate folder which ISN'T the actual game folder, and I'm sure many people won't catch that part.
Maybe something like "Create a new folder on your desktop and place the installer files inside it" would be better?

There are a lot of people that do not understand English well at all and are easily confused. Instructions need to be very simple and very clear as to exactly what to do. To me it is simple.
Make a folder here and put the three installer files in it.
Make a stock POTC install over there.
Go to the folder with the installer files in it and click on the EXE.
When the installer asks where to install it to, make it look something like this by hitting the "browse" button.
POTC Installer.jpg
Let it run and then set options.

Play the game! :pirates

bAD SAVE was on open sea with lafeat just captured a british ship that surrendered and saved then went to get the other surrendered ship but was killed by the captain for being careless and when i tried to load it says bad save that one as i saved on top of the previous. Is there a way to rescue it please?? Fuff i'll try find the file.

Hmm, I never tried the installation from inside the PotC game folder. That might indeed do weird things. Opening post accordingly. :doff
Perhaps I can put a check in the EXE file itself to prevent people from doing that. Let me see what I can conjure up....

Maybe add some other main languages to the installation description?
We could try this, if someone can translate things properly.
Of course there are also those people who don't even look at the instructions at all. :facepalm

Perhaps I can put a check in the EXE file itself to prevent people from doing that. Let me see what I can conjure up....
Done. If you have ENGINE.exe in the same folder as the installer file, it will give an error message and not continue.

These are the instructions:
New Installation: Create a new folder on your desktop and place all three files inside it, then let the installer do its work
Update Instructions: Same as new installation above, but deselect the "Main Modpack Files" option. Full contents archive NOT required.
Which part is confusing you? If anything needs clarifying in there, I'd like to know. :doff

If you have the FULL archive, you should be able to install on top of any earlier game version.

HA! I figured out how to fix the "cabin-less tutorial" for if you start the Standard storyline with a Gunboat or something.
Also redid the "Evil Stormy Start" code to not be spread out through the code as much as before anymore.

And I also restored the "no crew during tutorial" thing, because that had gone missing again by accident. :facepalm

The Beta 3 To-Do/Wish List is getting conveniently SHORT:
- Check Governor Ship Hunting ships and captains
- New Caribbean Map: Assigned to Agentad (originally done by Jaco)
- Sail-To Menu Icons: Assigned to Cassadar - Already done, just needs to be fine-tuned
- Aruba, Curacao and Nevis with added towns: Assigned to Armada
- Jack Sparrow storyline: Cursed Crimson Blood
- Standard storyline: Appearance of replacement French squadron
- Standard storyline: Appearance of Black Pearl at Martinique
- Assassin Storyline: to Barbados to kill Geffrey Bampfylde, upon leave room or check the menu it says that my time is up and the quest fails

Folder is custom not proper bethesda default. Im going to try again to reinstall with installer not manually. Could also be anti virus.So ill put if off for some mins. Iv put UAC down too. Fixed that ship eror with console and managed to take ship in martinique that pirate war sloop near harbour which had this weird error whn boarding after surrendering to me,found i could'nt go into ship transefer menu when i killed captain.Bad save i managed to load and was ok. Apart from some occasional odd glitch game been working fine upto now in lafeat story.That is the texture errors apart on ships it happens on all ships.

Do I understand it right that the Update only does only work if you already have any version of Beta3? or Beta 2.5?

The update works on Beta 3 WIP 18 or more recent. If you have an earlier version, you have to get the full archive too.

I just tried just the update files without the main files on a WIP 16 install and while it runs there are textures missing.

in that case, here are the german instructions, if you want to include it ;)

Attachments

• german_instructions.txt
    437 bytes · Views: 93
Back