• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

Hi Mates, great Mod

with Pieters kind support, I could get access to the basic game and now I am able to test your work. Thumbs up, for this game itself is now at least 10 years old. One thing strikes me a bit, as I am coming from AoP/COAS. The sail raising for all ships includs in the first order (battlesails) the spritsails unlike in AoP for even the same models (used in both). I prefer to set the spritsails in the 2nd order, could this be altered?

I just DLed the update from Pieter's post.

Am I understanding you correctly? You want the spritsails to stay down in battlesails? That is how they were in the stock game but I started changing them to go up in battlesails so that they were not getting shot up when firing the bow chasers.

They can be changed back by renaming them in the GM files.

No, the other way round! they're going down know, but I want them to stay up! It looks so strange right now. I tried to use gm-Reys from COAS (they should have a different sail-locator naming) but it didn't work

Last edited:
I can't find the updated installer and contents archive from the opening post View attachment 12959

EDIT: Sire, is there no update archive for October 8th? :( (I mean for the 3-file install process) -I already got the installer from your post #1376
I decided not to use the update archives anymore. You just need the EXE installer now.
Tried to make it simpler again. I'd also like to recommend you get the public release archive at some point if you can.
I don't intend to keep supporting the old internal test release any longer. Too much work. :facepalm
But if you've got an up-to-date version already, you'll still be able to update it.

That would be the next question. Which ships are we talking about? I did a few for POTC. The Greyhound still has the high camera bug which means I never touched it. It looks like an easy fix.

There are three things I find not good with the game still:

1. The round crosshair for ships firing is far too big and with fat contures and takes more than central space in my screenshots. If there can be optional a small reversed T one, would be great ! Also the moving of the crosshair side- and upways should be increased cause even if realistic it makes the game a trouble.

2. The ships continue to move on inertion but don't turn left or right with "strike all sails" command, just on "battle sails" they can turn.

3. On the map, the distance at which you can intercept ships has to be increased. At present it's almost if you bump into them, should be at least 1cm far from it, even that is not much.

1. Somebody would have to edit the texture file for that.
When you're making screenshots, I always avoid having the crosshair shown at all. I don't like any interface stuff on my shots. :no

2. Not sure how to change that. Probably just the way the game engine works.
It was never intended to have ships with as much inertia as we added.

3. Not sure if there's a value anywhere to change for that. Look in the worldmap folder.

I just DLed the update from Pieter's post.

Am I understanding you correctly? You want the spritsails to stay down in battlesails? That is how they were in the stock game but I started changing them to go up in battlesails so that they were not getting shot up when firing the bow chasers.

They can be changed back by renaming them in the GM files.

Here are both locator tables from the Spritsail Rey of the greyhound from PoTC-Build and COAS (german-edition), I don't see any differences, so something in the game scripting must be responsable for including this sail in the battlesail definition, or do I miss something?

SpritsailCompare.JPG

Okay, for clarification, this update should should work if you have the Oct 8 update? Well, 'cause I have the September 30th update archive file for the 3-file-install process. Is that okay too?

I'll download the latest release from ModDB as soon as I finish downloading the complete series of How I Met Your Mother show. Hehehe. I love that comedy:love. It brings a lot of memories. -I have that movie for my collection before but mistakenly deleted it. -one of the dumbest things I've ever done. :cheeky but its only a couple of hours now till the download finishes. ..i hope...:D

Here are both locator tables from the Spritsail Rey of the greyhound from PoTC-Build and COAS (german-edition), I don't see any differences, so something in the game scripting must be responsable for including this sail in the battlesail definition, or do I miss something?

View attachment 12972

Those are not the files that need to be copied, adjusted, and renamed. They are the main hull GM, mast1, and rey_a1. I got distracted by other things and forgot to do that last night. :oops:

Here, try this. Save your main GM as this one will replace it but the others are add ons and will not replace anything. See how this works.

Attachments

• new bowsprit.7z
    1.2 MB · Views: 56
Last edited:
It worked, nice! But what exactly did you do? I'll have to include many other ships as well and could other sails altered in this way to (topgallantsails, a must!)

Okay, for clarification, this update should should work if you have the Oct 8 update? Well, 'cause I have the September 30th update archive file for the 3-file-install process. Is that okay too?
Sep 30 was AFTER the public release, so you're up-to-date on that. Now you can update as if you DID have the public release. So it's fine.

The same problem, of the *******build info im so lucky
DO you have that file in your game folder? And you ARE directing the installer to the correct folder, right?

It worked, nice! But what exactly did you do? I'll have to include many other ships as well and could other sails altered in this way to (topgallantsails, a must!)

Frankly, I have forgotten how I did it. What I did was just copy what I did to a ship that I know works, the NL_Pinnace. I don't know if mast1 needs its name changed to mast0 or not. I do remember that it has something to do with how they are named. Maybe it is all of the rey_a1-0 sails that get raised. Try renaming the rey_c1-3 sails to rey_a7-9 and then also changing the names on the masts from rey_c1-3 to rey_a7-9 to match. If you do not want the spanker raised change it to d4 or something.

I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the rey naming convention.
Either "a" or "1" is the battle sails configurion, if I recall.

Mast0 definitely has nothing to do with it. :no

Back