• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

@Bathtub-pirate: Really!?! That isn't even funny anymore. And I have zero time left to try and do anything about it anymore. :(

I tested it and it does appear to work. In PotC code, true and false are simple integers anyway as defined here in PROGRAM\globals.c:
Code:
#define false       0
#define true       1

I noticed also already. Could you at least do the renaming for the things I said? Search for a non captital version of the name and replace it with the right version of the perk name.
Trying to open the savegame now but it seems some of the mods I'm working on at the moment don't like this savegame (because I haven't installed the latest patch yet .... grmblz ...)

There was indeed still one mistake in NK.c, but not with that particular perk. It was just one of those Defense>Defence things again.
Capitalization makes no difference in the PotC code and that lower case code in NK.c should not be commonly used.
But just for the sake of it, I've changed it anyway.

I will take a look at the bugs the next few weeks.
First I need to do a clean install I think because slowly my game is acting to behave bad (again :p).
Good job on the update Pieter!

New game new chance, a new pirate is published in the Caribbean and .. he comes with a new update in the luggage :aar
Thanks Pieter :cheers

Was thinking, after those 4 months, maybe asign certain abbilities to different ranks? like the gunner has long range and gun-related abbilities, whilist the navigator has manuverability and stuff and boatswain having boarding and stuff?

here we go
You have stock game code in there. Try installing to a different folder. Windows Security Stupidity might have prevented a lot of file operations being performed properly.
You did use the Installer EXE, right?

Was thinking, after those 4 months, maybe asign certain abbilities to different ranks? like the gunner has long range and gun-related abbilities, whilist the navigator has manuverability and stuff and boatswain having boarding and stuff?
That is already in place as far as abilities being contributed are concerned.
However, it is not actually shown in game; you should just notice the effects. I think Levis was going to look into that.

That is already in place as far as abilities being contributed are concerned.
However, it is not actually shown in game; you should just notice the effects. I think Levis was going to look into that.

No, no, I mean, that for the officers, like, now AN officer can get all those abbilities and improve his skills, so that officer has the knowledge of 12 officers, (since "New Horizons" is more strict about reality) that isn't possible, or is it, that one person can know everything(in real life)?

I always wanted to ask: Compared to diamonds nuggets are much rarer.
In POTC are nuggets but very cheap, too cheap?

No, no, I mean, that for the officers, like, now AN officer can get all those abbilities and improve his skills, so that officer has the knowledge of 12 officers, (since "New Horizons" is more strict about reality) that isn't possible, or is it, that one person can know everything(in real life)?
I'm working on limiting certain perks to certain officer types at the moment ;).

But they don't actually contribute those abilities. Also, ability progression is much slower now that most require more than 1 point.

Pearl, Ruby ectr. costs more than double is not that unrealistic?
Depends on the size of the gold nugget. :wp

You have stock game code in there. Try installing to a different folder. Windows Security Stupidity might have prevented a lot of file operations being performed properly.
You did use the Installer EXE, right?

Im afraid i dont get it completely. Ive used the installer, yes. You mean i should try to install the build mod in a different folder, NOT in PotC? Im slightly confused

Move the entire PotC game folder somewhere else. The default Program Files is always bad.
C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean usually works for me. You can try your desktop too.
It is all about finding a folder where security measures actually allow the installer to do what it needs to.

Indeed you're right; the REALISTIC_ABILITIES toggle doesn't work.
In PROGRAM\INTERFACE\Perks\perks.c find:
Code:
if(REALISTIC_ABILITIES==GetAttributeValue(arCur)) { return false; }
Replace with:
Code:
if(REALISTIC_ABILITIES==sti(GetAttributeValue(arCur))) { return false; }
That should fix it. I don't think a new game is required.

This fixed it for me.

I just ran into this oddity in a tavern. Apparently this female model does not like to sit down.

beta3 2013-12-06 09-18-41-63.jpg beta3 2013-12-06 09-18-53-71.jpg beta3 2013-12-06 09-19-27-24.jpg

Back