• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

True, that. The Danielle-based ones can these days, but the ones with dresses can't.

Didn't know that character model could be generated in a sitting encounter. :shock

If you need some help just ask. I have no clue what we need for it but I'm sure we can provide stuff if you say what.

I've posted an article about this here: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/vote-for-new-horizons-as-mod-of-the-year.21568/
I put it together very quickly, so it's not very long or image-intensive, but hopefully it should do the job.
Let me know if any improvements should be made.

The article also contains this fancy widget below, which I could add to the forum thanks to its <iframe> format:
The messed up seconds counter is ModDB's fault, not mine. :wp

ahoy !

i have done the vote too :)

im not currently playing the lastest update of the mod, but i think i will install next update ;) im currently going good :)

about the archipelago map, i start to seriously think about it because i need to print one for myself also (i have an idea to use the in game map as base, far greater colors) :D

EDIT: only new grenada is the new location on the map ? right ? (no new other beach or city ?)

Last edited:
It seems that when dropping out of the world map into a battle when in the open sea mod, the other ships are now so far away that they often can not be found.

When I get lucky and can see them they are so far away that by the time I get there the battle is already over. Direct sail encounters still seem to be ok.

What settings got changed to cause this?

Same problem here. No map encounter worked properly until now for me.
And seems like I can't hire officers, my character saying that the ship is full, which is not. But maybe it's because of the low leadership stat.

You can't hire officers? You should be able to hire officers right from the very start of the game no matter what your leadership is.

There is a new feature that allows random sailors to ask you for a job as a crewman while you are in a tavern. If you have a full crew, then you tell him so.

Last edited:
And seems like I can't hire officers, my character saying that the ship is full, which is not. But maybe it's because of the low leadership stat.
What version is that? It works just fine with the latest even in a new game:
seadogs2_0000.jpg seadogs2_0001.jpg seadogs2_0002.jpg seadogs2_0003.jpg seadogs2_0005.jpg seadogs2_0006.jpg

Good one agentad !
Maybe they should include this in the next release.

To DavyJack and Hylie Pistof : This is the very last one.
There is a new feature that allows random sailors to ask you for a job as a crewman while you are in a tavern. If you have a full crew, then you tell him so.
I think that the reason is here.
I didn't know about that new feature so I was thinking that they were officers.
My crew was full just as my character replied.
Thanks for replying.

im getting the lastest update and will start tomorrow when my mother will print the map !

time to clean the seas ! arrrr!

It seems that when dropping out of the world map into a battle when in the open sea mod, the other ships are now so far away that they often can not be found.

When I get lucky and can see them they are so far away that by the time I get there the battle is already over. Direct sail encounters still seem to be ok.

I don't think anything changed here but I will look into it.

The same problem I have also. I want to battle but nobody's there:shrug

Not just the tavern mate, I encountered a few in town and I think, that this was added before this version, I remember, that random players had that conversation in older builds.

Funy thing I encountered was, I was sailing to Jamaica to get my promotion and came on the island at night, went to the tavern and as soon as I entered the tavern a solder talked to me and said something "you're that guy, get him!" or something and then I had to fight 3 soldiers.

Back