• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cannons

superdurnius

Corsair
Coordinator
3D Artist
Storm Modeller
Shorty, why I have created this thread? You can see your field-cannon born little-by-little... But on top you can see 2 of my crazy-experimentation... I want to hear tots from every one about those... to crazy?

cannonsprv1.jpg

:rofl
For actual quest-use, I'd like the single-barrel ones, but maybe we can put the others somewhere as a joke.
I'm pretty sure Stallion would love them. :razz

Shorty, why I have created this thread? You can see your field-cannon born little-by-little... But on top you can see 2 of my crazy-experimentation... I want to hear tots from every one about those... to crazy?

cannonsprv1.jpg
LOVE IT! The single barrel version of course. :onya
Really close to the pictures I sent - THANKS!
So now that you've teased me with "half of it" when do we get the rest? :cheeky

As to Pieter's comments - I could see the multi-barreled ones being great for a pirate hideout somewhere, with some crazed pirate leader anxious to protect his ill-gotten gains.

Hmm... put them to use in the Sao Feng quest.
We've got the Burning Brig dudes there; they'd use crazy stuff like that. :rofl

xD: add twice as many shots from the Crimson Blood side cannons and 4 times more from bow/stern cannons :rofl

On a more serious note I can see them having them lying around there "hideout" xD:

Nice! I like the one barrel version the best. But more barrels isn' t that odd. But then they should be smaller and placed next to each other not on top. The portugese used such cannons on the field. (At least Age of Empires 3, says so ;))

For actual quest-use, I'd like the single-barrel ones, but maybe we can put the others somewhere as a joke.
I'm pretty sure Stallion would love them. :razz
xD: add twice as many shots from the Crimson Blood side cannons and 4 times more from bow/stern cannons :rofl

On a more serious note I can see them having them lying around there "hideout" xD:
As a joke? Yeah... I'm thinking (just figured out) about making one cheat-only-man-o-war with all his canons with quad barrel :D ... Damn... 400 cannons :D ... I guess almost no space for cargo... Just enough for food and ammo... :D

As to Pieter's comments - I could see the multi-barreled ones being great for a pirate hideout somewhere, with some crazed pirate leader anxious to protect his ill-gotten gains.
I'm trying to make it as close to those pictures as possible... And you already see it all.. left only to putt some details, add textures and symmetrise it...

Nice! I like the one barrel version the best. But more barrels isn' t that odd. But then they should be smaller and placed next to each other not on top. The portugese used such cannons on the field. (At least Age of Empires 3, says so ;))
They should be smaller.. And afcourse not floating on top of cannons... I simply placed them to show-up the difference... Still, those will be only decorate...

I'm trying to make it as close to those pictures as possible... And you already see it all.. left only to putt some details, add textures and symmetrise it...
So .. you'll be finished in about twenty minutes then? :rofl :rofl :rofl

I already have their positions set in the game - at the moment they will appear in three different game battles.
I've done some tests runs and they should look REALLY good! :onya

Here is something for you, so it should be easear to wait...
cannonsprv2.jpg

Note... those cannon balls ... Are they in place? That part of cannon simply looked to empty for me... Trying to fill it...

The cannon balls work for me - I also like the box NOT being filled - looks more like they have "used" some.

You know what I mean - like having fired them at a modeler who tortures a poor old quest writer by keep showing him some really neat stuff - then still making him wait!!! :whipa :whipa :whipa [only joking]

The cannon balls work for me - I also like the box NOT being filled - looks more like they have "used" some.
:dance
You know what I mean - like having fired them at a modeler who tortures a poor old quest writer by keep showing him some really neat stuff - then still making him wait!!! :whipa :whipa :whipa [only joking]
:yes xD:
...poor old quest writer...
Wow... your birth date is 1941... Are you really 68 years old???

Man, you have become really good at modelling Superdurnius!
:rolleyes: :shrug

I'm afraid so ... That's why Pieter let me write the quest ... I'm the only one old enough to remember what it was like back then. :eek:k

By the way ... THANKS for letting everyone know about it! :whipa :whipa :whipa [joke] < I have to add that cos not everyone understands the British sense of humour :razz

It brings the average age of the questwriters up thats for sure :rofl

Thomas and me are both 18 and I'm not sure how old Bartolomeu is :D

Your cannons are looking awesome SuperDurnius you have truely become a very able modeler :yes

I'm afraid so ... That's why Pieter let me write the quest ... I'm the only one old enough to remember what it was like back then. :eek:k
ehm... Fix me if I'm wrong, but 68 years is not enough to remember what it was like back then. And Pieter let write quests to anyone who wants and knows how to do that...

By the way ... THANKS for letting everyone know about it! :whipa :whipa :whipa [joke] < I have to add that cos not everyone understands the British sense of humour :razz
My sense of humor is similar to English (and little different from people I know), so you don't need to add those [only joking] ... Sometimes I understand what I'm reading :D. :dance

And Pieter let write quests to anyone who wants and knows how to do that...
That sounds SO weird. :shock
"I'm sorry people, but from today onwards I, Pieter Boelen (aka "The Big Bad PiratesAhoy! Dictator"),
proclaim that the minimum age for being a questwriter is 20 years." :wacko:

And Pieter let write quests to anyone who wants and knows how to do that...
That sounds SO weird. :shock
"I'm sorry people, but from today onwards I, Pieter Boelen (aka "The Big Bad PiratesAhoy! Dictator"),
proclaim that the minimum age for being a questwriter is 20 years." :wacko:
Ah! So THAT'S what you meant in that other topic, when you said:
"Personally I'm quite happy to do this stuff in my spare time.
As my professional work, I do something completely different. :cheeky"

completely different = "The Big Bad PiratesAhoy! Dictator"

Back