• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cannons

And Pieter let write quests to anyone who wants and knows how to do that...
That sounds SO weird. :shock
"I'm sorry people, but from today onwards I, Pieter Boelen (aka "The Big Bad PiratesAhoy! Dictator"),
proclaim that the minimum age for being a questwriter is 20 years." :wacko:
Some people can do something, but for them simply needs some kick into the ass (me), that's why every project must have leader... There is need of "The Big Bad PiratesAhoy! Dictator"... For me that's respectful place... And not every one could take it...

Shorty, you know when I'll send you files?
cannonsprv3.jpg

OMG AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!
I've made it compatible with cann3.tga.tx. Slightly modifyed it, but used only empty space, so it will overwrite old file, but won't change look of old models, based on that texture...
First column is with cann3.tga.tx ...
Second is with cann4.tga.tx ...
thirth is with cannB.tga.tx (made by me and included in BlackDecks archyve, that still aren't included in build :whipa )
cannonsprv4.jpg

That is ABSOLUTELY AWESOME! :bow

...made by me and included in BlackDecks archyve, that still aren't included in build :whipa
Will be done. Eventually. I still have it in my intention to add it.
But I there's some other stuff I want to do first, most notably getting Alpha 9.5 Patch 4 released.
Once that's done, I'm going to continue putting Dev Res stuff into the Alpha and the black decks are a part of that. :yes

So note, then, that texture in this archive will be newer version the BlackDecks archyve one... (You always could check by last-Edit-Date in file properties)

That's almost nothing... Not a master piece of work or smth... I simply made it... Canon it self is from CoAS... I've made only "cart"... And :shrug I don't know... i understand that it is looking as AWESOME to those who don't know modeling, but if someone, who is real maya-master, will see lot's of glitches or mistakes...

Now about file:
Here is packed only models and textures and models... I haven't desired folders or other...
[attachment=3619:cannons.7z]
I already hexed all canons to fit all three textures. All cannons in last screen are included here.

And could someone to make me a favor? Get rid of all b_*.gm from that ammo folder plz... I can't look at that folder with that much of "b-crap" over there... Plz not include these cannons in ammo. Can someone (Pieter, on next dev res???) move them all into Items folder? Items folder is used for that, right? To place models, that are shown in world not equipped by character..?

EDIT:
Shorty, forgot your broken version, as requested:
[attachment=3620:Field_Cannon_broken.7z]
cannonsprv5.jpg

I do know modeling and I can indeed spot some weird effects, but that doesn't matter.
The general impression is really good and the two things that truly ARE awesome are
the fact that you actually DID make them and the amount of uses we can think up for the cannons. :cheeky
It'll add a lot of atmosphere to the game for sure. :yes

Indeed the BuildingSet models intermingled with the regular weapons is a bit messy.
I'm not entirely sure yet what we should do with that at the moment.
Once I'm done with Build 14 Alpha 9.5 Patch 4, I might try and look into cleaning it up a bit.

Maybe we can move the BuildingSet models into their own folder.
The question does then remain... should the cannons be included with the BuildingSet models or not?
All cannons so far are used as BuildingSet models.

I think a couple of those double barrel cannons can go on Turks around the cave and also the shipwreck shore :cheeky

They really are AWESOME SD :bow

I got the field cannons to work in my game as BuildingSet models. See here the result:
field_cannon.jpg

One request: the cannon faces 180 degrees the wrong way; can you turn all cannons around so that they face forward?
That's easier with placing them. :doff

Put the models in RESOURCE\MODELS\Ammo and the textures in RESOURCE\Textures\Ammo.
Add this code in PROGRAM\ITEMS\initItems.c:
Code:
	// SuperDurnius -->
n = InitBLDexterior(n,"Field_Cannon_1",     "Field_Cannon_1",     "B_invisible", "",        30, 10000, 15,   1.0, 2.0,  0, 20 ); 	// iron field cannon
n = InitBLDexterior(n,"Field_Cannon_1x2",   "Field_Cannon_1x2",   "B_invisible", "",        30, 10000, 15,   1.0, 2.0,  0, 20 ); 	// iron double-barrel field cannon
n = InitBLDexterior(n,"Field_Cannon_2",     "Field_Cannon_2",     "B_invisible", "",        30, 10000, 15,   1.0, 2.0,  0, 20 ); 	// bronze field cannon
n = InitBLDexterior(n,"Field_Cannon_2x2",   "Field_Cannon_2x2",   "B_invisible", "",        30, 10000, 15,   1.0, 2.0,  0, 20 ); 	// bronze double-barrel field cannon
n = InitBLDexterior(n,"Field_Cannon_3",     "Field_Cannon_3",     "B_invisible", "",        30, 10000, 15,   1.0, 2.0,  0, 20 ); 	// black field cannon
n = InitBLDexterior(n,"Field_Cannon_3x2",   "Field_Cannon_3x2",   "B_invisible", "",        30, 10000, 15,   1.0, 2.0,  0, 20 ); 	// black double-barrel field cannon
n = InitBLDexterior(n,"Field_Cannon_broken","Field_Cannon_broken","B_invisible", "",        30, 10000, 15,   1.0, 2.0,  0, 20 ); 	// broken iron field cannon
// SuperDurnius <--
And this code in RESOURCE\INI\TEXTS\ENGLISH\common.ini:
Code:
string = Field_Cannon_1," Field_Cannon_1"
string = Field_Cannon_1x2," Field_Cannon_1x2"
string = Field_Cannon_2," Field_Cannon_2"
string = Field_Cannon_2x2," Field_Cannon_2x2"
string = Field_Cannon_3," Field_Cannon_3"
string = Field_Cannon_3x2," Field_Cannon_3x2"
string = Field_Cannon_broken," Field_Cannon_broken"
You can place a cannon outside St. Johns (Antigua) with this:
Code:
Build_at("Antigua_outskirts", "Field_Cannon_1", "", -12.881, 1.8755, 45.963, -1.0805, "");

Yes!! They are there - but as Pieter said backwards - the French gun crew are supposed to be loading them in this scene. :rolleyes:
atthedesk.jpg

Back