• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cannons

I got the field cannons to work in my game as BuildingSet models. See here the result:
field_cannon.jpg

One request: the cannon faces 180 degrees the wrong way; can you turn all cannons around so that they face forward?
That's easier with placing them. :doff
ingame it looks even nicer...

I'll look for that 180 degree thing in some time...

Thanks a lot; it shouldn't be too hard, I Imagine; we just need the barrels to point the other way. :cheeky

Have you had any luck with the "turning the cannons around" thing yet, SuperDurnius?

... BlackDecks archyve, that still aren't included in build :whipa
Just for your information, I have now made use of your black deck texture for the Black Pearl interior locations.
So in the next modpack version, when you're sailing the Black Pearl and visit the ship's deck, it'll be properly black.
On the exterior deck, I made some slight adjustments in using the original colours
to prevent the black deck from becoming too bleak. It was a bit depressing with everything black. :cheeky

Congratulations SuperDurnius for the cannons :onya Now, I can use one of your models for the Oranjstad siege.. Just a question, you've had to use Maya, right ?

If yes.. I have a gallows 3ds model in my folder on the ftp. Can you put this gallows in-game as you did for the cannon ? :rolleyes:

Congratulations SuperDurnius for the cannons :onya Now, I can use one of your models for the Oranjstad siege.. Just a question, you've had to use Maya, right ?

If yes.. I have a gallows 3ds model in my folder on the ftp. Can you put this gallows in-game as you did for the cannon ? :rolleyes:
Yes and no...
I work with SoftImage XSI. I use maya 5.0 only for conversion... And 3ds can be opened only with 3dsMax, but I have it installed. I'll look at it... when I'll have some time, now I haven't find time even for turning those cannons...

I have checked your file... 2 comments:
1. He's to big — not a problem... little scaling work and it will be finished...
2. He's to detail — need little work on it with some unneeded parts... Not a problem too...

Still, I need some time to work on it... But I guess I won't be able to do that in couple of days... So I Can't promise it ASAP...

The most important is to succeed in installing the gallows in POTC even if I need to wait a few weeks for that :yes

About your cannons, SuperDurnius, add with TOOL the start and end locators for them to avoid many errors in the log files..

It could be easier if someone could explain how those are placed in-game... Is there used some "place-geometry" function or in another way?

You can add those locators in the TOOL; their coordinates doesn't seem to matter.
As long as they're there, you get rid of the accompanying error messages.

It could be easier if someone could explain how those are placed in-game... Is there used some "place-geometry" function or in another way?
But no reply to this question... Do "we" use this cind of function or other way? Can someone explain me how they are putted? How you, Pieter, placed that cannon you showed in screenshot?

But no reply to this question... Do "we" use this cind of function or other way? Can someone explain me how they are putted? How you, Pieter, placed that cannon you showed in screenshot?
Not sure if I understand you corrctly but the game command in the Quest Reaction file is:
Build_at("Antigua_outskirts", "Field_Cannon_1", "", 4.225, -0.1075, 110.22, -1.240, "");

To position where you want the field gun - Walk the main character where you want it to be - look in the direction you wish it to point - standing still turn the character to face 90o to the right (as it is now) - press f12 and the co-ordinates will show on the screen.
Hope that helps.

I thought it was that line of code but wasnt really sure... I think there is also another line which sets in near the player but I dont know how that works but I think the line Short Jack Gold suggests in his post is the best line to get it in game.

Use the console if you want to see it by just adding that line and executing (might need to be in another location dont know though) :no

The line of code must be in a "case" BEFORE the character enters the particular location.
For this one for instance:
Build_at("Antigua_outskirts", "Field_Cannon_1", "", 4.225, -0.1075, 110.22, -1.240, "");

It would be WHILE STILL IN THE TOWN:

Case "Go to outskirts":

pchar.quest.Antigua_Land_Battle2.win_condition.l1 = "location";
Pchar.quest.Antigua_Land_Battle2.win_condition.l1.character = Pchar.id;
pchar.quest.Antigua_Land_Battle2.win_condition.l1.location = "Antigua_outskirts";
pchar.quest.Antigua_Land_Battle2.win_condition = "Antigua_Land_Battle2";
break;

case "Antigua_Land_Battle2":
what else you need to do here (characters to appear etc.)
break;

OK, I understand now. But now I have one more q. How command knows what I do men by "Field_Cannon_1". Does it takes model named "Field_Cannon_1" from .../Ammo? Or I have to set model inside ItemsInit? Or other tricks?

The "Field_Cannon_1" refers to the ITEM "Field_Cannon_1" in PROGRAM\ITEMS\initItems.c.

Back