• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Characters not initialed right when playing without auto skill

Jason

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
Four times I tried to rob a merchant game froze every time.

Attachments

• -=Player=- Hispaniola.rar
    461.1 KB · Views: 81
  • error.log
    56.8 KB · Views: 100
  • system.log
    542 bytes · Views: 90
And another. Hired a specific type of officer (gunner) he was at level 31 and had 331 HP. Most of his sill points were blank the ones that had numbers had nothing higher than five. Officer hired in the tavern not from the bartender seemed fine.

Yes in Program/locations. But it dont solved the problems, I just have to very
bad crashes, so bad it shut the computer down twice.

And another. Hired a specific type of officer (gunner) he was at level 31 and had 331 HP. Most of his sill points were blank the ones that had numbers had nothing higher than five. Officer hired in the tavern not from the bartender seemed fine.
Had this problem also once... Can you confirm that after hireing he was right?

With regard to officers and skill points. Hiring specific officers always have missing points and after I hired my specific half of the officers I started with (BFF) also LOST skill points. Random officers, hired 3, all have all their points.

Also we are back to very slllloooowww load time on all actions sequences(boarding robbing street merchants) and a ctd in my only boarding during combat.

Simply put: Game is messed up. Happened in the Saturday code updates, I think.
I really I hope @Levis can sort it out and soon too.
We've been through this already a few weeks ago. Really don't fancy having to fight with someone else's code again.

going to look at what is happening.
When I was testing my stuff this didn't happen.... So might be I forgot to upload some files or some changes went wrong...

@Jason you are playing with AUTO_SKILL enabled I asume?

No I am not using auto skill. I allocate the points.
okay, please try the files and let me know if it helps.
Officer sometimes having some perks not choosen is not that weird. Some save up theire points to take higher perks. I might need to tweak the values a little bit. But especially ones which have theire best perks still locked could have 5 points still free because they are trying to get the other perks unlocked first (for example surgeon will have a lot of free points often on lower levels).

there still seems to be a problem without auto_skill
But that kind of information is kind of crucial if you want things fixed so please try to tell it if there is a problem...

@ANSEL or @Jason can you confirm that officers look okay again and loading times are normal.
Also that there are no weird crashes?

In re officers: When you hire the specific officers they have appropriate levels HP to there experience levels and skill points are no longer blank however the sill points are too low for their experience level and there are no points to allocate. I have auto skill off.

Also your latest fix appears to have it so that the character no longer displays armor when appropriate.

Back