• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Characters not initialed right when playing without auto skill

Will put the line back.... Cant see why it should be there :S.

@Jason could you give a screenshot of such character and tell whats missing?
For me they do seem right....

If that line isn't there, then armour doesn't show.
I don't know why that makes a difference, but it does.
Took me quite some time to track that down as the cause for that bug. :shrug

I have screen shot JPEG2000 saved as a zip but even zipped its to big to upload. Any suggestions?

Upload it at a image upload service like imgur?

Here it is. Remember I am playing with auto skill OFF

Attachments

• Officer Points.rar
    600.4 KB · Views: 88
And one more thing, when I was in the blacksmith shop in Port Royal upgrading blades I got the old error about my crew demanding their salary. I know it is an error because I have a crew of 69 and their salary demand was 182,185. I haven't seen that error for a while.

And one more thing, when I was in the blacksmith shop in Port Royal upgrading blades I got the old error about my crew demanding their salary. I know it is an error because I have a crew of 69 and their salary demand was 182,185. I haven't seen that error for a while.
Error logs to go with it?

Did you install the latest "Levis fixes"? Did you start a New Game after that?
It does appear that is needed.

So I started with the Levis fix and a new game BFF.

On the officers the random officers appear to be fine that is points are not allocated and I can allocate them ( I have auto skill off). My character and the specific officers have all their skill points allocated automatically which is new and not consistent with auto skill set to off or distribution by me on if you prefer. Also fewer skill points appear to be allocated. It used to be 2 points per level, now it is somewhat less. I suppose that could be deliberate as a result of the leveling work that has been going on.

Also the armor display problem is still with us with these fixes, it is not a big problem since it affects the way the character looks not whether the armor is actually on.

I have much respect for those of you work hard to provide us with this great game and your continuing efforts to make it better. However and I think I have made this point before some times it feels like we start tweeking things that are working fine, screw something up and then spend weeks trying to put things back where they were maybe with a little marginal improvement. For me all this stuff going on with the officers is an prime. Maybe a more through process to vet proposed changes in advance might help, although I have no idea how to implement that since we are literally scattered all over the globe and most have day jobs. Anyway just a thought. :shrug

Here it is. Remember I am playing with auto skill OFF
Hmm....I think I just made a small mistake here. He is getting 1 skillpoint per level instead of 2.
also made a small logic fail indeed which caused your officer to auto assign things.
Should be fixed in attached file.
Tomorrow I will have some more time again and I will try to fix more stuff and upload a new version of my fixes.

About the fixing of stuff which is working. I did this because there where some reports about bugs with this system too, and it wasn't behaving as it should. You could very easy become OP because the rest of the characters where always generated very weak.

Attachments

• Leveling.c
    56.2 KB · Views: 108
Thank you Levis, I did not understand other people were having issues. Thanks for clarifying that and reminding me that just because I haven't experienced a problem doesnt mean there isn't one. And thanks for the fix. In program files?

:cheers

Just put it in the program folder yes and let me know if they turn up alright. I haven't had time to test it myself yet.

How about the officers etc?
Can we call this fixed?

I don't think so. The specific officers have no blank skill points but they are all allocated automatically and I can't distribute the unused ability points either. I have yet to encounter any random officer yet. A specific officer at level 27 had 257 HP and 62 skill points is that the correct number of points etc?

How do you mean you cant distribute the unused abity points? I haven't changed anything in the interface. For a while there. What's preventing you?

62 sounds right.
(Level-1)*2+10 should be the amount of skillpoints.

And officers indeed have theire skills already allocated. That was the whole idea. You'd think it would be better if they have it all still allocatable?
I could add a 1 in X change of a skillpoint not being allocated.

@Jason: When you hire officers, do you expect to see them with no skill and ability points assigned at all?
That was never the case before and if it was, I'd consider that the bug.

As long as you can assign skills and abilities from level-ups they get AFTER hiring them, that should make sense.
Before you hire them, it should be up to them to decide what to get, right?

Also the armor display problem is still with us with these fixes, it is not a big problem since it affects the way the character looks not whether the armor is actually on.
That one will be fixed again with whatever version I post next. Levis didn't know about my fix for it....

I have much respect for those of you work hard to provide us with this great game and your continuing efforts to make it better. However and I think I have made this point before some times it feels like we start tweeking things that are working fine, screw something up and then spend weeks trying to put things back where they were maybe with a little marginal improvement. For me all this stuff going on with the officers is an prime. Maybe a more through process to vet proposed changes in advance might help, although I have no idea how to implement that since we are literally scattered all over the globe and most have day jobs. Anyway just a thought. :shrug
I definitely know what you mean there and have been having very similar thoughts recently.
Development is being very hard these days because for every issue we fix, we seem to get a new one back while we really, REALLY need to get something stable, playable and enjoyable again.
We've got a huge list of things to be tested and commented on, but I can hardly expect anyone to do that if the base game is not cooperating.
Hopefully this coming Thursday's update will be better though.

That being said, in general we do try to discuss what changes we intend to make in advance, but often there is very little feedback, if any at all.
Most of that takes place here: Build Beta and Brainstorming | PiratesAhoy!
And of course we've got a by now rather huge list of things that we still need feedback on here: Build Testing List | PiratesAhoy!
If you want to be able to influence the direction of development, I'd definitely welcome your comments on any and all of the subjects posted there. :doff

What I always do to ensure I don't miss anything is to use the Recent Posts | PiratesAhoy! page.

Back