• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

CoAS Combined Mod Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
awesome!

Have we included the ship textures by pgargon? They are way better then the vanilla ones.

they includ the following: Arabella++Barkentin++Brigantine++Fleute++Barque++Brig++CorvetteQuest++Galeon_l++Interceptor++Enterprise++Sloop++Surprise++Arabella_New++Galeon_h+
+Caravel++Pinnace++Schooner++XebekVML++WickedWench++

I will fix those three ships and upload them to the FTP.

By the way, i love the light on the dingy at the dock. Nice surprise! :will

Check out the sloop, park it near a fort and fire a few salvos, let the fort tear the sloop apart, you'll get another surprise :woot

As for the matchlock....I got it in the game but it's not working as it should. Muskets in this game are a headache.

in POTC I have to use a sink or surrender policy because the sword fights have become so difficult that boarding is nearly impossible unless you have overwhelming odds on your side
Which storyline is that and what difficluty level are you on?
And do you have a good sword and using grapeshot before boarding?
Note that all storylines (except Standard) are now set to higher-than-lowest difficulties by default,
but you can turn that down if you want.
Let me know if there is an easy way to check that all the ship pics work other then starting a new game with the start ship going through all 100 ships over and over again?
You have that console function in place now, right?
You should try to adapt my GiveShip2Character function from the Build Mod's NK.c file to CoAS.
Might be a bit complicated, but it's certainly a worthwhile function to have.
Then you can use some code like this through console to give you the next ship defined in ships_init.c:
Code:
	if(!Checkattribute(pchar,"cheatship")) Pchar.cheatship = 0;
int con = sti(Pchar.cheatship);
if(con<SHIP_TYPES_QUANTITY)
{
GiveShip2Character(pchar,ShipsTypes[con].id,"Test Ship",-1,ENGLAND,true,true);
Pchar.cheatship = con +1;
}
TraceAndLog("*************************** Ship : " + ShipsTypes[con].id + " , Index : " + con + " ");

Mush2.jpg

I just might have gotten both muskets to work, it only took about five or six files to edit :shrug I'm still testing it, but so far it seems soldiers in towns carry the matchlock rifle. When you have the fire volley perk, the sailors use the musketoon aboard ship :will

BTW, my hero has the musketoon for testing purposes. I need to make sure that both rifles could appear side by side, it took me at least two hours to get both weapons to appear :?

That is awesome! :dance

Hear is the difference in the between the vanilla surprise and the pgargon retex/model surprise.

Keep up the good work.

ATM, soldiers are only firing their muskets once, I'm not sure why :modding They are supposed to have 300 bullets by default so it's not like they are running out of ammo.

Update:
Turns out I had the auto reload off, I think that explains why they only fired one shot. Which then goes to my next mystery.....I don't seem to ever recall musketeers having to put away their weapons to reload, I thought they always shot at you regardless like when boarding. Weird..... :shrug

Check out this new ship from pgargon! The HMS_Bellona!

Dude! This "Used 468.01K of your 500K global upload quota (Max. single file size: 114.98K)" is kicking my ass! :modding

I uploaded the TGA files to the FTP. They are named "Fix Ship Pics"

I will rename the ships over the weekend. :keith

Dude, that sloop is awesome. If only we could get all the ships to be that detailed and damageable. :will

I entered the new ship into the mod and will upload the files after I change the ship names? I noticed the Wicked Wench is not in the game ether.

By the way I was thinking that the ships should be named by class. Like the Constitution class,victory class, war flute class and fast frigate class and so on and so forth. What do you think? :keith

Check out the HMS_Bellona's rigging. She is so detailed. Bravo pgargon!!! :onya

I don't think we have his ships so if you could import them, replace any if you have to, that would be fine :onya

As for ship classes, well Constitution would be a frigate and Victory a line ship or MOW no? In the description of the ship we could leave in or add that information "This is the HMS Victory.....The Constitution was...." Something like that?

I think I solved the Pirate nation problem so they can be playable now. Originally I had enabled them but there was a problem in which nine out of ten times, when you start a new game you would not be automatically taken to a pirate town but get stuck on the ship. Well, I've removed the line of code that determines which friendly port you go to and replaced it with the pirate town. Now, regardless of what nation you play as, you always start at Bermuda. Personally I think this is a minor concession to make to allow Pirates as a playable nation. I've rarely, if ever, seen a pirate ship in the bay so it's not like you'll get attacked the minute you step aboard ship.

Currently you either go to Bermuda or you can get sent somewhere else, atm I'm considering making one of those empty islands the second option or maybe the another pirate colony. I've tried adding PuertoPrincepe as a second option but when I spawned there, I couldn't find my ship. I'll test out the other pirate colonies and decide which island I want to use as a 2nd spawn location. LSC could also be an option :shrug

Update:
I can't find my ship on the other pirate colonies so they are out. You can't start at one of the empty islands either so they are out too. The only one left is Bermuda and LSC, though starting at LSC might break the quest.....I don't know, I've never been there before till just now since I'm testing starting locations. Anyway, for now Bermuda it is and now we have a new playable faction! :cheers

I have updated the change log thread for those who wan't to know what's in Version three so far.

Dude! This "Used 468.01K of your 500K global upload quota (Max. single file size: 114.98K)" is kicking my ass!
By the looks of it, you are acting very much like a Modder.
I'll promote you and then you can upload 10 MB (if I recall; not sure what I set the value to, but it IS more than 500 kB).

There are quite a bit of files that have to be changed in order to change the ship names right? Dos anyone know all of them? I could look but it will take me some time. :rolleyes:

resourece/ini/texts/ShipsDescribe

program/ships/ships_int

Make sure the names match up in both files.

Congrats on the promotion :onya
dan.jpg

New Danille for the Enchanted City quest. Originally the quest used the Danille we are currently using as a hero. Now you don't have to worry about having two of the same characters if your using Danille Greene as a hero. Or if you aquire both as officers.

Please let one of the moderators know if anyone else should be promoted to Modder (probably Captain Maggee at the current time).
I, for one, don't keep up with CoAS modding properly, so I need someone else to tell me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back