• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

CoAS Combined Mod Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please let one of the moderators know if anyone else should be promoted to Modder (probably Captain Maggee at the current time).
I, for one, don't keep up with CoAS modding properly, so I need someone else to tell me.

Aye :trio

WIP French soldier
Frasold.jpg

It's supposed to be similiar to the uniform worn during the War of Spanish Succession (1701-1714) which is about 20 years from the COAS start date. But I think we'll keep the current French soldiers for now.

Well I found out that you can't just change the two files that you suggested. The game just crashes.

There are about 50 files more or less that have to be renamed in order for the name change to take affect. So the question is, how bad do we want the names changed? :shrug

Maybe not that bad. I just realized that some of the quest related files may have the old ship names, we would have to go through all those to make sure they are using the new ones :facepalm

I'll take a look and see if we could just fix the few ships which I don't think are involved in any quest.

Sorry, actually I meant 50 or so files per ship because the texture and model names have to be changed because just as the ship configuration files, they depend on the name of the ship.

Don't worry about it then, too much work for so little ships. Any new ship added from now on should be properly classified, IMO.

I don't know if you are aware, but I uploaded the HMS_Bellona to my file on the FTP.

I don't remember, did you figure out how to get the women characters to show in the tavern for officers for hire? If not, its a simple edit in the HeroDescribe.txt.

I can put the Wicked Wench in the game but i don't know where the sailorpoint file is. But I can make them up from PoTC walk files if need be. :keith

I'm pretty sure the Black Pearl has a sailorspoints file somewhere.
The Wicked Wench is the same model.

Are you having such troubles with ship type names?
There's no refShip.Sname in PROGRAM\SHIPS\ships_init.c, is there?

I don't know if you are aware, but I uploaded the HMS_Bellona to my file on the FTP.

I just added it to the game. I've re-classed all the ships in the game using the Rating system of the Royal Navy as of now:

All ships that are unrated are rated 7 for gameplay sake.
We have no 2nd rate ships.
The two largest rate groups are the 5th and 6th rate ship's.
1st rate ships are the smallest group.

I just have to redo the Encounters_init file to account for the changes I've made to the ship classes. I've also updated some of the ship descriptions.

With these changes I'm going to zip up Alpha2 and upload it to the FTP, I'll PM you (Craiggo) the PW again and you can test things out for me. For the most part I'm done with most of my modifications, I've saved the "hard part" for last which is adding a new button and creating the reinit system that POTC has.

I'm pretty sure the Black Pearl has a sailorspoints file somewhere.
The Wicked Wench is the same model.

Are you having such troubles with ship type names?
There's no refShip.Sname in PROGRAM\SHIPS\ships_init.c, is there?

Yes Pieter, there is a refShip.Name in PROGRAM\SHIPS\ships_init.c.

I just added it to the game. I've re-classed all the ships in the game using the Rating system of the Royal Navy as of now:

All ships that are unrated are rated 7 for gameplay sake.
We have no 2nd rate ships.
The two largest rate groups are the 5th and 6th rate ship's.
1st rate ships are the smallest group.

I just have to redo the Encounters_init file to account for the changes I've made to the ship classes. I've also updated some of the ship descriptions.

With these changes I'm going to zip up Alpha2 and upload it to the FTP, I'll PM you (Craiggo) the PW again and you can test things out for me. For the most part I'm done with most of my modifications, I've saved the "hard part" for last which is adding a new button and creating the reinit system that POTC has.

Sounds nice mate, I'll do the testing.I'll get the WW ready for the mod. I'm still messing around with pics. :onya

I stumbled on this tonight. Have you seen this game before?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5mi8BELrWc&feature=youtube_gdata

Not refShip.Name, refShip.SName (it wasnt a spelling mistake :no)

The answer to that question though Pieter would be a no :(

Shall I backup my files and do a fresh install then apply the mod?

Perhaps, if you've made a lot of personal changes since the previous version, yes.

The mod is huge at this point, unzipped it's almost 4GB.

Update:
Well, I started a new game and so far so good. I sense a change in playing style might take place with the new ratings. Although there are some decent unrated ships, you may want to amass a lot of wealth so you can afford and maintain a sixth rate ship. Or have a group of two or three unrated ships and then just hit and run single ship's and whittle their crew down enough to board them.

I haven't encounted any 4th or 5th rate ships yet but I just recently purchased my first 6th rate, L'Entreprise :sail

Shall I backup my files and do a fresh install then apply the mod?

Perhaps, if you've made a lot of personal changes since the previous version, yes.

The mod is huge at this point, unzipped it's almost 4GB.

Update:
Well, I started a new game and so far so good. I sense a change in playing style might take place with the new ratings. Although there are some decent unrated ships, you may want to amass a lot of wealth so you can afford and maintain a sixth rate ship. Or have a group of two or three unrated ships and then just hit and run single ship's and whittle their crew down enough to board them.

I haven't encounted any 4th or 5th rate ships yet but I just recently purchased my first 6th rate, L'Entreprise :sail

I've noticed the same. It is nice to start out as a pirate know but it sure makes life harder when sailing around. I like the new store keeper voices and such, the vanilla ones where getting annoying. I was playing the RTBL before applying V3 so I'm still getting used to the changes. I like the shark texture, and the musket sounds are good. The rating system seems to be working well and the hero, Anamaria, worked very well.

Some of the icons are still missing like in these screen-shots. :shrug I just extracted the tex/model files fixed into the directory as you can see in the bullets example before and after.

Other then that, its smooth sailing so far! :cheers

Could you check out some of the other ship files in case they need some fixing or sorting out? I've noticed that some of the unrated ships when you board them don't have captains, it's not too bad I suppose but some might find it disappointing. I was testing out a few changes I made earlier this evening and just now I had a 4th rate surrender to my 6th rate, rather absurd since the robbery screen shows they clearly had more crewmen than I did, my 36 vs their 370 something. This ship might have been a trading vessel, but still, they clearly had a numerical superiority......though I can't complain having a ship surrender, how often does that happen? :woot

Since I couldn't figure out how to extend boarding fights onto a second deck, I'm going to comment out the added decks since they are useless at this point.

Other than that, I'm enjoying the new rating's. Adds a bit of a thrill spotting a ship out of you're class, it makes you think if you should take the risk or try to sail away.

As for the icons I just added a few more, I've kept some of the vanilla ones as well.

Could you check out some of the other ship files in case they need some fixing or sorting out? I've noticed that some of the unrated ships when you board them don't have captains, it's not too bad I suppose but some might find it disappointing. I was testing out a few changes I made earlier this evening and just now I had a 4th rate surrender to my 6th rate, rather absurd since the robbery screen shows they clearly had more crewmen than I did, my 36 vs their 370 something. This ship might have been a trading vessel, but still, they clearly had a numerical superiority......though I can't complain having a ship surrender, how often does that happen? :woot

Since I couldn't figure out how to extend boarding fights onto a second deck, I'm going to comment out the added decks since they are useless at this point.

Other than that, I'm enjoying the new rating's. Adds a bit of a thrill spotting a ship out of you're class, it makes you think if you should take the risk or try to sail away.

As for the icons I'll check it out, there's so many, I must of missed em.

Yes I will. :keith

I just installed PoTC and am downloading the build mod 14. After reading so much about it on this forum I have to finally check it out. :dance

I haven't played POTC in ages, last build I played with might of be 12.

Oh and also check out the name of the Bellona. I've made sure several times that the names are identical in the files but for some reason the name does not appear on the ship or on the shipyard screen. Maybe I've missed something.

Glad you like the shark, I felt the original eyes it had looked cartoony. Then I just added a light gray color to it so it looked more like a Carribean shark and less like whatever it was originally.

Well blow down and slap me silly, i don't know why the name is not appearing. I looked into everything I can think of but to no avail. :mm

Where can I find the dev mode or the "_mod_on_off"? :nk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back