• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

CoAS Combined Mod Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will need to upload V3 anyway ;)

The reason why Pieter wants the page is updated is that it gives a lot more publicity to the modpack... everytime we release a new file on ModDB (or article) we get hundreds of visiters to the ModDB page which in turns moves them here :yes

Oh, Pieter. You really want to see that ModDB updated, don't you? I think the plan seems to be to update it for patch 2, but I really can't be sure.
YES! I've been requesting it for about the past... six months or so? :shock
I KNOW it's a good idea to do it, because it's a good place to put all updated downloads in a simple-to-find way AND have people take note of it and expand the user base and potentially the modder-base too. But apparently nobody else thinks about it that way. :facepalm

Sounds good. :onya

Yes alot has been changed in the ships_init file. Rather than remove the enteries for both HMS Bounty and 12 Gun Ctter i replaced them with Sloop's, this saved time. Of course it wasn't a case of just putting the Sloop's names in place. I did change crew size, speed, hull hp, cargoholds etc etc. I don't want to add the Sloop's ingame till John W. Hamm has finished sorting out the crew sizes, cargoholds etc to be based more on historical figures. That will take a few day's before he's finished that and when he has the Sloop's will be added with the same Cargoholds as the default Sloop maybe a slight increase for the Heavy Sloop and a little less room for the Light Sloop, lower calibure cannon for the Light Sloop, a little faster and better moneuverability etc. Everything that makes the Light versions "well" Light. And everything that makes the Heavy version different.

As for wind angle, i think there are a few ships that need this fixing, the Xebec's are one. The Schooner Xebec has a Xebec hull and Schooner rigging so it wouln't be as good as the Xebec when sailing into the wind. The Gunboat and War Tartan and Tartan will need fixing because they have vanila value's for that area. The Lugger should be able to sail better against the wind because its sail configuration too.

If you can find someone who knows coding somewhere, you should try to:

- Make ships require ONLY a ships_init.c entry and common.ini type name and nothing else. No weird number formatty things required. That's what it was recoded to in the PotC Build mod and it's really convenient.

- Allow skill enhancements from items to be coded in their initItems.c entry and still be taken into account, rather than having the code for the skill enhancements completely elsewhere. This is again something that we do have working in the PotC Build Mod.

Well, hopefully they'll get around to it. From what I understand they want to upload one contiguous 3.2 executable to ModDB, rather than v3 + Patch 1 + Patch 2. Have to admit there are some advantages there, as the majority of people just aren't smart enough to manual install two patches without screwing something up. E.g . my own personal failure to read and remember what was included in Patch , resulting in my rather hilarious overwriting of the 3.1 compliant Trade Overhaul Mod with the v3 version, resulting in some retarded bug reports ^^. Not to mention that if someone installs 3.1 today, they'll have to restart their game whenever patch 2 is released because it looks to be coming fairly close on the heels of patch 1. I know that these are all just excuses, but at least they're good, well considered ones! ;)

Personally I'd just try to post on the ModDB whatever you post on here. If V3 + Patch 1 + Trade Overhaul Mod is what you have now, then why not just upload that? You can always remove it later and replace it with the full V3.2 installer later. It'd at least show people that the modding on CoAS is still going on. And if people do run into issues, they might just be convinced to come here, find they like it and start to contribute. Happened occasionally with PotC.

The Schooner Xebec has a Xebec hull and Schooner rigging so it wouln't be as good as the Xebec when sailing into the wind.

I would have sworn the Heavy Schooner was a Schooner hull with Xebec rigging. I'm almost sure of it.

The question remains; Do I have to re-number ships.h? I'm just wondering because I'd like to have those ships out of my own game and don't want to leave any loose code lying around xD:

The Schooner Xebec has a Xebec hull and Schooner rigging so it wouln't be as good as the Xebec when sailing into the wind.

I would have sworn the Heavy Schooner was a Schooner hull with Xebec rigging. I'm almost sure of it.

The question remains; Do I have to re-number ships.h? I'm just wondering because I'd like to have those ships out of my own game and don't want to leave any loose code lying around xD:

Here are the ship_discriptions and Common config files with the added Sloops Ie, "Sloop2" replaces the "12 Gun Cutter" and "Sloop3" replaces the "HMS Bounty". I have simply copy and pasted the Sloop's dicrition so they'll need updating. "Sloop2" is called the "Light Sloop" and "Sloop3" is called the "Heavy Sloop" in the common config files. Don't use this files in your main game because they will course problems. I will upload the ships later after testing them out.

Not in my game its not, the Schooner Xebec has Xebec hull and sails. This is weird, it did use to have Schooner sails.

I must have the wrong ship. Nope just checked and it is the right ship. I could have swarn it use to have Schooner hull and Xebec rigging. :shrug

The Schooner Xebec is supposed to be a Schooner rig on a Xebec hull.
So technically it'd be more a Heavy Schooner than a Heavy Xebec.
Apologies for the confusion. :facepalm

Why is the rigging we have different to POTC, i could have swarn it wasn't like that before. I'm sure i've seen a ship with the hull of a Schooner and the rigging of a Xebec.

The rigging on that screenshot is the rigging the Schooner Xebec has in PotC also. :yes
If you've seen a ship with a schooner's hull and a xebec's rigging,
it wasn't PotC's Schooner Xebec. :shrug

Thanks for the updated common.ini and shipdescribe. I'll get on working out more suitable descriptions.. As for the Schooner Xebec thing, I think I just had it backward in my head. I'm easily confused xD: . I'll update the Heavy Schooner description accordingly.

Not a problem bud, i only have class 1, 2 and 3 to test before the problem ship reveals its self. To push things a little faster i might use the debug cheats to add a few skill points to my character so i can level him up a little more then that should allow for those class ships to start been generated at sea. When thats all done i can move on to testing the two new Sloop's. :dance

Damn intenet explorer, i had to switch to firefox, i use to use it all the time but i figured with IE8 released i wouldn't need to any more. Should have known better, PA would take several minutes to load with IE, with firefox its almost instant.

Not a problem bud, i only have class 1, 2 and 3 to test before the problem ship reveals its self. To push things a little faster i might use the debug cheats to add a few skill points to my character so i can level him up a little more then that should allow for those class ships to start been generated at sea. When thats all done i can move on to testing the two new Sloop's. :dance

Damn intenet explorer, i had to switch to firefox, i use to use it all the time but i figured with IE8 released i wouldn't need to any more. Should have known better, PA would take several minutes to load with IE, with firefox its almost instant.
You should try it with Chrome :) I prefer Firefox for the plugins, but Chrome is FAST.

Yep firefox does have its handy things, which i hardly used before so just getting use to them. Because firefox does what i need it to do i'll stick with this and take advantage of its plugins (just been lazzy there ). xD:

It's great. There is a plugin for just about anything you can think of. It's faster, more reliable, and more secure than IE. No downsides at all.

In that case i won't be using Ie for anything, i was using it just for some sites i go on that have alot of popups because IE8 has its own built in anti viruse program but if Firefox can do the same it makes IE useless.

I'm not sure that Firefox has a built in antivirus, but it does have a somewhat effective popup blocker, and there are plugins that improve on it if you need them to. It's definitely worthwhile to spend some time sifting through the plugin database. I dropped IE entirely about five years ago and never looked back.

Also, have you found your problem ship, yet?

Dear sirs,

Is there a big difference to choose a starting character in particular ? How many have their own plot and special missions ? Which ones are interresting to play with and why ?

Thanks a lot !

The only character at the moment with a storyline is Peter Blood, if you have the community mod 3.1 installed then some charaters will start with ships but it still remains as Peter Blood with the only store. Jack Sparrow starts with the Black Pearl, Javy Jones with the Flying Dutchman and a few other's the readme will give you more info into who has starting ships and what ships they are.

If you do not have any mods installed then you will find the Peter Blood storyline is filled with bugs and will require you to save almosty every few minutes. If playing with the community mod 3.1 then you should have no problems with the storyline. :onya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back