• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

CoAS Combined Mod Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
The PotC Characters NEED to use animation type 2 (ie man2, female2) this maybe why it crashed ;)

Ah, just the person I wanted to see! I've seen you have some experience in this area so I was hoping you'd stop by this thread.

I just tested out one of the AOP characters I imported and the animations were a mess which was a surprise since I expected the AOP characters to port over easily since they didn't appear to be all that different from COAS characters. Where would you suggest I look around?

How exactly are you testing them?

There should be a line like this with them
Code:
ch.model.animation = "man";
try changing "man" with "man2" (for an AoP male)

EDIT: if you are testing using main characters it is this line that needs to be changed:
Code:
animation_# {man}

Damn i edited my post but lost everything because of a reply. :modding

In shot. I have managed to get the forts to mount 92LBS now and will start testing it all out, but first i want to have a rest for the day and will start the testing tomorrow. The testing isn't only do the 92LBS work but also how long does the battle with a fort last for, the RTBL requires the battle to last far longer than it did in the vanilla so to test this i will enter with maximum companions all using ships like MOW's, Battle MOW's etc etc.

They will all have mounted the best calibure they can have. which should be 42 to 48LBS. This is the part that will take a while, the 92LBs have a damage multiplier of 25.0 which is some 20.0 higher than the 48LBS. That means the ships will all have substantual damage and crew KIA. I'm looking forward to the testing, this is the final part of RTBL apart from the ship_init file to be updated by MK which is no rush. But when thats done we will see a really nice polished game with improved naval battles. It will however be a little harder starting out due to the ships been tougher but then it is far too easy once you have the skills to sail class 3 ships and above so this naval battle update should hopefully keep the game very much interesting for much longer.

How exactly are you testing them?

There should be a line like this with them
Code:
ch.model.animation = "man";
try changing "man" with "man2" (for an AoP male)

EDIT: if you are testing using main characters it is this line that needs to be changed:
Code:
animation_# {man}

They are NPC's.

This is the only model I can test since I can't find the entries for all the other civlians.

Code:
makeref(ch,Characters[n]);			//Õîçÿéêà áîðäåëÿ
ch.id		= "FortFrance_Hostess";
ch.name		= xiDStr("Angelica");
ch.lastname = "";
ch.model	= "lady_5";
ch.sex = "woman";
ch.City = "FortFrance";
ch.location	= "FortFrance_SecBrRoom";
ch.location.group = "goto";
ch.location.locator = "goto8";
ch.Dialog.Filename = "Common_Brothel.c";
ch.greeting = "hostess";
ch.nation = FRANCE;
ch.questChurch = ""; //ôëàã äëÿ ïîæåðòâîâàíèé
LAi_SetOwnerType(ch);
LAi_group_MoveCharacter(ch, "FRANCE_CITIZENS");
n = n + 1;

I changed "lady04" to "lady_5" and went to the brothel. There she was but all a mess.

@ Makita
It's recommended. It's possible that most of the changes might not affect your current game but if you want to the full experience of the added content, then you will have to start a new game. At least untill the day we can figure out how to make a reinitilize button like in the Build mod. Then you would only press a key on your keyboard and everything will reset without having to start a new game.

Got a question:I've installed ver1, when ver2 comes out will it require a game restart? thanks

Yes it will but i don't think V2 will be out for a few day's, maybe a week at most. Its still worth injoying what V1 offer's and when your ready you can download and instal V2, which will improve much more of the game and some fixes have already been made to the quests by Officerpuppy.

I'm taking a little longer than expected. A few of the POTC models have textures with the same names as their COAS counterparts so now I have to dig around a few threads to find a way to open up the model and change the name of the texture to something else.
[...]
Update:
Models are fixed, now to fix the portraits and test in game.
I take it you found the "HEX Editor" method for changing texture names used by GM files?

Got a question:I've installed ver1, when ver2 comes out will it require a game restart? thanks
Absolutely. CoAS doesn't have a Reinit or Console functionality,
so any change to any game init file requires a new game to be started.

Which reminds me, if any of you gets the chance,
it comes highly recommended to try to build in a PotC style Console function.
A Reinit function might also not be too unreasonable to try and it saves a lot of starting new games. :yes

@ Luke159
Version 2 is pratically done, all that's holding me up are these AOP/POTC models. I'm just going to upload what I have done now then you just d/l it for youself, put in your updated files, upload it again and version 2 should be ready for everyone :onya
The AOP/POTC characters can be put in another time, there's no deadline to get the mod out ;)

Thanks Officerpuppy. :onya

You may aswell finish what your doing then upload it because i'm not testing the changes i've made till tomorrow now need to let my mind rest, looking for reasons why the fort would show its calibure of cannon mounted made me look for hours through files, sometimes searching the same files over and over for things i might have missed. My testing will take at least two day's because i will be busy tomorrow. So honestly there is no rush for now bud. ;)

They are NPC's.

This is the only model I can test since I can't find the entries for all the other civlians.

Code:
ch.lastname = "";
ch.model	= "lady_5";
ch.sex = "woman";
ch.City = "FortFrance";
ch.greeting = "hostess";
ch.nation = FRANCE;
LAi_SetOwnerType(ch);
n = n + 1;

I changed "lady04" to "lady_5" and went to the brothel. There she was but all a mess.
Try this:
Code:
ch.lastname = "";
ch.model	= "lady_5";
ch.sex = "woman";
ch.model.animation = "woman2";              //CTM (NEW ANIMATION)
ch.City = "FortFrance";
ch.greeting = "hostess";
ch.nation = FRANCE;
LAi_SetOwnerType(ch);
n = n + 1;

Thanks for all the replies, just discovered this game a few weeks ago and loving it.
There are very few mods it seems but they are a very welcome addition to my game, so plz keep up the good work and thank you all.

Mak

@ Luke159

Well, I'm going to tinker a bit with a few textures and maybe come up with some decent story intros for some of the heros.

@ Captain Maggee

I tried that but it still didn't work. I've decided to shelf the idea for now.

I've completed a rehaul of the Herodescribe file :nk It sure took forever and I'm ready for bed!

I've changed several names and added some small backstories to all the characters. Many of the new names are of real pirates of the 17th century and a few others are from POTC lore, that includes movies, games, books etc.

@ Luke159

Well, I'm going to tinker a bit with a few textures and maybe come up with some decent story intros for some of the heros.

Ok, take your time bud no need to rush.:onya I'm starting the fort testing soon, it might need some edits made to the damage multiplier if its too difficult and then more testing done to make sure its working well. The forts get three gun chioces, i want to make those choices 48LBS, 68LBS and 92LBS. If i can do that then the forts have the longest range available to them at all times and keeping the fort difficult to take attack means its more realistic.

I found two ways to enable Pirates as a playable nation, apprently the option was always there but hidden.

The problem I have is one way works but is locked on to a character via the herodescribe text. Once you finish the tutorial, you get sent to a pirate island. The other is you can select the nation via the select nation screen (ui button is a bit messed up but it works) but after you finish the tutorial, it won't take you to an island.

Why does one way work and the other doesn't, I haven't figured it out yet.

Thats a nice find, there must be some other files that effect the way they work, have you checked all the files in Age of Pirates 2\Program\characters since there must be more lines of code somewhere. Also there is selectCharacter located in Age of Pirates 2\Program\INTERFACE and maybe other files there that need looking into. Also as i found out you need to add enteries into some files here, Age of Pirates 2\RESOURCE\INI\texts\russian that was for cannons to be seen on the forts but if that effects that then it might explain what your problems are.

Hopefully it won't be too difficult to fix, the pirate as a playable nation would be really cool. :onya

I found a way around the problem though it's not quite the perfect solution...depends how you want to look at it.

By setting the character's nation as Pirate in the herodescribe text and starting a new game, you will be able to start the game as a pirate and get sent to an island. You can still select other nations and it will work just fine. The reason why its not "perfect" is because I would have to set most of the characters nations to Pirate in the herodescribe. Is it a big deal? I don't know....with the expection of the three main characters, you can pretty much be who you want with any other character, change hero type, nation etc.

I'll keep trying to get it to work the way it should tonight but otherwise, we have a new playable nation :onya (Albiet.....a very hard one at that considering being a pirate means being hunted down by all the other nations....such is the life)

Here some screens of some of the updated heros and Pirates as a playable nation:

p3.jpg

p2.jpg

p1.jpg

p4.jpg

Pirate nation descrption.

Yes all characters should be available to hire, they are normally found in there nations capital but can sometimes be found in other nations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back