• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

CoAS Combined Mod Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
COAS CM Version will be out later today, watch this space!
http://pyratesahoy.com/coas/COAS%20Combined%20Mod/

@ Luke159

Could you change the title of the thread in the first post plus add the link?

@ modernknight1

I was going to use your shipsint file, but after getting Luke's files, he had another version so I had to use his since I assumed you made yours with the shipsint file from version one. If you would like to have your shipsint flle included in the patch (sometime next year) then use the shipsint file from version two.

I hope everyone enjoys Version two, we have put a lot of time into and hope everyone will support the mod well into 2011. :onya

Password?

I doubt it, but could it be something to do with the poly count? The Enterprise in V3 Alpha is not the same one from V2.

Ah this could be it, not sure about the polly count but could it be something in one or more of the GM files or TGA files?

The Enterprise from V2 never had any problems as far as it beeping, i think you had problems trying to walk up the stairs to get to the poop deck i think you either couldn't do it or you would walk through the ship, this happens with the Interceptor so i could be getting the two mixed up but i remember there was something wrong with the Enterprise.

The other reason i don't think its anything to do with the ship_init file or any other text document file is the beeping for ships with problems in any of those files normally means the ship isn't generated but the Enterprise is which makes it stranger.

The V3 Enterprise and a few other ships were made by someone....his name is on the read me, I forgot who it was. Most of these new ships are larger in size (mb) compared to the ones we originally had. They have more ropes and overall look pretty neat. They overwrote the original ships. Some of the walk files for them dont work properly either, some of the sailors walk under the ship or climb invisible ropes.

I have checked every single file in COAS Cm V3 Alpha for RTBL settings that effect hull damage and there are no changes from the vanilla settings, the only settings that have changed are the cannons which have smaller bore sizes and new cannons weight and prices, other than that the vanilla cannons use the same damage multipliers as the vanilla cannons, the fort settings which allow them to mount 92IBS and use round shot in stead of bombs. Nothing else has changed, the only file left to check is ship_init which i will set any ships hull strength to vanilla settings that i find and base all new ships off those vanilla value's.

All this means is if its the bore size that effects the damage to ships as much as it seems to do, then the damage multiplier needs to be increased for each cannon to compansate the changes so that they work more like the vanilla cannons, that isn't a problem and i'm happy that all other files have shown that RTBL is not active as first suspected. :onya

UPDATE:
The damage multiplier can't be changed because 12IBS has the default bore size and 32IBS are double the vanilla bore size so they should do double the damage not only because of there higher damage multipler but there bore size is bigger than the 12IBS, the only cannons that will be effected by smaller bore sizes are those bellow 12IBS which was intended because they would hardly damage anything anyway's. The only thing left now is ship_init, hopefully that will fix the problem and get us back on track.

All ships have been reviewed and many ships have had there ship hp value's lowered, so that should mean that battles don't take as long and when firing at enemy ships you should see the same kind of damage done in the vanilla game.

That file is a WIP by the guys doing this MOD pack... that would be why it is password protected (your not supposed to have access :no)

Officerpuppy, i have noticed a problem with gaurds that are carrying muskets, or in this case are carry invisable weapons, see bellow.

This happens with all nations, i first spotted it with a Spanish gaurd but it was too dark to take a picture.

That problem appears to be random, I can't explain it. The only script that has been modified to have the new muskets is the patrol script, that would cover all town guards such as the one in the screen shot.

I recall Craiggo stating that he went to a Spanish town and the guards had invisible muskets but when I went there myself, they were all armed. So far I've yet to run into the problem myself.

@ Sharks Prize

We are mostly done adding new features to CM 3 and are now bug fixing. If you are good with coding, we could use a coder. In particular, we would like to implement the reinitialize function that the Build mod for POTC has for CM 3.

One of you send me a list of bugs to look out for. I have downloaded the bug fix and am going to have some time to play this weekend. :dance I

know about the musket thing. :shrug

The invisible muskets are still a problem, The ship "Enterprise" courses the computer to beep as its loading into sail mode (think its something to do with its new reskin) as far as i know thats all the known bugs at the moment.

Perhaps we might have to switch back to the old Enterprise from V2. As for the muskets, I haven't been home to play the game in a while so I can't test anything out. Although it's strange that the last few times I played I never had the problem but you guys are even though everything in Alpha 3 is essentially what is installed in my game.

When I do get home, I'll check it out, although I doubt it, perhaps there is a chance that I might of forgot to drop a file in Alpha 3 that is installed in my copy. If the problem persists, what we could do is include two copies of the patrol script, one with the rifle and one without. We will use the file without as the default and for those who wish to use the other, they can install it and take their chances with the rifle appearing or not. Should be good for bug testing I think, maybe isolate the problem some how.

In regards to bugs, are all the bugs or most of them at least from the bug forum, fixed for V3?

I think the next and final step for V3 is implementing the reinit function. Pieter left some details some where in this thread about implementing a new button into the game first, that shouldn't be too hard, after we do that we can try to figure out the rest.

mod ...

i hv problem ..owe some money from moneylander at COAS ...and now i must 5x paid to him or i cant play again..can anybody help me?

Sounds like you owe someone lots of money :razz You can keep playing, the only problem is you'll have a bounty on you're head and be chased down at sea and sometimes on land. Until you pay off you're debt, they will always be after you. You could also perhaps find a diplomat and pay off you're bounty via him, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Short of cheating, the only thing you can do is do merchant quests and capture ships, sell them and their cargo till you can pay off the money lender.

mod ...

i hv problem ..owe some money from moneylander at COAS ...and now i must 5x paid to him or i cant play again..can anybody help me?

You've paid him 5 times?

OP has any edits been made to the moneylender? i don't think i've seen any.

mod ...

He means he has taken money out for the moneylender in the City of Lost Ships. Anything you accept from this moneylender has to be paid back 5x the amount plus interest. Thus if you take out 100k it will then be 500k plus interest in return. (Though I have never accepted his money and paid him back that I can recall).

Oh that explains it then, i can't remember ever taking a loan out myself so thats something i don't know about. It would be interesting to test and see how bad the bounty hunters become though and what ships they use.

Hi guys, thanks for all the time you put into this mod, I love it, although i'm not sure I am getting everything out of it. I have a 3 things I want to discuss.

1. I had first found 1.8 on MODDB.COM (you should probably update that site) I had used it first, then I got 2.7 once I found this here. I put on a patch as well for 2. Now i just pasted it right over the resources file in the game and what the 1.8 put in, would I need to re install the game cause I have 1.8 already before I put the other mod in, or will it be fine? (expecially need to know with 3 set so soon to release)

2. Suggestion: Hirable officers/guards. So say you're really good with the English, you should be able to hire english guards from say the port controller? Since he never has any suggestion for people anyway.

Also, I played another game a while back and if you killed someone, you could change clothes with them, Could this ever be a reality in COAS?

3. I read somewhere here that people hate rats, I found a way to stop this.

first you need to edit this folder

\Program\_mod_on_off.h

--------------------------------------------------
// BOAL 07.09.03 Mods on_off mode
// çäåñü è äàëåå íèê boal - ýòî ðàçðàáîò÷åñêèé íèê ALexusB

#define VERSION_NUMBER1 "Age of Pirates 2: City of Abandoned Ships "
#define VERSION_NUMBER2 "ver.1.3.0"
#define VERSION_NUMBER3 "Seaward.Ru" // ALexusB&Co

#define VERSION_NUM 99910 // òåêóùèé íîìåð
#define VERSION_NUM_PRE 99910 // ïîñëåäíèé ñîâìåñòìûé

//Ñàéò: seadogs.4fans.org
#define VERSION_WWW "www.seaward.ru"

// Show special message for test game statment
#define MOD_BETTATESTMODE "Off" // On -DEV version; Test - TST ver; Off - relize

---------------------------------------------------------------

only change "Off" with "On" and the game can be cheated

you might need to do a new character file upon doing this, not sure.

then In game you will need to press f11 and get a list of 30 functions

There is a installation button within the list of functions. click it and there is an option to turn rats off. Essentially you can add the modified folder to your mod and explain to people what it does (if you guys were already aware, i'm sorry)

(examples) you can tele from tavern to tavern within the trainer (f11 on keyboard then clicking what you want to do within f11)
you can put on god mod for those impossible sword fights
you can add 50000$ at any time
you can fast forward 5 days with a click of a button
you can do so much more but make sure you exit with the x or esc key or it sends you to the end of the game if you press ok.

Thanks alot.

You pasted the resource folder straight over the game resouce folder?

If you did that then yes you will need to reinstall the game because the files we edit are only added to the mods folders all other files remain untouched so they are required at your end, you have to only paste the files from within each folder to the same folder in your game, NEVER paste the folders.

2.7 is only COAS Cm V2, its got the value 7 because it was uploaded with 7 zip, so it looks like 2.7 so don't let that confuse you. COAS Cm V1, COAS CM V2 + patches are all we have released so far, COAS Cm V3 will be ready soon but i can't say as to how soon, its in beta testing now i think which means its getting there.

The mods file is well known already, there is a topic on re-activating it, and you shouldn't need to change the line of code for rats in the mods file, you can simply open the cheat window by pressing F11 and select from the bottom right the tab (can't remem,ber what its called) and check the first tab which turns rats off.

You pasted the resource folder straight over the game resouce folder?

If you did that then yes you will need to reinstall the game because the files we edit are only added to the mods folders all other files remain untouched so they are required at your end, you have to only paste the files from within each folder to the same folder in your game, NEVER paste the folders.

2.7 is only COAS Cm V2, its got the value 7 because it was uploaded with 7 zip, so it looks like 2.7 so don't let that confuse you. COAS Cm V1, COAS CM V2 + patches are all we have released so far, COAS Cm V3 will be ready soon but i can't say as to how soon, its in beta testing now i think which means its getting there.

The mods file is well known already, there is a topic on re-activating it, and you shouldn't need to change the line of code for rats in the mods file, you can simply open the cheat window by pressing F11 and select from the bottom right the tab (can't remem,ber what its called) and check the first tab which turns rats off.
I figured as much because, I see the potc characters, but no quests for them. Or is there something I am missing, to start them?

One more oddity, I downloaded officer puppy's annamaria and it wont work for me.

Any comment on my suggestions? ^o^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back