• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

CoAS Combined Mod Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here, the exe says it is corrupt and won't run.
I have not completely downloaded the 7zip file, but I am already suspicious, because it is SO MUCH SMALLER than the exe, which I assume is compressed.
The 7z file is about 500meg according to my download manager, and the exe was about 1.7Gig IIRC.

Do the md5 checksums on your ftp match those on the same files on your HD (are the uploads truncated?)

regards,
Dave

Okay, it has been confirmed, the files did not complete uploading the first time. They ARE now complete, so you should have no further problems with .exe or 7z files.

If you are going to use the 7z file, make sure you have the latest BETA version of 7zip, or you will NOT be able to extract the files. There were changes between the release version and beta version compression methods that make the older version unable to read files compressed by the beta.

Cap'n Drow

I downloaded again, tried both files (exe and 7z).

The exe opens an installer, which seems to work, until it gets partially done installing, then encounters an error, which prompts to abort, retry, or ignore.
Retry just repeatedly encounters the error, and ignore causes a complete CTD of the installer.

The 7z is still downloading only just over 500 megs, and while it seems to unpack ok, the game crashes from the menu with an error about an incorrect script.
This is from an otherwise clean install.

regards,
Dave

DL the none exe version, install the latest version of 7.zip and extract with that program. You will have to manualy move each every every file over to the game directory folder which will take a while but for now till the exe version is fixed is the only option for those who can't wait for the fixed exe version to be released.

Note to all who are installing CMV3 or any mod manually, never move the folder's to the game directory. The folders are included in the mod as a reference to where the files go nothing more. Moving folders over will damage your game and could course it not to load. Only move the files into the corresponding folders. :onya

Drow i also get the same error message when trying to run the exe, it is the version you uploaded last night so if its been reuploaded then i haven't tried that one yet. ;)

I 2 am having problems. I let my .exe download overnight... and tried downloading the .7z this morning. I know of the issues with .exe, but the .7z is corrupt.
I'll give it another shot when I get back home from work.

if I extract the 7zip file i get 5265 data errors...each textfile I checked was empty.

I tried the exe and it looks like every file is empty, too.

BUT...after i didn't change the directory its istalled all files correctly (or it looks like all files are correctly installed :rolleyes: )...after this you can copy the file in game diectory

edit:
damn...I posted to early...I get a error as the installer tried to install files to RESOURCE\MODELS\Locations\decks\camp_deck

Problem here as well, it tells me this when I try to start the installation (from the .exe):

"Archive integrity check failed. The setup is not complete, possibly due to an incomplete download or corrupted file."

And I re-downloaded the .exe twice, still getting that error.

No CMV3 will require a new game, the reinit button doesn't have all features covered yet but work on still ongoing. You have downloaded the internal version of CMV3, if you go to the first page of this topic you will find the direct link to the EXE version but its not working at the moment, give us a day or two and it will be fixed or an alternative way will be provided. :onya

If you are having problems, you can try this: CoAS CMv3

That's the non-exe version. If you are comfortable manually installing the files then d/l that. In the mean time, we'll have someone check out the exe.

This version will require you to manually install the files to the corresponding folders. As said earlier in this topic never copy the folders to the game directory only the files within the folders are copied to the same folders in the game directories. :onya

Hi ,

I really do not understand why i should not copy the folders to the game directory. The folders are supposed to be the same as the game has, are not it? In that way a folder copy should be the same as direct files copy.

p.s.: Thank you for your work !

Yeah Luke, i don't get that we must not copy folders, but anyway i don't mind moving files manually, I really wanna play this today. Can you give me the password by PM ? thanks !

Hi ,

I really do not understand why i should not copy the folders to the game directory. The folders are supposed to be the same as the game has, are not it? In that way a folder copy should be the same as direct files copy.

p.s.: Thank you for your work !

Not true, why upload a whole folder or in that case the whole game, that in its self breaks the copy right laws right?

The folders in the mods package will only have the files edited by the mod team and thats all, so if you copy for example the Program\scripts folder over to the game directory you will infact only have 1 out of about 23 files so your game wouldn't work. So if you have copied folders over then get ready to reinstall COAS because when you hit launch the game will not load and even if it did it would crash soon after. :onya

I download 7zip 4 times and when i try to extract the 7zip file i get 5265 data errors
Meaby its beacause you use beta version of 7zip instad of most common 7-Zip 4.65 ?

Ok, sorry to say this but you are right the none exe version doesn't work either. We will fix it soon, sorry about the delay guy's. :onya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back