• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

CoAS Combined Mod Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ McVily
1)It's the Burgundy cross, it's the period flag for CoAS.
Cross of Burgundy

2)I've had that happen to me with the CM and in Vanilla, I think it's some graphic issue.
ah..got it..

So, how do I get old one back :cheeky

I used JSGME, so you can just tell file name, I'll replace it with one from backup folder

The name of the file you'll want to replace is called "flagall_ship.tga.tx", this effects all the flags on ships, forts and residences in the game. So if you wish to keep all the flags except the Spanish flag, you'll have to edit the file. The old flag was a variation of the flag used from 1785 until the 1930's. The only difference is that the old flag didn't have a coat of arms, the real one did. Prior to 1785 there were two other flags which were white and bore the royal arms of Spain, depending on who was on the throne.

Hi !

Version 3 so far so good, congratulation and thank you.

But i have a problem. On the tactical map there are two different type of pirate ships, a small one and a bigger one. When a bigger one attacks me, my PC beeps twice, and load the sea properly but without the enemy. Maybe some codes wants to perform some not-allowed effects, or any idea? (Peter Blood, with the stolen spanish ship)

Hi !

But i have a problem. On the tactical map there are two different type of pirate ships, a small one and a bigger one. When a bigger one attacks me, my PC beeps twice, and load the sea properly but without the enemy. Maybe some codes wants to perform some not-allowed effects, or any idea? (Peter Blood, with the stolen spanish ship)

This is been looked into bud. Did you use the cheats to increase your chatacters skills?

If so what was your skill when the problem started?

Hi all,

I downloaded the manual install last night, and this time it worked for me as well.
I only had an hour to play before bed, so I did not get very far, but what I saw so far is very welcome additions.

I noticed updates to the character list, new icons for things such as items which are much more attractive than the old ones, and a new side quest I had not encountered before.

Thank you very much for the new version. It is evident already that a lot of work has gone into this, and I am sure I will get many hours of enjoyment from your efforts.

I am a developer myself, although I have never yet done any mod work on any of the aop series (I am coming from the flight sim development world).
I recently stepped away from a project which I have been working with for years, out of need for family time (new daughter) and also burnout on a project I was on for years.

The point is, after discovering AOP, and your modding community, I would like to contribute in the future.
Probably not much immediately, as I said, I just stepped away from another project for a much needed break.

When I am ready, I am an experienced modeler (working in modo currently) and also have some code experience, as well as any 2D graphic work such as ui content.
Small models is probably where I would want to begin (although I would have to export my modo models, and send them to a willing maya guy to convert to a format you can use).

Do you have a list somewhere of needed assets for future CM versions I could see, and perhaps as I get time and ambition to work on another project, I could start on some models for you?
Also, who should I contact when I decide I am ready to participate.

Thanks Again, and great work to everyone involved.

regards,
Dave

Thank you Dave its alway's pleasing to read comments like yours. :onya

Officerpuppy is the one to contact when you are ready to step back into modding. Its good to know you have experience in modeling because there are few of us who do know about that side of things and most of the modelers are bussy developing Build 14 for POTC.

We have some ships that require some work to them, mostly pictures added and some ships which if you haven't already found can't have there all or some guns removed which everytime you click remove or fix the amount of that calibure increases in your cargohold. You can press it as much as you want and even up with thousands or millions depending on how patient you are, also makes for easy money.

There are plans for things in the future and your experience not only with moddeling but with code work will be of great value, i'm sure the other guy's will be happy to see your work. But when you are ready to begin again contact Officerpuppy and he'll let you know.

Also gongrats on a daughter, that in its self is hard work and finding time can be even harder. I know i have two sons ages 3 months and 3 years old and they are both a handfull. :onya

Hi !

This is been looked into bud. Did you use the cheats to increase your chatacters skills?

I do not use any cheats, or at least i am unaware.

Now i have the same problem when a patrol attacks me.

I think i was able to fight with "big pirates", and i think the "gentlemen of luck" attacked me twice, but when i got to the tactical map, the enemy's ship name was different (not the gentlemen of luck). So after a few confrontation wiht him, i started to notice the problem.

I do not know which skills you ask. I have 44 navigation skill (the ship is 4th class, instead of 2 as original, but i think You listed this, not a bug). The main skills are : P 9, I 6, R 9, A 3, T 10, E 6, S 6

Hi Luke159,

Thanks for your reply, and your congratulations!
(BTW - I just reread your post and caught a son @ 3months. so congratulations is in order in your direction as well :onya )

I will certainly contact Officerpuppy when I am ready, and have some time to commit.
I can't say exactly when I will be ready, as I said, I just stepped away from a long time project which honestly was beginning to burn me out. (after MANY YEARS of involvement)
However, I can say that I am very inspired with what I see happening here, and I think that I will be anxious to be involved soon enough. :onya

regards,
Dave

I want to install this mod with the JSGME tool (mod enabler).
Is this possible, and which version (.exe or seperate files) should I download?

I installed it using the JSGME tool, and the manual (7z) version.
Seems to work perfectly.

regards,
Dave

@ Luke

Yes I know about that auto loading check box i have it alway check on. That for reloading the pistol not mushket.

But Thanks anyway

My question was in CM3 is the musket fix? My problem was after install the cm2 mod the
musketeer will not shoot. On ship and in the fort the musketeer will not fire on you when they see you coming to kill them. They just stand there like a dumb e. In town you have to chase them all over that i let my undead crew do that.

Well I guess that's that :shrug

Hi Luke159,

Thanks for your reply, and your congratulations!
(BTW - I just reread your post and caught a son @ 3months. so congratulations is in order in your direction as well :onya )

I will certainly contact Officerpuppy when I am ready, and have some time to commit.
I can't say exactly when I will be ready, as I said, I just stepped away from a long time project which honestly was beginning to burn me out. (after MANY YEARS of involvement)
However, I can say that I am very inspired with what I see happening here, and I think that I will be anxious to be involved soon enough. :onya

regards,
Dave

Thanks bud. Take your time and injoy the rest. We are working on bug fixing at the moment anyway so no need to rush. When the time comes and you do decide your ready then it'll be good to work with you and see what you can do with the codes and other things. :onya

The EXE version is working bud and as far as i know it has no problems, you might have to direct the install location to your game directory because i had to but apart from that i don't see any problems with it. ;)

@ McVily
1)It's the Burgundy cross, it's the period flag for CoAS.
Cross of Burgundy

2)I've had that happen to me with the CM and in Vanilla, I think it's some graphic issue.
ah..got it..

So, how do I get old one back :cheeky

I used JSGME, so you can just tell file name, I'll replace it with one from backup folder

The name of the file you'll want to replace is called "flagall_ship.tga.tx", this effects all the flags on ships, forts and residences in the game. So if you wish to keep all the flags except the Spanish flag, you'll have to edit the file. The old flag was a variation of the flag used from 1785 until the 1930's. The only difference is that the old flag didn't have a coat of arms, the real one did. Prior to 1785 there were two other flags which were white and bore the royal arms of Spain, depending on who was on the throne.

TYVM...I like old flags just fine....

Yarrrr...Rum
:keith

btw.. i found bug on flying dutchman...when i press fix cannon button while sailing i get all cannons duplicated in hold (i got over 400 at moment :cheeky )

I don´t know, is this a bug? On the ship bounty and some others there is no button to go straight to the cargo hold. Only cabin, think about something and the sea. :mm

Congrats on completing the mod, got it working now and it is running great. I played CoAS back when it first came out for awhile and then stopped for a long time until last week when I started reading the Aubrey-Maturin series. I loaded it up and checked out this forum and saw that you guys were releasing the next version soon, and of all things it included Jack Aubrey as a playable character. :D The mods definitely make it better than the regular game.

Hi again,

Played the game a few hours with "La Buse" and his merchant ship with 4 cannons.

Below the bugs I have encountered:

1. As stated before muskets do not have any texture (at least in the city)

2. When fixing cannons, the number of cannons from which I am adding some to the ship increases every time I push the fix button. For example I had 0 cannons in my pool and 4 in the ship, when I dismanteled them ,and then fixed them back I ended with 4 cannons in my pool, and 4 cannons in my ship.

3. When I went speaking with a French military ship (was in the middle of the sea), some of its soldiers did not have any texture (not sailors but soldiers)

That's it, otherwise I see a lot of changes everywhere, and they are all welcome.

Hi !

I do not use any cheats, or at least i am unaware.

Now i have the same problem when a patrol attacks me.

I think i was able to fight with "big pirates", and i think the "gentlemen of luck" attacked me twice, but when i got to the tactical map, the enemy's ship name was different (not the gentlemen of luck). So after a few confrontation wiht him, i started to notice the problem.

I do not know which skills you ask. I have 44 navigation skill (the ship is 4th class, instead of 2 as original, but i think You listed this, not a bug). The main skills are : P 9, I 6, R 9, A 3, T 10, E 6, S 6

Any idea?

thank you

ps: I started a new character, and after a while i have the sam problem

When you view the character screen for setting officer's roles ie, to navigator, carpenter etc you willsee each officer has a number in there image on the lft, thats there ranks. Your rank should be shown too. :onya

Arabella Smith and Beatrice Blaze have one animation only each for both buttons. I guess it was intended to have two animations for two buttons? as their animations are different i guess something must have got messed up...
I don't know if this was intended to happen like this or it was a mess up. Arabella has the slash and Beatrice the thrust attack.

EDIT: Actually no, Arabella works fine... it only happened when out of combat . ¿!?

@ Zalioth

No one on the modding team really knows much about animations, so what you see isn't our doing. I suppose who ever did code the animations either did that on purpose or was an error on their behalf.

I just noticed that the mod is using the CMv2 flags, and not the new CMv3 flags :modding Well, something else to add into the patch.

When you view the character screen for setting officer's roles ie, to navigator, carpenter etc you willsee each officer has a number in there image on the lft, thats there ranks. Your rank should be shown too. :onya

When the problem started, i was at level 5 or 6 (6 is the current). I mention, with this and with last character, the problem started after twice beat the "gentlemen of luck".

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back