• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

CoAS Combined Mod Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Peter Blood's initial quest, in hagthorpe's state, Captain Hobart appears textureless, just white.

In Peter Blood's initial quest, in hagthorpe's state, Captain Hobart appears textureless, just white.

It's already been reported in the Bug forums and has been addressed. The fix will come in a future patch.

Great, sorry for repeating it then.

Probably someone's noted it too, but the guy with the headache in peter blood's quest when in barbados is missing, that guy gives you a very handy dagger, the only weapon that can't be seen by those damned soldiers lol.

EDIT:

He appears, but the morning after... from what i remember he used to be there the night when you are requested to heal ms steed...

Oh, and by the way, he had a weird graphic error with his arms.

Hi !

Version 3 so far so good, congratulation and thank you.

But i have a problem. On the tactical map there are two different type of pirate ships, a small one and a bigger one. When a bigger one attacks me, my PC beeps twice, and load the sea properly but without the enemy. Maybe some codes wants to perform some not-allowed effects, or any idea? (Peter Blood, with the stolen spanish ship)

This is been looked into bud. Did you use the cheats to increase your chatacters skills?

If so what was your skill when the problem started?

I do not use any cheats, or at least i am unaware.

Now i have the same problem when a patrol attacks me.

I think i was able to fight with "big pirates", and i think the "gentlemen of luck" attacked me twice, but when i got to the tactical map, the enemy's ship name was different (not the gentlemen of luck). So after a few confrontation wiht him, i started to notice the problem.

I do not know which skills you ask. I have 44 navigation skill (the ship is 4th class, instead of 2 as original, but i think You listed this, not a bug). The main skills are : P 9, I 6, R 9, A 3, T 10, E 6, S 6

I have exactly the same problem.

Ok thanks, testing so far has been going well with no messages about ship_66 not been able to be added to the sea. :onya

Hi !

Version 3 so far so good, congratulation and thank you.

But i have a problem. On the tactical map there are two different type of pirate ships, a small one and a bigger one. When a bigger one attacks me, my PC beeps twice, and load the sea properly but without the enemy. Maybe some codes wants to perform some not-allowed effects, or any idea? (Peter Blood, with the stolen spanish ship)

This is been looked into bud. Did you use the cheats to increase your chatacters skills?

If so what was your skill when the problem started?

I do not use any cheats, or at least i am unaware.

Now i have the same problem when a patrol attacks me.

I think i was able to fight with "big pirates", and i think the "gentlemen of luck" attacked me twice, but when i got to the tactical map, the enemy's ship name was different (not the gentlemen of luck). So after a few confrontation wiht him, i started to notice the problem.

I do not know which skills you ask. I have 44 navigation skill (the ship is 4th class, instead of 2 as original, but i think You listed this, not a bug). The main skills are : P 9, I 6, R 9, A 3, T 10, E 6, S 6

I have exactly the same problem.

Well, the problem disappear almost complately, so just keep playing.

Nother issue, the cannons bug.
I have no problem with it, i just drop out the excess cannon i get when i try to replace, but i really can not replace the wrong cannons in spite of that in the bug reports forum they say it is possible.

The frigate Cinco Llagas appears to be class 4, is this normal or a bug?

It's normal. In the current ships_int we are testing for Patch 1, it's been moved up to a third rate. You'll pretty much have to earn the right to command the ship without penalties. Best thing to do if you don't want to sail the ship but not sell it either is to have it laid up at a port then come back to it when you've leveled up enough.

The frigate Cinco Llagas appears to be class 4, is this normal or a bug?

It's normal. In the current ships_int we are testing for Patch 1, it's been moved up to a third rate. You'll pretty much have to earn the right to command the ship without penalties. Best thing to do if you don't want to sail the ship but not sell it either is to have it laid up at a port then come back to it when you've leveled up enough.

Yeah I know ^^. I was wondering why had it been lowered, cause in the vanilla game it used to be class 3 or 2... can't remember exactly lol.

In the stock game not alot made sense, so if it was a class 2 ship then that would have been to high, class 3 sounds more like it. But alot of Frigates was 4th rate ships in the English fleet, we have worked around this area a little and tried to make it more ballanced and more real to how the ships would have been rated but we have had to do a little ballancing to that and the out come is alot of ships have been reclassed into a higher class.

In the stock game not alot made sense, so if it was a class 2 ship then that would have been to high, class 3 sounds more like it. But alot of Frigates was 4th rate ships in the English fleet, we have worked around this area a little and tried to make it more ballanced and more real to how the ships would have been rated but we have had to do a little ballancing to that and the out come is alot of ships have been reclassed into a higher class.

Yeah I agree, it's a great job I must say ^^. Such an improvement since last year when i got the vanilla version. And well, I agree with it better being a class 3 due to it's uniqueness and being a special ship... The only trouble comes if as its a frigate all frigates must be classified the same... Anyway, I'll try to get more involved in this project (Excellent I must say ^^) now that all the tools and the source code are available.
I'm studying to become a software engineer, any coding solutions you might need, I'll be happy to oblige. Although from what i hear, this community lacks modellers, right?

In COAS it does lack modellers not too sure about POTC.

We have done some cosmetice work to the ship rates again for the patch so some ships will be classed differently to the stock CMV3. Because CMV3 doesn't have class 2 ships and there are far too many class 5 and 6 ships, so we have ballanced that out and there are now ships for each class. With class 7 having a few more ships than it does right now.

Enjoyed the new mod today for a few hours and added some bugs on the bug tracker today.

Other than that, I dont think thats really related to the mod, but I would suggest the following for a new patch nevertheless:

1. Theres TOO much ships sailing around, I mean you cant every day you sail in the Carribean spot 3 or 4 fleets. And this is without counting the abundance of pirates popping everywhere even when the game is set to "Few encounters". I remember Sid meyers Pirates ! where you could sail for a month without having a single encounter - which in my opinion would make sense, unless you keep travelling around ports. From my meager experience in Piratry and corsair ventures, it did happen that for several weeks ships did never encounter a single ship when crossing the carribean. I think the general map in terms of ships is not empty enough, its more like a bounty supermarket for now. Number of ships at sea should be divided at least by 3.

2. This is more personal, but I think currently making money through trading is too easy, margins should be tightened somewhat. With a cargo space of 1500 you can make about 50'000 pieces of eight of benefit on a single haul, that's too much. You do that 20 times and youve got yourself the best ship ingame, although you are still at level 3. Same for looting and selling ships, ok ships have value, but you cant realistically go around selling ships everywhere at 80% of their price. Its not like every family in the carribean needs a ship! Survival in terms of keeping yourself alive is ok, but in terms of wealth its really too easy right now.

1. I agree for few encounters you do see far too many ships and pirates seem to be just as bad as when set to frequent encounters.

2. Work in this area is already been done, we have increased weights of goods,, increased weights of cannons and reduced size of cargoholds for most ships. Of course more is still needed to be done in terms of how much the store owner gives you for delivering cargo and how much you make from cargo.

I found now in capture ships very often more than "800" cannons, okay they are now cheap if i sold them but i think it´s too much.

Well thats been fixed some what ready for the patch however we can't change the amount of guns the ships carry as goods to trade, but we can and have adjusted the weight of the guns making it harder to carry as many however you will see some ships carrying what seems like a lot of the smaller calibures. Thats something we can't change without making it almost impossible to mount any guns. In my testing so far i haven't seen any ships carrying many cannons, however my charater is only rank 3 so i haven't boarded any big ships like Galleon's, Frigates etc.

Have any of you guys picked a girl as PC and then used a cuirass? do they look all right or they suffer from clipping?

Have any of you guys picked a girl as PC and then used a cuirass? do they look all right or they suffer from clipping?

Neither, they look like they don't have one but they still get the benefits of one. The reason for this is we need a modeler who can edit the female models and give them the cuirass; we don't have modeler with these skills. I'm not even sure if we have the software for it though the Ruissan's have been able to create new characters, for example, Alexander came from a Russian mod. So perhaps it is possible to edit existing ones too.

Is it now possible to use a musket? I picked up one but I can´t use them.
And what is happen to capture a fort, still difficult. By the way, to capture a fort with only 42 cannons it´s more difficult as capture a fort with 158 :shock
I fired 30 real minutes on a fort with 42 cannons, no one destroy. In the same time i fired on a 158 cannons fort, over 50 cannons destroy!? (with a class 4 ship, cal.48 and 42 cannons on board).

There is some left over code from when I tried to enable the musket for PC but it just doesn't work unless you have a dedicated character to it. Trying to play with only a musket an no sword is incredibly difficult, so I abandoned the project for now.

In regards to your second question, perhaps Luke159 can answer that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back