• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

CoAS Combined Mod Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of green, does the ship above have another texture set? I felt the texture it currently has was too green as well.

:gday i have just tried out the CM v3 patch and it works perfect good work guys :onya but here is the thing i change a bit in the debuger.c so i could get the arabella ship i have done this before but this time i can't buy medicine anymore :modding why is that any one knows

I checked our model in GM viewer and the ship isn't as green as it is ingame. :shrug

It's the way the light hits it. The GM viewer doesn't have a light source so in the game, the texture would look brighter than it does in the GM viewer.

You mean have it so you start the game with the Arabella?

I have no idea why you can't buy medicine any more. It must be something you have edited, then again have you installed the trade overhaul mod 1.7 because that might explain that problem. :shrug

You can get the trade overhaul mod from This topoic

@ OP

Oh well that explains why it looks different, thanks OP for clearing that up. :onya

i just change the name in debuger.c from manowar to arabella so when i press F11 and choose F6 i get the ship but when i do that medicine disaper and when i try to buy new it shows -2377476464 when the deal is done. but i will check out the trade overhaul mod 1.7 and see if it does the trick

:dance now it works :onya thanks for the help luke :bow

When you change this line of code.

Code:
mc.Ship.Type = GenerateShip(SHIP_MANOWAR, true);

to

Code:
mc.Ship.Type = GenerateShip(SHIP_ARABELLA, true);

are you also changing this?

Code:
string descF6 = "Goog spyglass, pistol õ2, blade, manowar, hero reputation, idol in shop";

to

Code:
string descF6 = "Goog spyglass, pistol õ2, blade, arabella, hero reputation, idol in shop";

I have never changed the ship from the MOW so i don't know, its just a guess. All that was changed in this file for CMV3.1 was amount of supplies you get thats all. I did just notice that the guns are set to 42Ibs they sould be 48Ibs. I have fixed that now, but i honestly can't understand why you would be having problems with the store and goods not showing.

Ah in that case ignore all of the above now that it works. :onya

A few things about ships in the mod that I would like to point out.

"Cutter1" and the 12 Gun Cutter are the same ship. They use very similar models in-game, and are almost indistinguishable based on stats:

2ewjjtx.jpg

Since "Cutter1" is one of those names that I feel serves to ruin some of the immersion, I could see completely removing the ship from the game, as it is simply a duplicate. Though I would recommend using the "cutter1" model for the 12 Gun, as I personally like it better.

HMS Bounty and Bounty are a similar situation. They use the same model, and are both based on a single historical vessel (which, amusingly, was in fact simply a refitted collier (coal transport) which was stolen on her first mission xD:). Removal of one of those ships, again, would not adversely effect gameplay. In fact - in my opinion - it would be an improvement. Again, for immersion reasons, I would remove the HMS Bounty class, as a class name should not contain the HMS prefix. Not to mention that if memory serves, the HMS Bounty's picture is bugged all to hell, whilst the Bounty's works wonderfully.

Just some thoughts. As we continue to improve and refine this mod, some of the little things from older versions should be reevaluated, I think. Just my opinion, of course, but I feel it is a valid one.

I think the HMS Bounty is probably named so because that's what I renamed her to in the PotC Build Mod. For Build 14 Beta 1, I renamed a whole bunch of ship models so that they've got a prefix indicating their nationality and I put HMS_ with a whole bunch to have all the british royal navy quest ships grouped together. However, the HMS_Bounty model is EXACTLY the same at the Bounty one. :yes

If those interface pictures for the cutters are anything to go by, they're the same model with a different texture.

If those interface pictures for the cutters are anything to go by, they're the same model with a different texture.

The hulls are the same with some color differences, and the sails are slightly different, as well. The 12 Gun's sails only go about two thirds of the way to the yard at full sail, which looks foolish. In fact, all of the rigging on that ship is abnormal. I actually assume it is a flaw in the model, which is why I recommended keeping the other Cutter's model.

As to the HMS Bounty, as CoAS currently - to the best of my knowledge - uses all available ships for all nationalities, it seems a little silly to fight an 'HMS Bounty' as part of a Spanish convoy (happened to me not ten minutes ago).

Although the folder name has HMS in it, that doesn't mean the display name needs to have it as well. In PotC, we made an effort of giving each ship type a sensible type name that is NOT an actual ship's name like HMS Bounty or something similar. Either way, one of the two should be removed. :yes

As for the cutters, those came from the era of PotC modding when people had just figured out how to change ships' rigging. They didn't know yet how to make new models. Those ships were nice for the time, but for download size's sake and the fact that they're hardly different from their stock game counterparts, I think we should remove most of those from the PotC Build Mod too.

Also, I reckon it's quite worthwhile figuring out how to limit certain ships to certain nations. We did it in the PotC Build Mod and it actually wasn't all that hard to code. I figured it out myself, that one. :wp

I've removed both of those ships from my game already and have replaced them with two new ships. I got board of seeing Cutter 1 Cutter 2 etc so i renamed them to Light Cutter and Heavy Cutter. Same with the Pinnace's and Batavia's. The 2 new ships that replace the bounty and 12 gun cutter are sloop's. They are different from the sloop's in COAS and have been named Light Sloop and Fast Sloop.

I've removed both of those ships from my game already and have replaced them with two new ships. I got board of seeing Cutter 1 Cutter 2 etc so i renamed them to Light Cutter and Heavy Cutter. Same with the Pinnace's and Batavia's. The 2 new ships that replace the bounty and 12 gun cutter are sloop's. They are different from the sloop's in COAS and have been named Light Sloop and Fast Sloop.

Good to hear on both counts. I admit that I despise the class names ending with numbers, so that being changed is big for me. I think one day soon I will sit down and make a lot of modifications to my personal files. I find that some of the classing is a bit wild for my tastes (at least half of the different ships must be in the 6th rate). Another issue for me is spelling and grammar in the shipdescribe... I read one earlier (can't remember which) that actually made me angry. It may have been the Schooner Xebec. In fact, I am going to do shipdescribe right now. If I upload the finished product, will you modify it to be part of your next patch? Please? xD:

Edit: In fact, I will just include the spell-checked shipdescribe in the next version of the bookmod, and you can decide what to do with it from there :)

Yep class names ending in numbers doesnt really do it for me (at least not in pirate games)...

So I would say light cutter etc. is probably better :onya

Yep no problem Darkhymn, the ship discriptions really do need a overhaul doing to them.

@ CM
Yep those ships was really bugging me with numbers after there names. Its all good saying i have the Batavia 2 when i would rather hear i have the Batavia or Heavy Batavia.

I'm also noticing that a lot of the added ships have copy and pasted descriptions from Vanilla ships, sometimes to hilarious effect:

Yacht {
Yacht is a small ship, made for transporting cargo and protecting small convoys. Although the lugger is modestly armed and crewed, it is specially designed for trade and battle. Many captains value the lugger for its speed and maneuverability. The small size prevents its use on long sea journeys.
}
:slap xD:

Also, with a name like Yacht, how much combat is it really intended for?

We also used to have class names ending in abbreviations in early PotC Build Mods,
such as the Lugger CT, eg. Catalina's Lugger retexture.
But I really also much prefer having realistic class names end up on the screen,
eg. ones without abbreviations and numbers. :yes

I'll just leave this here:

Cutter {
With its small hull and great sailing properties, the Cutter can be used as a small trade ship. However, she is better used for scouting, since she is so fast and agile.
}
Ketch {
With its small hull and great sailing properties, the Ketch can be used as a small trade ship however she is better used for scouting since she is so fast and agile.
}
Pink {
With its small hull and great sailing properties, the Cutter can be used as a small trade ship however she is better used for scouting since she is so fast and agile.
}

I don't even know where to go with this. One of those ships is apparently named Pink. Pretty sure all the kids in Pirate school would give the guy with the Pink class vessel some serious wedgies.

The Bounty currently has a snippet from the Wikipedia entry on the HMS Bounty as its description. I'm thinking a change to something along the lines of:

A converted collier, the Bounty is lightly armed for self defense, and is used primarily as a light transport and merchant vessel.

The Pink ingame is called Cutter1 in CMV3.1 that will be changed in CMV3.2 to Light Cutter. You could rename the discription to be based around the Light Cutter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back