• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Coastguard Ships Remain After Escape

All files from that first episode are long gone. I do have a save from my last smuggling run which was successful after days of running around looking for soldiers, sending a very good officer out to scout, who never came back, looking for soldiers, finding a soldier who didn't want to talk, and then suddenly there were soldiers everywhere. And then going to the ship and waiting for the opportune moment, doing the deed, and quickly sailing away straight to the world map as no soldiers or ships appeared.

Methinks it would be no help to you.

Then we'll just have to check again some time later.
I've reopened the issue so at least we'll keep it on mind.

I think extracting the attached file to your PROGRAM folder should prevent weird error.log entries upon escape.
Please do try an escape through DirectSail without using the worldmap.
It everything works as intended, your compile.log file should then contain a note about "Rand_ContrabandInterruptionAtSeaEnded" after the DirectSail island reload.

Attachments

• smuggling.zip
    13.2 KB · Views: 72
Please try if this works okay now. It should ...
Especially try it in iron man mode where you don't go to the worldmap

@jsv you've probably done some smuggling by now and got caught. Can you confirm that if you flee the coastguard ships are cleaned up nicely and dont bug you any longer?

@jsv you've probably done some smuggling by now and got caught. Can you confirm that if you flee the coastguard ships are cleaned up nicely and dont bug you any longer?
Not since that overlapping schedule bug was fixed. Now normal smuggling appears to be a risk-free buisness, once you know the ropes. But I can test this on Ironman before Monday, if needed. Definitely not today, though. Tomorrow evening or Saturday.

Not since that overlapping schedule bug was fixed. Now normal smuggling appears to be a risk-free buisness, once you know the ropes. But I can test this on Ironman before Monday, if needed. Definitely not today, though. Tomorrow evening or Saturday.
Just wanna say don't get used to it to much :p for now People can get used to it but later on when I expand the smuggling System you might get some nasty suprises ;).

when I expand the smuggling System you might get some nasty suprises
False smuggler agents planted by the authorities? Guardsmen in the tavern refusing to take the bribe, violently at that? :)

False smuggler agents planted by the authorities? Guardsmen in the tavern refusing to take the bribe, violently at that? :)
False agents is indeed on my list ;).
It will all tie into the govenor quest also.

I want to add a Kind or "awareness state" for Islands. The longer you Play and the more you smuggle on an Island the more they learn about it altough some Events (like a new govenor can reset this), so the more they learn about it the more they know how to tackle it.

Expect even a possebility of your ship being searched if you dock in the Harbor with contraband on board :p.

Expect even a possebility of your ship being searched if you dock in the Harbor with contraband on board :p.
As a reminder: That was to be done only if a smuggling quest for that contraband is active.
Just to prevent the old heated discussions on that one from starting up again. There is no need. ;)

But I can test this on Ironman before Monday, if needed.
Sorry, I haven't got much time to test this throughly. In what little testing I've attempted, I was unable to trigger the appearance of that squadron in the first place.
I land in the meeting place outside of the safe time window. If I get caught before retuning to ship, nobody waits for me at sea. If I don't, nobody waits for me either. :ninja

There being any coastguard ships at all now has a random chance in it.
Because it was considered excessive to ALWAYS be caught if smuggling outside the "safe time window".

Ok, triggered it after a couple more tries. Ran away, sailed back. There is a military patrol near the smuggling bay, but they are different ships and they have no interest in me. So it seems the fix works :cheers
Boy, testing this entirely on Iron Man takes a lot of time. In calm weather 20x acceleration doesn't mean much. Do we have a cheat for fixing the wind at constant near-gale strength? :)

But there is another bug. It seems that when you reload from a save made on the shore in the middle of a smuggling deal, something is not reinitialized properly and you no longer get caught.
Normally, with DEBUG_SMUGGLING=2 I see periodic "SMUGGLING get chance to get caught" messages. After reload they disappear completely.
That explains in part my initial lack of success in being intercepted.

Based on past experience from now on every time I go to Cayman those ships will be waiting for me.
I have just tested this myself from your save posted here: Unconfirmed Bug - smuggling is broken again. | PiratesAhoy!

Upon setting sail, there were three Coastguard ships and one Treasure Quest Pirate still there.
The following quest case was correctly executed after my escape to the WorldMap:
Code:
Quest name Rand_ContrabandInterruptionAtSeaEnded FOUND in CommonQuestComplete
After returning to Cayman, those Coastguard ships were GONE.

I also confirmed this when using DirectSail, so this is really confirmed well and truly FIXED.
The Coastguard does NOT remain any longer after you have escaped.

Back