• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Conversion of Arabella in the HMS Mordaunt

pgargon

Freebooter
Storm Modder
Storm Modeller
The Arabella in the game has a very strong resemblance to the HMS Mordaunt of 1681.

HMS Mordaunt is now ready!

Update 03.Nov 2010
+ Fix reverse lighting bug

I am grateful for feedback. Have fun now.

http://www.pyratesahoy.com/potc/pgargon/HMS%20Mordaunt/HMS_Mordaunt_1.03.rar

Nice Project!

Did you also check this page?

http://www.nmm.ac.uk/collections/explore/object.cfm?ID=SLR0004

I don't see any differences in the pics Mate. :shrug Before you start any significant effort, you do realize there's already a skin/model based on Arabella in both POTC and COAS CM that is called Mordaunt. It's a really nice looking skin? You should check it out. MK

I don't see any differences in the pics Mate. :shrug Before you start any significant effort, you do realize there's already a skin/model based on Arabella in both POTC and COAS CM that is called Mordaunt. It's a really nice looking skin? You should check it out. MK

You may see no difference in the texture, that is correct but in the model, the difference can be seen on the pictures. 8)
Moreover, the skin responds to you just a skin which is called Mordaunt but it is not the Mordaunt. My motivation for this game is to build the ships as historical as possible.
This is a model of the HMS Mordaunt. I hope you see the difference. Thank you for your criticism. :)

748.jpg

I needed new windows for me fav. colourshemes, I'll load them up and I hope they'll fit to the new model!

Arabell1.jpg

Arabell2.jpg

Arabell3.jpg

I like it! This games lack of true XVIIth century ships of that kind! Keep it up guys!

I didn't pretend to have made them by my self! I just passed over the window from another mod.

Another one with russian origin but this time much more has been changed by me than usuall
arabell4.jpg

Ingame:
Neuer_Glanz-1.jpg

pgargon,

I definately see the difference in hull form now Mate. Beautiful work! :onya It has a much fuller appearance now and with a slightly scaled down beakhead looks true to form. I'm glad you got rid of the eagle figurehead also. I have been so immersed in work lately that I'd lost interest in my modelling tutorials, but your efforts have reenergized me with inspiration.

BTW: The Mordaunt has an extremely interesting history. She is not typical of the other third rates of the Restoration time period. She was built privately, intended to be a large Indiaman but well armed enough to take on any warship. When the owner could not pay his debts, the Mordaunt was seized by the British Crown and pressed into naval service as the HMS Mordaunt.

I suggest you also take a look at the best resource available in my opinion on ships of this type. "The Restoration Warship, The Design, Construction, and Career of a Third Rate of Charles II's Navy" by Richard Endsor, Naval Institute Press, Annapolis, Maryland, copyright 2009. The book is pricey, but the most comprehensive work on the subject I've ever seen. It's available on Amazon.

Can't wait to see your final product and hopefully someone can find/build some leather/ochre colored textures with lots of yellow/gold trimmings. Thats what the historical paintings reflect for these type of ships.

V/R MK

This story has also a diplomatic dimension. Lord Mordaunt went out of money due to delays caused by spanish political intervention! They pretended he may sell the ship to Brandenburg-Prussia!

Very good! I don't like very much the vessels of this age, i prefer the 18 century 's one, but she is very nice! :cheers

Back