• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Conversion of Arabella in the HMS Mordaunt

@ Thomas, I'm with you! I was comparing her new lines with those of a large wood model of a 17th cent Dutch Frigate I have at home (brought home from Amsterdam 15 years ago) and she is very close. Indeed a Dutch reskin with clinker built upper rear gun wales in the traditional Dutch Green, a replacement of the window galleries on the sides with the Dutch style bulbous ovular single window overhang, and a 5 to 6 window scheme in the rear with one of the Dutch admiralties coat of arms above and a mural below and we would have a true Dutch frigate! Lots of potential.

@ Oskar94, Techwise, Its whatever he choses to enter into the ships init stats for the model. Historically, the 17th Century English third rates mounted between 40 and 54 guns, and the shallower draft 17th Century Dutch Frigates of the same lines were mounting slightly fewer with 28 to 46 typically. Many of the earlier ones (1630's- 1660's) had only a single full gun deck and a split 2nd gun deck amid ships. With the new building program DeWitt initiated after the close loss of the 1st Anglo Dutch War, calling for larger ships that could more than match English ships broadside for broadside, the Dutch Frigates of the 1660s were mostly built with two gun decks. The earlier Frigates are often called Pinnaces, but there is no official class dilineation. I myself see the Pinnace as a ship mounting 12-28 guns and anything larger as a Frigate.

MK

This HMS Mordaunt will have 58 Kononen. 26 per broadside, 2 in the front and 4 back. ;)

I thought the Mordaunt only had 46 guns?
http://modelshipworld.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7554&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0
The site has some WIP pictures of a wood model of the Mordaunt, very cool.

The Mordaunt was designed for 46 guns.
The model you see that this version has already received 26 guns per broadside. Usually the ships were already more heavily armed than planned. ;)

Mordaunt011.jpgMordaunt024.jpg

Indeed, very nice work. Look forward to playing when I have time. One comment though.... the 17th cent English 3rd rates typically carried topgallants. The masts/tripple sail arrangements from the Dutch Lineship might be better suited on the new Mordaunt.

MK

Indeed!!! I just integrated it into a new game. Gorgeous!!! Its the only reason I started the new game LOL :onya

Luke old buddy are you looking at pulling this into the next combined mod V3?

MK

For those who want to keep the Arabella as well, you want some new stuff without starting a new game! Here new mod from pgargon and me:
Corsairs3_0003.jpg

Corsairs3_0004.jpg

just uploaded to my folder!

Hm... I've almost ported HMS Mordaunt to PotC, but there are a few missing textures which weren't included.
I think these are: ArabellaShip, lampK3, metalU2 and metalU5. Could someone please provide these? :?

Hm... I've almost ported HMS Mordaunt to PotC, but there are a few missing textures which weren't included.
I think these are: ArabellaShip, lampK3, metalU2 and metalU5. Could someone please provide these? :?

Mordaunt, i'm sure that was ported over from POTC orginally.

Mordaunt, i'm sure that was ported over from POTC orginally.
Not to my knowledge- I mean pgargon's improved Mordaunt from the first post; no textures supplied with the files.
Of course some of them are shared, so not ALL of them are missing.

I honestly can't remember. I've ported that many ships over its hard to tell which was from POTC and which was orginal COAS ship that have been updated. I can't remember ever seeing the Mordant in COAS stock game so she was ported over or released for COAS. If she was ported over then maybe on old build mod, i ported some ships from build 13 full install and build 14 latest stable version to be released. Also many ships was ported over by Jonathan.

I believe some ships was removed or replaced between build 13 and build 14, maybe the Mordant was one of them. Pieter will know if the Mordant was in POTC at any time.

Back